Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 (5668 Views)

Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / The Ekumeku War Of Western Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by ACM10: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2012
Even some folks who wants to ram Kiriji war down our throat are questioning a well-known Ekumeku resistance against the British rule.
Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by ebere1712: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
martinseme: As a igbo man today am so glad and joyful that the resistance of those heathen igbo men were defeated back then. Am certain the demonic idols being worshiped back then were behind those resistance. I thank God for using those white missionaries to bring salvation to the whole igbo land the jews of Africa. God bless the souls of those courageous white men.
You should kill yourself, you i.di.ot. You can't prove any of the crap you just spewed, but you feel right saying it. No room for fanatics of any kind in Alaigbo.
Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by Crayola1: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Interesting thread, better suited for Culture section though smiley
Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by fr3do(m): 9:26pm On May 02, 2015
martinseme:
As a igbo man today am so glad and joyful that the resistance of those heathen igbo men were defeated back then. Am certain the demonic idols being worshiped back then were behind those resistance. I thank God for using those white missionaries to bring salvation to the whole igbo land the jews of Africa. God bless the souls of those courageous white men.

You disgust me!
Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by atakamus: 2:06pm On May 03, 2015
The Igbo race was a very strong and complex place for the British to handle. The British taught that by conquering Arochukwu that they will subdue the whole of Igbo land. The misconception was based on the of the influence of the Aro orchestrated by the influencial Ibini Ukpabi deity.
The British were later to realise that conquering Igboland was a great task. The inexistence of centralised states in Igoland made it very difficult for the British to control Igboland leading to some experimental political structures. One of these political experiment was the establishment of a Warrant Chief position which did not succeed because it was characterised with crisis. Aba women riot was a very notable crisis that the warrant chief ship position created.

1 Like

Re: The Ekumeku Resistance 1897-1914 by Brek: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
ebere1712:

You should kill yourself, you i.di.ot. You can't prove any of the crap you just spewed, but you feel right saying it. No room for fanatics of any kind in Alaigbo.
Fool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prof. Dora Akunyili Died of Endometrial Carcinoma - Husband / Five Nigerian Men Arrested In Dubai For Robbing With Toy Guns ( Photo ) / PDP Won Osun Guber Election (false)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.