Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure (36974 Views)

Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer / Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Gboliwe: 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
Gospel singer, Patty Obasi, dies of kidney failure Tweet October 27, 2012 | 8:12 pm News By Tony Edike Renowned gospel singer, Patty Obasi, died on Friday after battling with a critical ailment for over one year. His two kidneys were said to have failed and was recommended for a transplant operation in India but could not embark on the operation owing to lack of fund. Obasi, whose popular album Nwa Mammy Water, shot him to limelight, died at his Enugu residence in the early hours of Friday after he reportedly slipped into unconsciousness. Obasi was down with kidney failure since last year and his doctor said he needed not less than N10 million to transplant his two failed kidneys in India. One of his sisters, who confirmed his demise on telephone, said Obasi gave up the ghost after the prolonged ailment without undergoing the recommended kidney transplant. She could not say if any assistance finally came the way of the popular gospel artiste who had cried out to members of the public, the government and political office holders for financial assistance to enable him undertake the kidney transplant. “Brother died at his house this morning and his body had been deposited in the mortuary. He could not go for the kidney transplant in India as recommended by his doctor at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Enugu,” she said. Obasi, who had many gospel albums to his credit, hailed from Mmaku in Agwu local government area of Enugu State.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Seun(m): 12:01am On Oct 28, 2012
This is unfortunate. About 5 months ago he was in need of a kidney transplant:

It seems many of your fans are not aware of your illness; when did it start?

For over a year now, I’ve been in a bad state of health. The problem is kidney problem; holistic kidney problem. I don’t know how it affects the body. But they said it affects the digestive organs or system. God has been helping me to survive; because according to the doctor, my two kidneys have failed, so what is keeping me alive must be God; prayer of the saints; that’s how I feel.

What exactly did the doctor say after the diagnosis?

He said all that I will require is kidney transplant. l haven’t raised enough money for a transplant and the doctor said it will be in India.

Did he give you an idea of the possible cost?

He said it will cost up to N10 million. So I am looking for people who will help me weather the storm.
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10185:i-need-n10m-for-kidney-transplant-gospel-singer-patty-obasi-appeals&catid=13:the-arts&Itemid=136
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Lusaint(m): 12:08am On Oct 28, 2012
May ha soul rest in peace amen

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2012
R.I.P

May GOD have mercy on us that are living, we are in trying times I must say
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Cutecharlz(m): 12:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Dis is really a sad news. We've lost one of d gracious gospel singers in Nigeria. I so much luv ur songs and i will always remember u tru d messages of ur song. Rest in Peace Patty Obasi

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by cuteonyii(m): 12:17am On Oct 28, 2012
OMG!! ....how r the mighty falling...?
R..I..P..OBASI..
i will miss u a lot...

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by LeJeun3: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2012
Seun: This is unfortunate. About 5 months ago she was in need of a kidney transplant:

http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10185:i-need-n10m-for-kidney-transplant-gospel-singer-patty-obasi-appeals&catid=13:the-arts&Itemid=136
Lusaint: May ha soul rest in peace amen

He is a Man, (Pati Obasi)!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2012
RIP.....
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Rooneyboy(m): 12:23am On Oct 28, 2012
pls point of correction , patty Obasi is not a she; I know him too well ,right from his root and as well have a good number of his tapes.

Yes he's been down with kidney failure since last year , I even thought he had gotten the required amount for treatment all along.

So SAD.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Rooneyboy(m): 12:26am On Oct 28, 2012
Seun: This is unfortunate. About 5 months ago she was in need of a kidney transplant:

Point of correction pls.

A "HE" and not she .
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by White007(m): 12:43am On Oct 28, 2012
May his soul rest in perfect peace. cry cry

It's so sad that he couldn't get the required amount needed to treat his ailment. I'm surprise that no one could come to his aid. ( politicians, churches, NGO's ).

See how the poor is neglected in this country. If it's our politicians that are sick, even for common headache, they will fly to Germany for treatment with tax payers money. Smh for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by MissCorrection: 12:59am On Oct 28, 2012
Lusaint: May ha soul rest in peace amen

Her
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by mike404(m): 1:02am On Oct 28, 2012
Nwanne mu na ya na achu mmuo si na mu yiri muo. REST IN THE BOSSOM OF THE LORD REV PATRICK OBASI sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by CrazyMan(m): 1:03am On Oct 28, 2012
RIP cry
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by rusher14: 1:11am On Oct 28, 2012
I don't understand. Besides his fans wasn't he attached to any of the big churches? Or is the money only for private jets?
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by MissCorrection: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2012
rusher14: I dint understand. Besides his fans wasn't he attached to any of the bug churches? Or is the money only for private jets?

Don't
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2012
He lived, and we can gladly say that "he was here" because he left a mark that no one can fill. RIP Evangelist Patty Obasi.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by rusher14: 1:15am On Oct 28, 2012
MissCorrection:

Don't
on an iPhone you might find your fingers too big for the keys.
I think you were too quick to point out the error. I think you missed bug.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by UyiIredia(m): 1:16am On Oct 28, 2012
He should probably have tries some of the rich MOG's like Oyedepo & co.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by rusher14: 1:18am On Oct 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: He should probably have tries some of the rich MOG's like Oyedepo & co.
Careful. MissCorrection's on the prowl.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by HighChief4(m): 1:25am On Oct 28, 2012
This is so sad. And we have so many churches on every street of Nigeria and people paying up tithes.

May his soul RIP
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by free2ryhme: 1:32am On Oct 28, 2012
Gboliwe: Gospel singer, Patty Obasi, dies of kidney failure Tweet October 27, 2012 | 8:12 pm News By Tony Edike Renowned gospel singer, Patty Obasi, died on Friday after battling with a critical ailment for over one year. His two kidneys were said to have failed and was recommended for a transplant operation in India but could not embark on the operation owing to lack of fund. Obasi, whose popular album Nwa Mammy Water, shot him to limelight, died at his Enugu residence in the early hours of Friday after he reportedly slipped into unconsciousness. Obasi was down with kidney failure since last year and his doctor said he needed not less than N10 million to transplant his two failed kidneys in India. One of his sisters, who confirmed his demise on telephone, said Obasi gave up the ghost after the prolonged ailment without undergoing the recommended kidney transplant. She could not say if any assistance finally came the way of the popular gospel artiste who had cried out to members of the public, the government and political office holders for financial assistance to enable him undertake the kidney transplant. “Brother died at his house this morning and his body had been deposited in the mortuary. He could not go for the kidney transplant in India as recommended by his doctor at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Enugu,” she said. Obasi, who had many gospel albums to his credit, hailed from Mmaku in Agwu local government area of Enugu State.

RIP broda but cant a family member donate a kidney ..
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by kenbee(f): 1:42am On Oct 28, 2012
May Our good Lord give his family the heart to bear this irreplaceble loss & May his Soul Rest in the Bossom of Our Lord; Amen!
*** Good night PATTY OBASI, Jee nke Oma ***

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 28, 2012
Rest in peace

Folks check out my signature;
You don't wanna miss out
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by mike404(m): 1:57am On Oct 28, 2012
I wanna download his songs... Any link
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Mpetempe(m): 2:06am On Oct 28, 2012
Inspirational singer Patty Obassi from agwu in Enugu state, go and rest in peace. U left a legacy.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Mpetempe(m): 2:08am On Oct 28, 2012
mike404: I wanna download his songs... Any link
Goggle can help.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Hardfact: 2:43am On Oct 28, 2012
Poor Paty, veteran gospel musician, we'll miss all you. Too bad it went the usual way that such rare people with such uncommon impact on many lives die like a nobody. We love you!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by bros856: 2:49am On Oct 28, 2012
PATTY OBASI, REST IN PEACE. TEARS RUN DOWN MY CHIC AS I HEAR ABOUT HIS DEAD. NO RICH PASTOR COULD HELP SAVE HIS LIFE. CHURCH PASTORS IN NIGERIA ARE BUYING BRAND NEW PRIVATE JETS EVERY YEARS WITH MEMBERS TITHES AND OFFERING. NO CHURCH COULD ORGANISE CRUSADE TO RAISE FUNDS AND HELP PATTY, EVEN POLITICIANS. I WISH WE HAD CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA. A LOT OF CHURCH MEMBERS, NO CHRISTIAN IN NIGERIA. RIP BROS.

5 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by egoldman(m): 3:35am On Oct 28, 2012
This man of GOD dies like this , meanwhile we have other men of GOD in Nigeria living the the private jet lives , is this the kind of ministry JESUS had while on earth ?
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ACM10: 3:37am On Oct 28, 2012
He was a perfect gentleman!
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Hardfact: 3:43am On Oct 28, 2012
Patty didnt die of kidney failure! Truth is poor Patty Obasi died of Charity Failure! You can imagine that with all his popularity neither the wealthy churches nor the govt (even of his own state) seemed have done anything to save him! I'm sure there's hardly any Sunday that some of his songs arent used in churches (esp Igbos). Now that he's dead all such hands will want to be on deck.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dunamis: Miracle Claim Causes Controversy / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Lovemaking After Traditional Wedding Only: Is This Fornication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.