Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Does Your Car Turn Heads? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Your Car Turn Heads? (15935 Views)

Hw Long Does Your Car Tires Retain Its Air Pressure On Average / What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2012
Nah, seems everyone else owns a camry around me because people rarely give me that "Wow, Look".

Perhaps I need to adorn it with 2010 head and tail lights. undecided
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

My local washman..

I bought the wax and they use this polishing/waxing machine to go around my car..

Costs 3000 Naira.. Complete with washing it In, out and underneath, engine, waxing & Polishing, interior vacuming, polishing my dash and cleaning the trunk..
Bros your nor get joy oh! lol
Abeg which local washman you dey use?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Bros your nor get joy oh! lol
Abeg which local washman you dey use?

Bros I dey hail o!!

Na for area o!! One washman for Stadium road for PH..
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Trickstartrixy: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2012
Anvaller:

u forgot to tell him that it is not very easy though. He must be ready to shed some sweat while doing the polishing and if its a big car, that means more area to polish and more sweat. If he's not used to working out, advisably, don't think u would wax ur car and cruise it out immediately after, u might end up so tired to do so. Although its not a big deal if u are used to physical stuffs then u should be able to handle it.
True dat
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by sholarb(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Let's see pics of these una rides naa (no b by mouth only oo) so we can visualize and further appreciate what you talking about.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
sholarb: Let's see pics of these una rides naa (no b by mouth only oo) so we can visualize and further appreciate what you talking about.

Okay bud, I'll take that step here...
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Abali1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
ghettodreamz:

The picture you painted above with your comment makes it sound like one of my friends, maybe it's just a coincidence, anyway..... undecided undecided undecided Toyota Avalon looks great though.

Yeah, maybe coincidence.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by rodeo0070(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
I bet this will make heads turn for all the right wrong reasons...LOL.

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2012

And the important part - the 4,2 V8 2 x DOHC 32V engine, that I replaced the standard 2,6 V6 2 x SOHC 12V with:

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
My car z a corolla, 2005 model so it shouldn't turn heads ordinarily. But it does cos I'm quite young and I work in a village at the moment.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
yes it was in 2 occasion.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by sholarb(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^Siena..9c ride. The thrill from a V8 engine is always wao! I rem the thrill i got driving my uncle's V8 Toyota Sequoia. What is the fuel consumption like? cos that Sequoia consume fuel alot ooo.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
sholarb: ^^Siena..9c ride. The thrill from a V8 engine is always wao! I rem the thrill i got driving my uncle's V8 Toyota Sequoia. What is the fuel consumption like? cos that Sequoia consume fuel alot ooo.

Thanks bud.

Fuel consumption has never been one of my considerations, with regards to engine size. I enjoy the low-down power and torque, that only a large capacity, naturally-aspirated engine can provide, and appreciate the fact a lot of heat goes into producing that power...and a lot of fuel needs to be burnt, to produce that heat.

So no, I don't begrudge a powerful engine it's fuel consumption. smiley
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by pafestula(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Classicalman: My Volkswagen Beetle 81 model turns heads too.
Why wont it turns head? As per VINTAGE level now!
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Dygeasy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
My car turns YANSH..... Ladies tend to shake/turn their YANSHES anytime I drive by....lolz

but seriously my Peach Honda Element turns heads for real...maybe because of the colour and the spinner wheels...
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siena:

Oh dear...you're going to ruin that car. sad

I wonder what a BMW looks like in taxi color....
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by stagger: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
ifee-gee:
I begi! You guys can turn one fun thread to some philosophical nonsense.Who ask u if took a train to wherever?If u don't have a car,move away jor and stop whining.

You are an idiot. Girls like you beg me for money everyday here in Abj. If you have nothing else in that your head except that stupid thing between your legs wey dey like congo meat, go and hang yourself!
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by wewe1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
My Honda Civic Hatchback is not a Head Turner but last month B4 I changed the Shaft, it was ...... something else. At every little turn, it goes ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka........... On several ocassion people at my junction took to their heels...... lol.. It was embarassing.... lol

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have placed my car on the change list before december 2012. It used to turn heads for good but now it doesnt so it has to give way for an updated version of itself. I mean Camry.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
annoymous: My car z a corolla, 2005 model so it shouldn't turn heads ordinarily. But it does cos I'm quite young and I work in a village at the moment.

Top on my ''car to get list'' is; am aiming at owning a factory fresh 2012 corolla. I jussst love the looks of that ride. I want it purely for business and reliability.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by stagger: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros I dey hail o!!

Na for area o!! One washman for Stadium road for PH..

Dem dey sell am for that mechanic village there so I can buy it as I am going to be in PH this week.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Pamperme: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nah, coz almost everyone drives that Accord in this Lagos... i think i need to step up o, seriously! embarassed embarassed
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by spartanian(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
we we: My Honda Civic Hatchback is not a Head Turner but last month B4 I changed the Shaft, it was ...... something else. At every little turn, it goes ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka........... On several ocassion people at my junction took to their heels...... lol.. It was embarassing.... lol

LOL....very funny
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Wiseoldman: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
My bugati veyron doesn't turn heads, it breaks necks....
The only disadvantage is that I have to pay a lot of hospital bill for those sorry fellas I broke their necks...

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wow....Wow......Wow......Allahu Akbar....

I remember back in University days 2002-2005, I was driving a Lexus ES300 96 model and it was the talk of the whole town...*Ogbomoso*....not just the campus. Got the best ride on campus awards twice......got me some overly expensive babes for free too......it also got me an extra year.........*sad*.....cos I was almost in every club party and Lecturers just hated me for obvious reasons....*where this small boy for get this BIG ride*. Now I look back and see the car in my Papa garage now and I laugh.......My old man still cherish his Toy......as for me.....I only drive it to help him do repairs....its so out of date now....but hey....a LEXUS will still be a LEXUS......any day, any time!!!!!
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ifeegee(f): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
stagger:

You are an idiot. Girls like you beg me for money everyday here in Abj. If you have nothing else in that your head except that stupid thing between your legs wey dey like congo meat, go and hang yourself!
Help!can somebody pls put this guy on a leash?He's just been cut loose.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
Royal Roy: Wow....Wow......Wow......Allahu Akbar....

I remember back in University days 2002-2005, I was driving a Lexus ES300 96 model and it was the talk of the whole town...*Ogbomoso*....not just the campus. Got the best ride on campus awards twice......got me some overly expensive babes for free too......it also got me an extra year.........*sad*.....cos I was almost in every club party and Lecturers just hated me for obvious reasons....*where this small boy for get this BIG ride*. Now I look back and see the car in my Papa garage now and I laugh.......My old man still cherish his Toy......as for me.....I only drive it to help him do repairs....its so out of date now....but hey....a LEXUS will still be a LEXUS......any day, any time!!!!!

How far brov... Ladokite, huh? Which of the clubs u belong during ya days @ Ogbomoso?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Jarus(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
Sometimes, who is driving and where it's been driven also determine it's 'head-turning' ability.

Drives a 2005 Toyota 4runner SUV. Hardly turns head in my regular places(Ajah and VI),except on few occasions when my stature betrays the car and couple of watchers look 2nd time to check whether na this pako-looking slim guy get d vehicle.

It however turns more heads when my hijab-wearing wife drives it.

And turns most heads when I am in my hometown. cheesy

That's my observation.

In any case, I like good cars.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
ifee-gee:
Help!can somebody pls put this guy on a leash?He's just been cut loose.

Abeg, leave d guy mata na.. Every man is entitle to his own opinion na, make una no too take am personal, abeg undecided undecided
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Jarus: Sometimes, who is driving and where it's been driven also determine it's 'head-turning' ability.

Drives a 2005 Toyota 4runner SUV. Hardly turns head in my regular places(Ajah and VI),except on few occasions when my stature betrays the car and couple of watchers look 2nd time to check whether na this pako-looking slim guy get d vehicle.

It however turns more heads when my hijab-wearing wife drives it.

And turns most heads when I am in my hometown. cheesy

That's my observation.

In any case, I like good cars.

na so - my 2003 honda pilot is almost pure water in lagos - but drive it to ilorin and u go dey floss like big boy
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
oyb:

na so - my 2003 honda pilot is almost pure water in lagos - but drive it to ilorin and u go dey floss like big boy

Hhahahahahaa.. I no chop dis one oooooo. For which area for Ilorin? See, as you de use Ilorin people pa? For which area oga mi sir? Which kind ride you want wey no de Ilorin? Leave story, lol grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Stay Awake When Driving / Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx / Innoson Plans To Establish New Plant In Owerri, Produce 60,000 Units Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.