Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor (5960 Views)

APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin / Osun & Oyo Appoint Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by RoyalRoy(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem:

Of course it is ceremonal BUT WHY TINUBU. It seems you do no get my point. What is the lust with tinubu and POWER ?

What good gesture has tinubu done to get such honour is my question

So what has Dan Inwuayanwu ( National Chairman of Labor Party) done or achieved to be made Chancellor for AAU?
Abeg leave story!
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by muredo(m): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2012
Why are we fighting ourselves over issues that doesnt even concerns us,what if tinubu decamp to PDP b4 2015?they have make their money,dont be surprise if tinubu become minister in PDP cabinet and pouring champee with Goodluck,tinubu just smart ni,and that is how God created him
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Oseniade(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Stale news
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Demdem(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem: shocked So it what honorary gesture has Tinubu done to be given such prestige ?

IT IS FOR POWER AND FINANCIAL GAIN NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

Even if its pursuing the killer party out of the southwest, its simply more than enough IMO. Good development and besides this isnt any news.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Angel778(f): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem: lol emperor tinubu take am easy o ! I just hope PDP would win in Lagos state 2015
in your dream
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dridowu: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2012
What a stale news.........................how many times will it make FRONTPAGE....................hisssssss
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2012
dridowu: What a stale news.........................how many times will it make FRONTPAGE....................hisssssss
I tire o! This should be the second time am seeing it on FP! Who gives a fucck anyway?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by solomon111(m): 8:11am On Oct 29, 2012
And why do i care?
Slaves that love their chains,will remain in bondage.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by sammy329(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2012
OLD AND STALE NEWS
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by mayowaeh: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2012
It is a good development anyway, Lautech should expect Toll gate inside their campuses over any newly constructed road and they should also expect Hitech as a Major contractor and so on ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem: shocked shocked Do you not see the in CORRUPTION FOUND IN OGA TINUBU ?

Oga Tinubu is not in power in Lagos, yet you are praying for PDP to win Lagos because of Tinubu. You are essentially campaigning for the PDP, a party that houses the biggest crooks in the history of the country(IBB, OBJ, Abdusalam, Atiku, Anenih, OGD, Peter Odili, Ibori, Uba, Bode george etc)to replace ACN because of one man(Tinubu). Some of these guys have even ruled Nigeria with track record of unimaginable corruption cases.

How logical is that? You are being mischievious here. Come out from the closet.

alj harem: lol emperor tinubu take am easy o ! I just hope PDP would win in Lagos state 2015

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Gbawe: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Oga Tinubu is not in power in Lagos, yet you are praying for PDP to win Lagos because of Tinubu. You are essentially campaigning for the PDP, a party that houses the biggest crooks in the history of the country(IBB, OBJ, Abdusalam, Atiku, Anenih, OGD, Peter Odili, Ibori, Uba, Bode george etc)to replace ACN because of one man(Tinubu). Some of these guys have even ruled Nigeria with track record of unimaginable corruption cases.

How logical is that? You are being mischievious here. Come out from the closet.

His obsession with Tinubu is very disappointing because it is the type that destroys objectivity entirely. Due to the hatred of one man, Lagos should go into the hands of the PDP? Lagos PDP chapter is nothing but pure evil.

Also, there are so many infrastructural initiatives coming on board in the next few years that will make Lagos a vastly improved State. Should all that be put at risk because of the unthinking hatred of Tinubu? I can only ascribe it to how we Nigerians, in culture, are indoctrinated to worship/fear/deify single individuals and entities unreasonably.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Demdem(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

His obsession with Tinubu is very disappointing because it is the type that destroys objectivity entirely. Due to the hatred of one man, Lagos should go into the hands of the PDP? Lagos PDP chapter is nothing but pure evil.

Also, there are so many infrastructural initiatives coming on board in the next few years that will make Lagos a vastly improved State. Should all that be put at risk because of the unthinking hatred of Tinubu? I can only ascribe it to how we Nigerians, in culture, are indoctrinated to worship/fear/deify single individuals and entities unreasonably.

It obviously makes no sense no doubt.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

I think Alj and that snake ndu_chucks have more sinister motive.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by hamwasy(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2012
Dat's great
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by iwanchop(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2012
even if ACN wil lose Lagos ,is PDP d best option?Definitely NO
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by iwanchop(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
No word can describe how irritated I feel with this news.
Irritated?Who would u have preffered?Bode George or Alamie or Ibori ?Tell me d reason why Tinubu is not qualified for d position.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
The Master Forger himself. nawa ooo
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by ghettodreamz(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Old News undecided undecided undecided
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by GARRIx7(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Sending the "Nest of Killers" away from the SW is no mean feat at all. Besides, I appreciate the crop of leaders ACN as a party presents.

Hate him or love him, TINUBU is a giant as far as Nigerian politics is concerned.

For those f00ls crying that he's corrupt, you're just in other words telling the world that the PDP-led federal govt lacks the will and desire to fight corruption.

Tinubu carry go joor!! Haters can go and boil stones..... grin grin
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by edogirl2: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2012
At the end of the day, Tinubu's achievement in orchestrating the chasing away of Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Igbinedion and their likes, and standing up single handedly to wrestle the South-west from mighty PDP (with their massive federal slush funds) makes him the greatest political achiever in Yoruba land since Awolowo.

I get cold sweat when I think of Lagos in the hands of another PDP Akala or Mr Daniel.

That said, I believe the sheer might, persistence, and overwhelming financial advantage of the PDP, combined with the almost passive, easily-manipulated disposition of some Yorubas, particularly some of the nairaland types (who easily fall for all kinds of PDP and nairaland propaganda) will bring him down eventually. You can only fight alone for so long.

It is arguable that a Yorubaland without a strong, almost indefatigable political leader like Tinubu, will stumble into irrelevance very quickly. A bunch of seventy something year olds in Afenifere issuing press releases from their retirement abodes in Ondo state will be easy breakfast for the PDP juggernaut. In today's Nigeria, to be heard, you have to shout loud and if necessary fight and better still, fight dirty. Yorubas are generally not known to be as strong headed as the other groups (sorry I dislike that word 'tribe') and I fear, in the Nigerian context, they will fall by the way side quickly without strong leadership.

Mr Tinubu is an imperfect, yet, unique man for these times. But he needs to change some of his overbearing leadership ways fast, and democratise (to a good extent) the internal workings of the party. To ignore all the warning signs and plod along arrogantly will be a big mistake.

When he finally falls (as he eventually will), PDP will be the biggest winner, and I imagine they will hoist their flags up high in celebration and in anticipation of a new colonisation of Yorubaland. Then, important decisions about development in Yorubaland will be taken not in Abeokuta, Lagos or Oshogbo, but by men from other parts of the country who are foreign to this great land and culture, and who will promote and protect their own ethnic agenda before yours. Then, you are on your own - weak, mocked, and left feeling inconsolable.

Rather than succumbing to the temptation of joining the mob in lynching Mr Tinubu, what the Southwest should do is to find a way to rally round and build on the ACN value proposition - which I believe serves your collective interest better than anything the PDP offers. This will require remodelling the party into a genuine people's party, with a new leadership structure, in which young dynamic minds are brought into the leadership, and Mr Tinubu becomes a less visible, almost ceremonial leader. He is a proven political warrior, so it will be necessary for him to continue in a leadership position, but no longer a super dominant one. When all is said and done, the overwhelming majority of the politicians in this country are of shady character, and it requires a certain type to prosper amongst them. That is one of the reasons I am not convinced that someone like Fashola can successfully lead a big party like the ACN.

Mr Tinubu plays dirty, but the PDP plays even dirtier. The South west needed him and he delivered.

When Yoruba's political history is told in years to come, his legendary defeat of the mighty PDP in the South west will register as one of the greatest political achievements of any Yoruba man.

The Chancellorship of a University is the least he deserves, though if I were in his position, I would have declined the gesture. It just smirks of unnecessary partisanship. This is another example where he does something that makes you wonder if he has good advisers around him.

Mr Tinubu is a flawed man, I know. But he remains my super hero for banishing PDP from this great land of hope and glory.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Gbawe: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Sending the "Nest of Killers" away from the SW is no mean feat at all. Besides, I appreciate the crop of leaders ACN as a party presents.

Hate him or love him, TINUBU is a giant as far as Nigerian politics is concerned.

For those f00ls crying that he's corrupt, you're just in other words telling the world that the PDP-led federal govt lacks the will and desire to fight corruption.

Tinubu carry go joor!! Haters can go and boil stones..... grin grin

My brother, the truth is that a lot of Nigerians are hateful in disposition. Is Tinubu the biggest of our problems currently? How many politicians, far more deleterious because they are currently active, are under the spotlight as Tinubu is? This speaks volumes about how pathetically unsophisticated Nigerians are politically. I.e obsess about those with no official power to make change while we ignore the antics of those who are currently misruling our Nation with the powerful office they occupy.

There is an element of ethnic hatred to the whole Tinubu obsession as well with how the most vociferous and hypocritical critics of Tinubu, as we discern from this forum, are people not from the SW and motivated by nothing other than ethnic bigotry. They see the speck in the eyes of others and ignore the boulder in their own. There is no region without Tinubu-like leaders. The difference is that non are a force for good as Tinubu is. How many talented leaders, proven beyond doubt by their history and CV, are the OBJs, Odilis, Orji Kalus, IBB's, Anenih, Atikus, Ciromas et al supporting? Yet it is "Tinubu" on the lips of these hypocritical charlatans.

Has OBJ, Anenih, IBB, Atiku, Odili and other PDP 'monsters' ever faced a day in Court like Tinubu has? Tinubu will always be pragmatically accepted by balanced Yorubas as a product of the 'system' who still manages to do good for his people while others (like OBJ, Odili, Anenih, IBB, et al) are malevolent totally.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Aphrygian(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Seun and is stupid mods are definitely mad.is nairaland a good site?Always doing everything to generate traffic .This is a question i do ask my self.this is a very old news.am a ladokite and we luv it like that,let me tell u fools ranting here some things u need to learn about the school.(1)the school was d best state university in nigeria before oyinlola and akala started there wahala.(2)we no longer live on the fear of increment of school fees as it use to be when those PDP THIEVES were there.we luv tinubu and u guys should pls learn about something before commenting

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by tayoTFC(m): 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
Some people can kill there Parent and entire generation in the family cos of there hatered for Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.
For ur information the Man remain Only Leader that have not be convicted for any criminal , fraud and finacial crime in Nigeria and the world at large. He remain the only opposition to PDP failled Goverment.
Imagine if there is no opposition to PDP in nigeria the whole nation we remain in darkeness and backward cos PDP Lead Goverment is nothing to write home about for the past 8yr in Nigeria.
Long life ACN
Long life Asiwaju
Long Life Nigeria
oba otudeko my uncle was a formal chancellor O.O.U.( OGUN STATE UNIVERSITY) yet i was admitted to OSU then on merit and the man has no political experience but a powerful enterprenuer ,finacial analyst and business Tycon and a milionaire and a public investor.....i think he was given the post cos of his business and economic influence in the society which has contribute to the development of the institution by bringing investor and donor to the school.
Let leave sentiment apart Tinubu deserver and a better chioce for the school...
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by ikeyman00(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
@@@@@@@@@

slowly and steadily the Thivinubu is running riot?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by PointB: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
All Hail Emperor Tinubu!
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by stupor(m): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
VERY GOOD !

I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED ANYTHING BOLA TINUBU AND FASHOLA
LAY HANDS UPON,WILL ALWAYS TURN GOLD.

ACCEPT MY LOFTY CONGRATULATIONS UNCLE.

CHEERS.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Edo.girl,

May you live long
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Gbawe: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: Edo.girl,

May you live long

Very sound lady. Not afraid to stand up for what she believes in and not interested in 'running with the hounds' making NL ugly.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Kaydem(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2012
Pretty Prisca: That news is a stale news in my school.I'm sooo sad cos very soon we'll be paying close 2 half a million too like LASU. Otunba Tinubu!
Na true talk oooo....
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
Edo.lady sure gets the big picture. Thumbs up.

Da bi mo se da lo n worry awon others.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by ola6: 1:20am On Sep 13, 2014
On what merit?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inverter Dealer In Lagos, Nigeria Gives Inverter Plus Battery For Only N55,000 / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / Your Naira Policy Never Worked Wherever It Has Been Tried-sanusi Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.