Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor (5962 Views)

APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin / Osun & Oyo Appoint Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 29, 2012
The governments of Oyo and Osun States have appointed former Lagos State governor and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as Chancellor of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho.

This was contained in a statement issued in Ibadan onTuesday by Dr. Festus Adedayo, the Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Media.

LAUTECH, a university jointly owned by the two state Governments, was established by the old Oyo State in 1988.

According to the statement, the choice of Tinubu, a financial expert, accountant and administrator, was arrived at after extensive deliberations between the governments of the two owner-states.

The former Lagos State Governor is expected to bring his administrative ingenuity and vast experience in public management to bear on the running of the institution and reposition it to meet the standard of its peers all over the world.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/oyo-osun-appoint-tinubu-lautech-chancellor/
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 29, 2012
No word can describe how irritated I feel with this news.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 4:31am On Oct 29, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

What is irritating in this piece of news?

This is dead news BTW.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 29, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

So i'm not the only one feeling so sad about this news.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dayokanu(m): 4:58am On Oct 29, 2012
In recognition of Asiwaju Tinubu

Kudos to the ACN govt
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Ikengawo: 5:18am On Oct 29, 2012
woooowwww....
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 29, 2012
ACN should watch it. I won't say more than that.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by cnwamo(m): 5:23am On Oct 29, 2012
What a sad development, why Tinubu?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by justi4jesu(f): 5:24am On Oct 29, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
So?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by PrettyPrisca(f): 5:25am On Oct 29, 2012
That news is a stale news in my school.I'm sooo sad cos very soon we'll be paying close 2 half a million too like LASU. Otunba Tinubu!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Ikengawo: 5:26am On Oct 29, 2012
So this guy has really taken his mission to sap yoruba land dry to heart?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2012
lol emperor tinubu take am easy o ! I just hope PDP would win in Lagos state 2015

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Oh I thought I was the only one angry
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by temizt: 5:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Stale!
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Maxymilliano(m): 5:32am On Oct 29, 2012
The two governments actually recognized Tinubu's inclination and insatiable craze for material wealth, they just have to give the d.e.v.i.l his dues...

Stale news by the way.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dayokanu(m): 5:39am On Oct 29, 2012
Only a fool would think there is any material gain to being Chancellor of a University.

Its more of a honorary position

Chancellors are usually Traditional rulers or Politicians

8 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 5:41am On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: Only a fool would think there is any material gain to being Chancellor of a University.

shocked So it what honorary gesture has Tinubu done to be given such prestige ?

IT IS FOR POWER AND FINANCIAL GAIN NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by sheyguy: 5:45am On Oct 29, 2012
No biggie! Atleast if you ask me. The position of Chancellor has always been a ceremonial one or more appropriately honorary all through Nigerian history.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 29, 2012
Nothing special about being a chancellor, its just a figure-head thing.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dareyking(m): 5:49am On Oct 29, 2012
Pricing garri *yawns* drinkz water nd goez bk home coz da price 2 much
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by kawkab: 5:49am On Oct 29, 2012
Though the position of Chancellor of a University is ceremonial, he has admission quota, benefits in contracts and other pecks.

This news is old news, it was in the papers some months or weeks ago.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem: lol emperor tinubu take am easy o ! I just hope PDP would win in Lagos state 2015

May God not answer your prayer. Amin.

alj harem: shocked So it what honorary gesture has Tinubu done to be given such prestige ?

What about the fact that peace has returned to the school since ACN took over Osun and Oyo? Were you not aware of fights that turned personal between Akala and Oyinlola because of the school?

7 Likes

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by RoyalRoy(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem: shocked So it what honorary gesture has Tinubu done to be given such prestige ?

Some of you just speak out of extreme ignorance. A Chancellor of a University in Nigeria has NO business in the running of a school. He is on the other hand supposed to try and find credible Investors who can bail out the school in terms of infrastructure and equipment.
Its like appointing a GOODWILL ambassador for the school.
A very stale news by the way......don't understand why a 4 month old news will be making the front page!
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2012

Tinubu is the biggest and most influential politician in the SouthWest

And what is the financial gain does a Chancellor get from a University

WHile I was in University The Etsu Nupe Omar Sanda Ndayako was our Chancellor and does not have any benefit except attending the yearly convocation ceremony

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Akanbiedu(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2012
I am beginning to think there is more to ALJ's anti-Tinubu stance than meets the eye.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by patimore: 6:05am On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: Only a fool would think there is any material gain to being Chancellor of a University.

Isnt Dan Inwuanyawu, the Chairman of LP, the Pro Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University in Ondo State? there is no fuss about being a Pro chancellor cos he has nothing much to do.
most university students in Nigeria are sometimes unaware of who their pro chancellor is. It is an inconsequential position
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by dayokanu(m): 6:09am On Oct 29, 2012
patimore: Isnt Dan Inwuanyawu, the Chairman of LP, the Pro Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University in Ondo State? there is no fuss about being a Pro chancellor cos he has nothing much to do.
most university students in Nigeria are sometimes unaware of who their pro chancellor is. It is an inconsequential position

Thank you oo

Why isnt anyone complaining of the Labour Party Chairman being the Chancellor of Ajasin Univeristy in AKungba

WHy is it that Tinbu is the one being attacked
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aare07(m): 6:23am On Oct 29, 2012
what a dead news.
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 6:26am On Oct 29, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

May God not answer your prayer. Amin.

What about the fact that peace has returned to the school since ACN took over Osun and Oyo? Were you not aware of fights that turned personal between Akala and Oyinlola because of the school?

ACN arrived NOT TINUBU. So you mean Tinubu is the mature one that settled the fight between Akala and Oyinlola ?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 6:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Royal Roy:

Some of you just speak out of extreme ignorance. A Chancellor of a University in Nigeria has NO business in the running of a school. He is on the other hand supposed to try and find credible Investors who can bail out the school in terms of infrastructure and equipment.
Its like appointing a GOODWILL ambassador for the school.
A very stale news by the way......don't understand why a 4 month old news will be making the front page!

Of course it is ceremonal BUT WHY TINUBU. It seems you do no get my point. What is the lust with tinubu and POWER ?

What good gesture has tinubu done to get such honour is my question
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by aljharem(m): 6:30am On Oct 29, 2012
Akanbi_edu: I am beginning to think there is more to ALJ's anti-Tinubu stance than meets the eye.
shocked shocked Do you not see the in CORRUPTION FOUND IN OGA TINUBU ?
Re: Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Tinubu is the biggest and most influential politician in the SouthWest

And what is the financial gain does a Chancellor get from a University

WHile I was in University The Etsu Nupe Omar Sanda Ndayako was our Chancellor and does not have any benefit except attending the yearly convocation ceremony

If It's OAU, tht man has been the chancellor for ages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruga: Biafra Threatens To Storm The North With Deadly Weapons / Photos Of Osinbajo And Obasanjo At The Funeral Of Robert Mugabe Emerges / Revealed: Here's The Reason Behind Omoyele Sowore's Sudden Release (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.