Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem (6316 Views)

Programmer With Proficiency In PHP & Html 5 Needed In Abuja / How Much Does A Programmer With My Skills Earn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
ihebrooke:

You chose the part of the post that suits you. Did you not see the part that states that centres for such charging of batteries exist.

I can see that no other reason/advice makes sense to you apart from your 'inverter'

How did you know the centers are available in his area? You expected him to incur more expenses from transporting down to charging centers and pay for charging as well. Maybe after doing that for three months he would have know how frustrating it is. Please, prescribe something reasonable not this very unwelcoming idea.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Gabrielsylar(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
dammytosh:

That is totally not true. I am a programmer and all what you type is not a factor in being a good programmer. It has nothing to do with it.

If I may ask,what type of debugging crashes laptop ? undecided
hahahaha I was just being sarcastik dawg lol
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by dammytosh: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: hahahaha I was just being sarcastik dawg lol

My dear you don't toil with people's destiny.He might take it serious and end his dream right here.

When I was in school, some old students came around and i stood up in the crowd to ask the prospect of programming. The guy replied that programmers are not really needed any where that ALL applications are bought abroad that they just need people to support it. (This guy came with a 'bad' car and i assumed he was a demi god [student mentality now] my car is badder now sha grin )

Naively , I cried for days until i just made up my mind that whether they want programmer or not, it is too late to turn back. I knew it was a lie during my IT because i was on 2 company's pay roll and well paid. Every other thing is history.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by omotayokay: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: How did you know the centers are available in his area? You expected him to incur more expenses from transporting down to charging centers and pay for charging as well. Maybe after doing that for three months he would have know how frustrating it is. Please, prescribe something reasonable not this very unwelcoming idea.

is he living in a farm that there wont be chargin centres around?
Hw much is #50 daily that he wont be able to afford daily....to charge a battery that lasts 10hrs at that.
I prefer the INEC battery to any other alternatives
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Wiseoldman: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
dammytosh:

That is totally not true. I am a programmer and all what you type is not a factor in being a good programmer. It has nothing to do with it.

If I may ask,what type of debugging crashes laptop ? undecided

Try debugging a backdoor tro_jan...lol
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by senator2k9(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
call me on 08070871772 to install a good SINEWAVE INVERTER in ur house it can last 3 days wen fully charged
codebrew85: Good day all, I just started learning programming and PHCN is not helping at all with their epileptic power supply in my area. My laptop's battery doesn't last more than 3hrs. The lack of steady power supply is really pushing me to the edge but I don't want to get discouraged. Please can you suggest an alternative power supply that I can use and I don't mean gen set. There's this device that INEC officials used during the election- a rechargeable battery that lasts upto 6hrs. Does anyone know where I can get to buy it? Thanks all, as I await your response. Mod, please front page.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by senator2k9(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
call me on 08070871772 to install a good SINEWAVE INVERTER in ur house it can last 3 days wen fully charged[
codebrew85: Please, do I need to scream to get a response?
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
omotayokay:

is he living in a farm that there wont be chargin centres around?
Hw much is #50 daily that he wont be able to afford daily....to charge a battery that lasts 10hrs at that.
I prefer the INEC battery to any other alternatives
I don't think it worth the effort. After spending money to buy batteries he will again spend money to charge them, waste some time and energy to get there waiting for them to fully charge. You like stress man!

Why not take the easy way out by buying portable solar charger for laptops?!
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by dammytosh: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wise_old_man:

Try debugging a backdoor tro_jan...lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I see.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by adelegan1: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
you need to get a power bank and the inec battery is power bank. Im planning to get one soon so i can save money on fuel

1 Like

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by ihebrooke(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: How did you know the centers are available in his area? You expected him to incur more expenses from transporting down to charging centers and pay for charging as well. Maybe after doing that for three months he would have know how frustrating it is. Please, prescribe something reasonable not this very unwelcoming idea.

If you read his post well, he stated that there is epileptic power supply in his place. How do others that reside in the area charge their phones, laptops?
Do they transport themselves to places to do the charging?
Does the poster live in isolated areas? Doesn't he have neighbours, friends?
You dont have money to buy a generator set, you also want to achieve a set goal, will you be ashamed of making a simple request(Bros, abeg help me charge this battery)?

Mr , it is the poster's choice, not yours.
He should choose any of the advices that suits him.
Since yours is the most "reasonable" idea, he might as well go for it.

Mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by omotayokay: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: I don't think it worth the effort. After spending money to by batteries he will again spend money to charge them, waste some time and energy to get there waiting for them to fully charge. You like stress man!

Why not take the easy way out by buying portable solar charger for laptops?!
Dont you fuel ur generators after buying it....
lol, you and ur solar charger! Ok, how much is it and how does it work?
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
omotayokay:
Dont you fuel ur generators after buying it....
lol, you and ur solar charger! Ok, how much is it and how does it work?
Good and trusted product would cost $300 and with out other cost in the future. It's stress free and can as well be used for other gadgets in the home.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by zap2(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
bros, just forget about lappy, generators, and inec batteries and get urself a good 6-cell battery netbook. Netbooks come mostly in 10" LCD screen not more than 60k tear-nylon. It will serve u for up to 8hrs on battery alone. Power failure is a major issue in naija bot u can work around it. U can move to any location to charge ur netbook anytime because of its extra portability nature. i hope this advice helps.
just my 2cents
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Sealeddeal(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
ihebrooke: You can get the Inec batteries for 7500. That's what its being sold for in Imo state.

You can purchase like three of it. You should device a means of having at least one of them charged each day.
...please,how do i get the INEC battery? I need it.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by piouson(m): 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hahaha I once used TWO of those INEC batteries... sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! cheesy Those or anything close would be the best option for you, 3 days (or 1 week) no power or not!!! I had no need for Gen for the most part, but the erratic power supply often left me with the 3 batteries drained (lappy battery too), that's when I use the Gen.
Most of y'all commenting, Gen (betterPassMyNeighbour) cant charge those batteries well enough, might leave the battery broken, which it did mine You need to charge with *NEPA* or a real *big Gen... I still got 2 or 4 of those INEC batteries (broken) in my room in Lagos grin i have no use for them no more!!
Dunno how you're studying programming, but GET A BOOK (not eBook) if you haven't already, a BIG NOTE, and you're still having fun studying while you wait for power!!!! wink well... you can also have sex while you wait coollipsrsealedgrin
Goodluck kiddo-programmer, hurry up, catch up to- and surpass many of us lazy programmers cheesy
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
ihebrooke:

If you read his post well, he stated that there is epileptic power supply in his place. How do others that reside in the area charge their phones, laptops?
Do they transport themselves to places to do the charging?
Does the poster live in isolated areas? Doesn't he have neighbours, friends?
You dont have money to buy a generator set, you also want to achieve a set goal, will you be ashamed of making a simple request(Bros, abeg help me charge this battery)?

Mr , it is the poster's choice, not yours.
He should choose any of the advices that suits him.
Since yours is the most "reasonable" idea, he might as well go for it.

Mtchew.
Probably you didn't read the OP comment. He ruled out generator and asked for alternatives. Also asked for set of batteries used by INEC.

However, I don't know what you are on about with your comment, trying to find a way to make simple and reasonable idea look bad. Yes,at this point in time I am trying to prove a something. And, why most Nigeria always believe going the hard way is the right way is beyond me. There are reasonable points in what I said and I don't agree with incurring extra money for expensive and silly idea.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by ghettodreamz(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: Good and trusted product would cost $300 and with out other cost in the future. It's stress free and can as well be used for other gadgets in the home.

Na wa 4 you oooo. I was actually thinking the opinion you suggested wouldn't cost him much, but with what you just wrote then your opinion won't work for the OP. If he can't afford buying a generating set which he can get a good medium-sized one for as low as 23k and you are here suggesting him to buy something worth 300 bucks. Where do you expect him to come up with that? Abeg, help him with a realistic suggestion that would help solve his immediate problem at the same time, within his capital and financial budget/reach.

1 Like

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Na wa 4 you oooo. I was actually thinking the opinion you suggested wouldn't cost him much, but with what you just wrote then your opinion won't work for the OP. If he can't afford buying a generating set which he can get a good medium-sized one for as low as 23k and you are here suggesting him to buy something worth 300 bucks. Where do you expect him to come up with that? Abeg, help him with a realistic suggestion that would help solve his immediate problem at the same time, within his capital and financial budget/reach.
After converting Dollar to Naira, the 300 would be =N=47,085.00 for life(a trusted and good product). But generator cost =N= 23,ooo.oo and fueling it and repair might accumulation cost well above 5 times in a year to manage.

If he can afford to purchase an air and noise polluting gadget like small generator for 23k then he can strive to double the money for solar charger for better result. On the long run the portable solar charger for laptops would benefit him. Not only for laptops it can as well serve other purpose.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by vichofu(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: How is he going to be possible to charge them when there is no electricity for like three or more days?
Is dis OP dis daft to knw dat u will still be needing Electricity to charge up des inec chargers or inverters ? And u dnt wanna buy a generator set, U wanna be a good Programmer and u dnt knw hw to THINK ... Beta plug d ba3 to ur pants and and MESS on it
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by informatix: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
I am a programmer infact one of the Best in Nigeria. I learn how to program with a Laptop whose power doesnt Last for 1munite. I strongly DON'T agree power is a boundary in leraning programming.
A serious programmer should be able to know where to get 24hours light.cafe,bizcenter,govt. Office. I once travelled 150km to get a condusive environment to Start Apache tomcat version4 using java virtual machine.

I wrote programs in java,vb6,vb.net,sql.,php.asp,javascript.

I also wrote java server side programs in servlet.

A java program regarding ur comment.

import java.io.*;

class naija{
public Static void main(String args[]){
public String ans;
Bufferedreader input=new Bufferedreader(New Inputstreamreader(System.read());
System.out.print("I dont believe power shortage is a boundary to learning how to program"wink;

System.out.print("what do u think?"wink;
ans=input.readLine();
System.out.println(" you said"+ans);
}}

compile=javac naija.java
execute=java naija
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by vichofu(m): 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: How is he going to be possible to charge them when there is no electricity for like three or more days?
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by codeKart(m): 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2012

In addition to them providing free materials, tutorials and seminars, you also get access to the lounge which has constant light, a crazy internet connection and a conference room.

Place is in Yaba
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
@thank you for your response.
@ihebrooke, pls where did you buy yours and for how much?
@techrev, Thanks
@dammytosh, thanks and can you share more on your success stories and your journey to the programming world. I really like the part where you write codes on paper. Lol
@invertedhammer, thanks.
For everyone's info, I have a gen set, it's just that I spend so much on fuel and that's the reason I'm seeking alternatives.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by ghettodreamz(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: After converting Dollar to Naira, the 300 would be =N=47,085.00 for life(a trusted and good product). But generator cost =N= 23,ooo.oo and fueling it and repair might accumulation cost well above 5 times in a year to manage.

If he can afford to purchase an air and noise polluting gadget like small generator for 23k then he can strive to double the money for solar charger for better result. On the long run the portable solar charger for laptops would benefit him. Not only for laptops it can as well serve other purpose.

I think you have a point there, considering the fact that he would needed money to be fueling the generating set, that's the only short-coming using a GEN set might have, I don't think servicing it should be a problem for him, and as regarding the noise pollution issue, not all generating set make a hell loud of noise, there are some that works pretty good with little or no much noise.

Nevertheless, the OP needed an immediate solution to his problem, and since he can't afford buying a GEN then I don't see the idea of getting a solar charger a realistic one for him atm. Perhaps, he might consider going for the INEC batteries since it's a little more affordable and he can manage that for now, pending the time he has more cash to do away with and get himself either a GEN or the Solar charger you suggested.

Furthermore, it will be of immense help for the OP if he let people know the amount of cash he has, as that would help people in giving the rightful advice that won't affect his pocket power.

1 Like

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by codeaddict(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
piouson: Dunno how you're studying programming, but GET A BOOK (not eBook) if you haven't already, a BIG NOTE, and you're still having fun studying while you wait for power!!!! wink
This won't work!!
You'll only retain such knowledge for a short time. Nothing beats typing in your code and running it.
@OP, get a Netbook or a Solar charger.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by expertfingers(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
afam4eva: THis is the reason why i considered moving out of the country. You can't be at your best as a programmer if you keep worrying about electricity.
You just echoed my mind. If only we can get this right.

@Op, my advise to you, since you are just learning and not working on a paid project, use the time of power outage to relax your brain or read a programming book. Once there is power make sure you do not sleep even if it is 2a.m.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by WinkWrld: 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
we sell very reliable and genuine inverters for home and office use. they come with one year waranty. you could get upto 12hrs power and generators can charge it. charging time is 3-4hrs for full charge. our office at lekki. call 07028533333 or 08023388531.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by fyneboy88(m): 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Well the best suggestion to you would be to get one of those small gens, the smallest of all, they cost around 12 - 15 k.. Fuel consumption is quite reasonably low as well, it's a better deal than batteries, since u don't have light to charge the batteries. Or solar powered charger which again is a good idea but still for lesser headache and other issues, go for the gen. I have 2 big gens, but I still have one of dose small baby gen's, they make sense when I need to save on fuel and just use it for fan tv and charging stuff.
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by adewasco2k(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
informatix: I am a programmer infact one of the Best in Nigeria. I learn how to program with a Laptop whose power doesnt Last for 1munite. I strongly DON'T agree power is a boundary in leraning programming.
A serious programmer should be able to know where to get 24hours light.cafe,bizcenter,govt. Office. I once travelled 150km to get a condusive environment to Start Apache tomcat version4 using java virtual machine.

I wrote programs in java,vb6,vb.net,sql.,php.asp,javascript.

I also wrote java server side programs in servlet.

A java program regarding ur comment.

import java.io.*;

class naija{
public Static void main(String args[]){
public String ans;
Bufferedreader input=new Bufferedreader(New Inputstreamreader(System.read());
System.out.print("I dont believe power shortage is a boundary to learning how to program"wink;

System.out.print("what do u think?"wink;
ans=input.readLine();
System.out.println(" you said"+ans);
}}

compile=javac naija.java
execute=java naija
Police! Hold this man, he just crashed my Nokia 3310
Re: Help A Frustrated Programmer With Power Problem by RuuDie(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
codeKart: Sign up with CC-Hub! Its like 30k a year

In addition to them providing free materials, tutorials and seminars, you also get access to the lounge which has constant light, a crazy internet connection and a conference room.

Place is in Yaba

Please fill me in on this. . .I am interested!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need To Learn Algorithms / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / I Want To Become A Good Systems Programmer Before I Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.