Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? (59982 Views)

Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by dljbd1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
Curve2...enjoying it bt wtout 3G. Damn!
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by tjdj: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
All white bold5 are 9900,people buy cheaper bold5(9930 usually black) because its around 15k cheaper than 9900,most ppl that complain about the phone never used it,all na hear-say,go for 9900

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by chucky234(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
iamswizz: I used a Bold 5 and i regretted it... The battery doesnt last at all.. And it reboots itself after every call i make....better to get an iphone 4g than that crap called Bold 5
iphone4g? Rat forming big boy sha
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by specialguest(f): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
For me bb torch 9800 still rocks. My 9800 is almost 3 years old and apart from the usual battery issues associated with blackberry phones its almost faultless. I got a new bold 5 sometime in march this year and i cant list the countless problems i have experienced with the phone especially if i use my mtn sim on it. Funny thing is i now use my 2 blackberry phones at the same time tongue just incase one goes off i make do with the other..
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ignis: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
Don't dare venture into buying Blackberry Bold 5. That phone is a damn problematic phone. But it just got name n ppl buy it cos of d ego.

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dondav: I think you should just save yourself from this crowd mentality thing about Bold 5, and get yourself a brand new bold 6.

It's cheaper and has eventually everything Bold 5 has. And it happens to be latest with a smaller body shape. I am currently using it to type this.

I've been using it for 3 months now and I updated the software myself, from 7.0 to 7.1 latest firmware released in september. Now, the battery lasts longer and never heats up like the current brand new 7.0 firmware Blackberrys.
you were wrong about having eventually everything a bold 9900 has sir, bold 9900 has a better processor, a better ppi, a better keyboard and a bigger screen..and for the firmware, she can as well upgrade to OS7.1 too..All in all, bold 9900 is better than bold 9790
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by chucky234(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
iamswizz: I used a Bold 5 and i regretted it... The battery doesnt last at all.. And it reboots itself after every call i make....better to get an iphone 4g than that crap called Bold 5
iphone4g? See who dey form big boy sha
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by olsmade(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
I thInk RIM was sent to the world to torture me. I started out wiv a used bold 2 which developed screen problems soon after i bought it. I fixed it for 14k then it just wouldnt come up again. So i decided to buy a BRAND NEW BOLD 5 earlier this year. Had no probs until like a month ago when it just started restarting itself - @least a 100 times a day. I flung it across d room in annoyance yesterday (softly tho grin)This is no doubt gon be my last BB for ever. Upgrading to the latest os has not helped. Dunno what to do wiv it. In d meantime, im gon av to get one cheap nokia. Since my bis z expiring today, i'll just add a lil money n buy d said nokia.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Ocutegan(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
If you want a good bb and not the fancy overhyped type just dump your intentions of getting a bold 5 and go for bold 4,colour white to be precise. You gonnaa thank ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ later.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
i have been using my BB5 for a year now and it hasn't really given me any trouble so far. the only problem i used to have was that sometimes the phone would restart its self, but i solved the problem and its working fine since then. overall its a nice phone though.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
tj-dj:
All white bold5 are 9900,people buy cheaper bold5(9930 usually black) because its around 15k cheaper than 9900,most ppl that complain about the phone never used it,all na hear-say,go for 9900
wetin dis one dey talk? No be must say u go comment, sometimes just read and forget about clicking 'reply' or 'quote'

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
specialguest: For me bb torch 9800 still rocks. My 9800 is almost 3 years old and apart from the usual battery issues associated with blackberry phones its almost faultless. I got a new bold 5 sometime in march this year and i cant list the countless problems i have experienced with the phone especially if i use my mtn sim on it. Funny thing is i now use my 2 blackberry phones at the same time tongue just incase one goes off i make do with the other..
Ah! Madam, u sabi hype o..ur torch 9800 is barely 2 years old na

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by mrczar(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
me na bold 2 i dey use oh, i learnt it's a strong product, but d phone too dey hang oh, any help?
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by emilyone(f): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
pls guys in the house, what could be responsible when a phone reboots itself
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by PalmTree(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
mrczar: me na bold 2 i dey use oh, i learnt it's a strong product, but d phone too dey hang oh, any help?

Reduce the number of apps u downloaded on the phone. That's what I did to my bold2 and it doesn't hang again.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dondav: I think you should just save yourself from this crowd mentality thing about Bold 5, and get yourself a brand new bold 6.

It's cheaper and has eventually everything Bold 5 has. And it happens to be latest with a smaller body shape. I am currently using it to type this.

I've been using it for 3 months now and I updated the software myself, from 7.0 to 7.1 latest firmware released in september. Now, the battery lasts longer and never heats up like the current brand new 7.0 firmware Blackberrys.

Yea,I also feel Bold 6 is it. Got one (white) from Slot Computer Village Lagos a few weeks ago and am having a blast wit it,....d screen is touch also,and it's so much more handy/portable than d Bold 5. No issues wit d batter either. Wish u plenty of luck
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
emilyone: pls guys in the house, what could be responsible when a phone reboots itself
Hi, its kinda technical to explain. i used to experience that with my Bold 5, until i corrected it. contact me and i will expain how to stop it.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by kaycee1983: 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
hello,i've been using bold 5 for sometime now,5 months to be precise, recently it developed problems;due to the fact that i had 6 months warranty, i returned it, it was fixed, yet it crashed again,now i'm left with no option than to return it.possibly for them to change it or fix it again,.pls dearrie, u can either buy bold 6 or bold 4.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by olsmade(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
RICHIE BOI:
Hi, its kinda technical to explain. i used to experience that with my Bold 5, until i corrected it. contact me and i will expain how to stop it.

Jus say it here. I know its technical but we r not dullards. How many people do u expect to contact u?
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by born2boink(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
ammyluv2002: Hey house, please I wanna change my blackberry to bold 5 but I'm scared because I asked few people using the phone and they all complained about the phone so I decided to ask the house....

please does bold 5 really have issues or better still which is the best blackberry to go for now that won't give one wahala. I use curve before but its giving me troubles that's why I want to change.

Please, will really appreciate comments.

You downgrade yourself, you asked people, they all complaint, if everyone complaint about hotwater, why asking strangers again, until you ditch your head in troublle and let's those selling the phones deceives you in others for them to gget customer persuations, do users have the true says and they have told you true already, the sellers will not tell you the truth and they may come as individual to deceive you
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by hammedkola(m): 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
Bold 9900/9930 {Bold 5} is not good for me, Dial up connection is not accepted with desktop manager on pc. In short BB with OS 7
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by dgitrader(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]i just ordered for curve7.... please house.. hope it is not with the problems associated with bold5, or anyother related problems? please ur candid opinions..
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by mirabilisjalapa: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
Buying BB isn't worth it these days when android phones and Apple gadgets are ruling the mobile world.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
How Effective? Depends on how/what you use it for.

The Keyboard was the greatest attraction for me and I can say it's one of the best I've used on a Blackberry (besides the original Bold 1).

I bricked my 9930 whilst attempting to charge it (the battery was way below 20% - not pointing that as the problem but who knows).

I got a 9900 later and I haven't had any major issues yet. The keyboard is just awesome, I can't type with such efficiency on any iphone or Android product.

That Physical Keyboard + Efficient Data Plans are the two major reasons I still keep a Blackberry around.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by anintia(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
The blackberry bold 5 is the most over rated phone i have ever seen sha
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by dgitrader(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
mirabilisjalapa: Buying BB isn't worth it these days when android phones and Apple gadgets are ruling the mobile world.

unlimited internet makes BB worth having in addition. i used android for years... but never ever downloaded an HD game or a single movie with them(forget about the wi-fi stuffs). please house... any info on curve7?
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
dgitrader:

unlimited internet makes BB worth having in addition. i used android for years... but never ever downloaded an HD game or a single movie with them(forget about the wi-fi stuffs). please house... any info on curve7?

Specifications are listed on this page, if you want to check it out.

www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_9320-4458.php
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
dgitrader:

What's the model of the curve u're asking of?
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by badlaw(f): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
den why not buy 9650 (bold3)no stress no cmplain
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by oseiwe(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
My best advice is to get a bb 9810 torch2. U'll neva run around wit issues. Nobody has/will eva complain of it.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
HQ:

Specifications are listed on this page, if you want to check it out.

www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_9320-4458.php
na dat phone people dey call curve7?, didn't even know till now
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
freecocoa: Wetin be fallacious? I dey tell you something you dey busy dey speak english.undecided
this girl but you fine sha, if no be one or two things I for like meet u. Gaskiya.

MTN Refutes Contraceptive (condom) Production Claims!! See Photos / Infinix Changes Logo To Demonstrate Social Distancing / Finally Airtel Android Data Plans?