Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes (12813 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Obasanjo On Bicycles 1980 / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
pro01:

I am amazed that the re.t.a.rds hailing this quixotic and senseless initiative have failed to recognise the point you just made. They would stay overseas and think they know what's best for ordinary Nigerians who grapple with the harsh reality in this country daily. It's a tragedy, to be honest.
There is nothing tragic about this. The Okada have be proven without numbers to be a death trap, not only that a nuisance to the society. The bicycle idea would reduce pollution, death and increase the health benefit for the people of the city. You are not seeing the benefits of bicycles in comparison to Okada.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by naptu2: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
We need to reduce the number of people that drive cars in this city.

I remember listening to Dan Foster complain (back when he was @ Cool FM). He went to pick up something down the road and got stuck in traffic. He was in traffic for almost an hour (at V.I extension). He couldn't leave his car at the roadside, couldn't go back, in fact he was just stuck. I asked him about it when I saw him. His response...I should have walked.

That's what the bicycles for.

We need to get people out of their cars and into BRT, LRT and on bicycles (so that what happened last wednesday won't re-occur)

The big project for me is the 7 lines of the LRT. I can barely wait for the blue line to be completed.

We are making progress.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by OkwaIfugo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
hahahaaahaahhaah all the okada boys go just buy strong quater, kymco or keke type bicycle and start their business again.
clears throat, shake head and locks thread smiley
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by CLIQBOY(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
make i go learn how to ride keke asap
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by geeez: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
berem: errmm,sorry I didn't read the post.what did it say again?

Read it honey!
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
CLIQBOY: make i go learn how to ride keke asap
Good. You are on the right track man. Change is what the nation needs and people must learn to embrace it. Most people supposed to start doing that at young age.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by geeez: 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
naptu2: We need to reduce the number of people that drive cars in this city.

I remember listening to Dan Foster complain (back when he was @ Cool FM). He went to pick up something down the road and got stuck in traffic. He was in traffic for almost an hour (at V.I extension). He couldn't leave his car at the roadside, couldn't go back, in fact he was just stuck. I asked him about it when I saw him. His response...I should have walked.

We need to get people out of their cars and into BRT, LRT and on bicycles (so that what happened last wednesday won't re-occur)

The big project for me is the 7 lines of the LRT. I can barely wait for the blue line to be completed.

We are making progress.

My point exactly bro. You couldn't have put it better
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by manny4life(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
CLIQBOY: make i go learn how to ride keke asap

That defeats the purpose, do you know how small bike lanes are? Some can only have one person ride alongside, while other have capacity to accomodate two side by side, how does your keke fit into the picture being that it's wide?
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by drnoel: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
foolish people, they should first repair the un-motorable roads in most parts of lagos. If they then come and tell us 2 buy bicycles no matter how expensive they are (by then the prices of bicycles must have gone high). We will then consider it...
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by naptu2: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
manny4life:

That defeats the purpose, do you know how small bike lanes are? Some can only have one person ride alongside, while other have capacity to accomodate two side by side, how does your keke fit into the picture being that it's wide?

I think he means bicycle. Keke = bicycle in yoruba.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by doppler777(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
OkwaIfugo: hahahaaahaahhaah all the okada boys go just buy strong quater, kymco or keke type bicycle and start their business again.
clears throat, shake head and locks thread smiley

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by dadatope(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
naptu2:

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
manny4life:

What are you talking about? I don't understand!
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by iykak47: 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
That is what the former transport minister Ojo Maduekwe proposed some years ago but he was called all kinds of names, he was accused of taking Nigeria back to stone age and the proposal was rejected, the same Nigerians are today praising the Lagos state government.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by manny4life(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
naptu2:

I thought it was a tricycle, but thank u.

all4naija: What are you talking about? I don't understand!

Don't worry, the dude above me understood.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by 360command: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wow! this is good. I was telling my friend about this,' the use of bicycles from home to bustops or to a certain distance you can ride it to' . This is noT bad at all. I still support my initiatives where people in Nigeria must learn to walk so that we can see boys and girls out on street.The nights will no more be dark for every citizen becos the govt will begin provide street lighting for the people. 9JA O NI BAJE!
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by 360command: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
Omo, na to begin the importation of bicycles from China, becos the use of bicycles will be accepted by everyone in 9ja.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Cutex01(m): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
naptu2: There's something I keep wondering about. Things are bad.....does that mean we should just accept that things are bad and keep whining about it, or shouldn't we try to change things and improve?

Impossible is nothing.
God bless u 4 dis c0mment
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
WHY CAN'T THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT CREATE BIKE LANES?

IT IS ALMOST THE SAME THING
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by ballabriggs: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Just watch me carry my babe to Tantalizers when we enter Lagos.

Eko o ni baje OOOO

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by bigtt76(f): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
These people ...are they for real? People are complaining about being attacked by 'Area boys' and other hoodlums while riding in their cars on the various bridges during holdups and here's someone suggesting the use of bicycles? Tie bicycles to the poles? Shei na der area boys nor go carry go abi? Naija ....I hail thee! Make I WAKA PASS Jaare.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Hoodrat(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
I see a future and a prosperous,peaceful society I will rejoice and be glad to see Nigeria live a normal standard of life after all this years. The air will be free at last. Remember to pack all those dirty molue and the okada riders comot for lagos.. Also remember to create zebra crossing on all roads to reduce the frequent accident on our roads. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by mejai(m): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
all4naija: I COMMEND the bicycle lane idea but there are lots which need to be done. Lagos not having a central drainage system would be useless during flood and planning of Lagos. It is a very formidable yet very important part of plans of any effective city.

Don't get me wrong it is a laudable idea. That is the reason I put Good! in bold. I think you misunderstood me.

I am for the good of Lagos,dude.
Sorry dude! I saw d 'good'. A bit faster dan my shadow.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Hoodrat(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
naptu2: We need to reduce the number of people that drive cars in this city.

We are making progress.

when is the LRT expected to be commissioned? will appreciate recent pictures of it in order to paint a perfect picture because the ones I came across on internet are uncompleted project and the area look so dirty and dry.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by wonlasewonimi: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Better.. all those pot bellied guys and fat asssed girls would trim down.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by miqos02(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
olisa1010: PreOrder your Bicycles now....distributors are welcome.

www.greatzonelimited.com

GreatZone International Limited
olisa : i like your style
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by olatunde1234: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Tie bicycles at car park? I hope the govement will buy those bicycle? If not you will have to buy another bicycles every week, because before you come back to the park your bike already disappear
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Onlytruth(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
I'm an strong supporter of bicylces, though I wouldn't know how they would be protected against crazy Lagos drivers. It would work better in quieter cities like Abuja, Enugu, Calabar or maybe quieter parts of Lagos. Watching this one.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Techwriter: 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Exponental: Ban okada.............introduce bicycle!
Who is fooling who?
When will govt stop comparing developed countries with ds country? They have not done their pry assignments and they want 2 introduce tertiary standards!!!
More than 50% of roads in Lagos are bad and they want an untrained bi-cyclist to compete with licenced and unlicenced motorist! What a dead trap!!
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by 360command: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
olatunde1234: Tie bicycles at car park? I hope the govement will buy those bicycle? If not you will have to buy another bicycles every week, because before you come back to the park your bike already disappear

there will be someone watching it. you will only need to pay 20- 50 naira, depending on the location and security there.
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
olatunde1234: Tie bicycles at car park? I hope the govement will buy those bicycle? If not you will have to buy another bicycles every week, because before you come back to the park your bike already disappear
That is a good observation. I think it is time to start thinking about the security of the bikes. Maybe there should be bicycles park or something similar where people can lock or chain them.

You are an observing individual!
Re: Lagos To Get Bicycles Lanes by AfroBlue(m): 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
the machine for the Lagos Big Boyz grin

http://www.factorbikes.com/astonmartin/about.html

The Aston Martin One-77 Cycle is the world's most technologically advanced road bicycle. Designed, engineered and built in Britain, the One-77 Cycle features technology and innovations derived from racing car technology, together with the highest levels of fabrication and craftsmanship.

an affordable good quality economic brand from China

model of one of my commute to work bikes

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/sedona.black.gold/9025/48883/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC / BREAKING: National Assembly Shut / House Of Representatives Approves June 12 As Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.