Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. (3518 Views)

DJ Arch Junior Winner Of South Africa Got Talent 2015 / Looking 4 Partners For My 1st Movie Project. / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
We are working on organising a Talent TV Reality Show, something in the likes of Project Fame, West African idols, Nigerian Idol, star quest, Nigeria’s Got Talent etc, which are very successful reality show concepts. We need a good logistics framework which will address issues like; venue management, auditioning, publicity, marketing (for sponsors) etc.

In the main time, please, I urgently need advice/info on the following:
*When is the best time of the year to organise such reality show.

*What form of authorisations is necessary?

* Does the organisers of West African Idol, Nigerian Idol, Nigeria’s Got Talent etc had to get any authorisation from their American counterparts, that are the initiators of such concepts. (Like I said the concept of the reality show is adapted from the above already existing and very successful reality shows but with a niche)

For partnership, advice and general enquiries you can post here of email: kinharold2@yahoo.com 07034268732.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for the response on phone. please, more will be appreciated.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by nex(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2012
The best time to broadcast a reality show is during the rainy season, when most people prefer to stay at home rather than leave their houses. Also, brands experience a massive drop in their sales figures, especially beverage brands, thus they are more open to promos and sponsorships.

If you intend to host the Nigerian franchise of a reality show which was created by someone else, and is currently running in another part of the world, of course, you need permission, and also you will be paying fees.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
Thanks, Guy. It then means that the organisers of West African Idol, Nigerian Idol, Nigeria's Got talent etc all took permission and paid royalty to their foreign counterparts.

In that vain, what is the difference btw Nigeria's Got Talent and Peak Talent Hunt, maybe change of name.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by Jayboy124: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2012
If you are keen about the reputation of your show, a new show might be a better route.

I have noticed that creating a new show is a lot safer especially if you have good resourses. Most times when you try to come up with a Nigerian version of shows in USA/UK, it's always a tough task because a lot of people expect it to be as good as the USA/UK version.

And it shows you are very creative if you can create a new show.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Am already working on a new and different name/concept for the show. Thanks for ur tip, I dont want anyone to compare me with their own standard. It will be my first and am ready to do it to the best quality, no matter how small. The more we do it, the better it will become year after year.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by somadino: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm sorry but your good idea isn't enough, you need a lot of MONEY, loads and loads of it. A good crew (like mine cool) to pull off your great idea, beautiful set, logistics and good post production don't come cheap. That's not the heavy lifting as Nigerian TV stations will then take you for all you've got
Don't think they wouldn't compare your show with the ones out there, your sponsors will be the first to. I'm sure you compared Got Talent (home and abroad) with Peak Talent Hunt. So make those shows your base mark
The GOOD news is that if your idea is unique and creative enough you'd be the one to sell the franchise to others and you would easily get a local sponsor and make money. So far no Nigerian Reality show has cut it - that's why they die. That's why its easier to buy franchise (proj fame, Got Talent, idols) or model it around a successful show (ultimate search). Please give it your best.
ff @somadino for more insight
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by atmoruku88: 11:59pm On May 21, 2013
Hello
I'm tiny and I have this idea for a reality tv game show that would run for over a month. And I don't know what to do with it if I could get some guide from people already in the business it would be great. Cos I know with the right packaging it would wow the Nigerian music audience. This is my number anyone who feels to give me a try can call me up
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 7:54am On Jun 21, 2013
I'm sorry but your good idea isn't enough, you need a lot of MONEY, loads and loads of it. A good crew (like mine ) to pull off your great idea, beautiful set, logistics and good post production don't come cheap. That's not the heavy lifting as Nigerian TV stations will then take you for all you've got
Don't think they wouldn't compare your show with the ones out there, your sponsors will be the first to. I'm sure you compared Got Talent (home and abroad) with Peak Talent Hunt. So make those shows your base mark
The GOOD news is that if your idea is unique and creative enough you'd be the one to sell the franchise to others and you would easily get a local sponsor and make money. So far no Nigerian Reality show has cut it - that's why they die. That's why its easier to buy franchise (proj fame, Got Talent, idols) or model it around a successful show (ultimate search). Please give it your best.

Thanks 4 your comment. The reality show is now on and going on successfully and steadily. It is a regional Talent Hunt Reality show project. Auditions has started, with more than a thousand registrations.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by MerryCoke(f): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2013
kinharold:

Thanks 4 your comment. The reality show is now on and going on successfully and steadily. It is a regional Talent Hunt Reality show project. Auditions has started, with more than a thousand registrations.

really? thats good news o congratulations plz kindly tell me how you went about it
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by kinharold(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
I'm sorry but your good idea isn't enough, you need a lot of MONEY, loads and loads of it. A good crew (like mine ) to pull off your great idea, beautiful set, logistics and good post production don't come cheap. That's not the heavy lifting as Nigerian TV stations will then take you for all you've got

My dear, if I need "loads and loads of money to pull off my great idea", are U equally sure that I can make "loads and loads of money from my great idea"?

pls let me have ur contact details. I need more details/info on the Franchise thing. This project/initiative is a unique one. Also, we will appreciate all the logistics support and advice that we can get. Thank U. 07034268732

really? thats good news o congratulations plz kindly tell me how you went about it
Thanks 4 ur commendation. U can as well contact me.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by bare1(m): 1:37am On Mar 19, 2016
kinharold:

Congratulations! Did you have to get a license from the Federal government like the lottery regulatory commission and co.? Did these other talent hunt show organizers have to do so?
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by Walenchey(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2021
Please, can you tell us if the show is still running?
Kindly advise us on how you achieved it.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2021
You shouldn't be asking these questions on NL. Hire a legal counsellor, and also a business consultant to help you map out your target audience.

The data you get will determine the ideal time to run your show. We have a lot of great shows running 247. Why will your target audience leave these shows to watch yours?

Please, hire the right persons and they will give you expert advice after a thorough analysis. Seeking answers on NL makes you look unserious lol.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Prison Break / Useing Sim Card To Watch Dstv,mytv.hitv Etc For Free / 11 Year Old South African Asanda Jezile Going Through To The Finals! BGT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.