Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Chelsea 2 Vs 3 Man Utd,referee Ruin The Match British Media - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea 2 Vs 3 Man Utd,referee Ruin The Match British Media (985 Views)

Leicester Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th December 2015 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 26th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea 2 Vs 3 Man Utd,referee Ruin The Match British Media by donrichdavid: 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
Chelsea 2 vs 3 Man utd,Referee Ruin the Match british Media: Even Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Chelsea where Robbed

I'm sure the debate on Mark Clattenburg's performance has plenty more column inches, water cooler hours and messageboard acres to fill.

Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo: "The referee's decisions influenced the result. The sending-off of Fernando Torres and the third goal is offside so that clearly has decided the game for our opposition tonight.
"Torres put the ball between his legs and he's through. He gets kicked on his shin and he's down. I was shocked.
"I thought it was going to be a free-kick for us and a foul for us, not against us. Everything went for United in that sense and that really makes us unhappy.
"The referee is probably going to watch it again and realise he made mistakes. But that is not going to change the result today."

There is plenty for Chelsea fans to be pleased with in their performance, if not the result today. The suspension of Fernando Torres might not be the worse thing for their attack either if it makes space for an keen-as-mustard Daniel Sturridge.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "The decision the referee has to make is whether the striker has chosen to go down. He was through on goal - I don't know why he has gone down. I think it's his own fault.
"It's been 10 years since we have won down here. We had a good record until Jose [Mourinho] came along and spoiled the party.
"We've never got breaks down here and had some terrible decisions against us in the last few years. But today we have got a little break for the goal - Chicharito may have been offside."

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Jonny Evans probably did catch a bit of Fernando Torres as the Chelsea striker attempted to skip by him. But the Manchester United manager says that Torres only has himself to blame for his red card.

GET INVOLVED
Matt Fox on Twitter: "Referees clearly don't know how to handle diving."
Wayne Andrews on Twitter: "I have every sympathy with Clattenburg and other refs in an environment where they have to spot cheating as well as fouls."
Dwane Harley on Twitter: "Revenge will be all the sweeter on Halloween night..."

Whatever team you support, Javier Hernandez seems like a thoroughly nice chap. He is honest enough to admit that he may have got away with one as he sneaked back from an offside position to net the winner.
"Probably," he says when asked if he was offside. "It's a habit I have to look to linesman. It was a difficult game but we were lucky that we scored the last goal."
This is what the rulebook has to say about simulation and automatic cautions: Who'd be a referee trying to unpick this little lot?

Circumstances when a player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour:
If a player attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation).
To deal with simulation the referee should know the difference between: a tackle (challenging for the ball and touching it), no action; a foul made by the defender, free kick or penalty kick and disciplinary sanction if needed; a simulation (attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled), yellow card; a fall (no attempt to deceive the referee), no action.

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans: "It's the hardest game we've had this season and we were probably lucky to see it 2-1 at half-time. You have to show character in games like this - it's a tough game.
On Torres sending-off: "At the time I didn't feel like I'd made contact. I've seen it again and there was contact, but not enough to bring him down. I think the referee has made the right decision to send him off."

The weekend's results mean that a single point separate the top three teams in the Premier League. Chelsea still lead, but their advantage has been whittled down to a single point with Manchester United in second ahead of Manchester City thanks to their superior goal difference.

Infostrada Sports tweets: "As of now there are zero teams with a positive head-to-head record v Manchester United in the Premier League era. (Chelsea level with W13-D15-L13)."

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport Chief Football Writer at Stamford Bridge
"Referee Mark Clattenburg receiving a storm of abuse from Chelsea fans as he leaves the pitch. Robin van Persie throws his shirt into the crowd."

GET INVOLVED
Ben Hofman on Twitter: "Human error is part of what makes this game so exciting. People like having a moan and the ref is an easy target!"
Michael Cowlishaw on Twitter: "Mark Clattenburg is going to need a fast train out of London! Who'd be a referee, eh?"
James Cook on Twitter: "No better sight in football than Sir Alex with a beaming smile!"

Pat Nevin, at Stamford Bridge for BBC Radio 5 live
"There's always a lot of tension surrounding this fixture and mistakes are made by players. The referee always has to make tough decisions, but I can't make an excuse for that referee. We would desperately have loved to bring you a last half hour of great entertainment. It was spoiled by one guy."

Steve Wilson, MOTD commentator at Stamford Bridge
"A tremendous game overshadowed by two red cards. A red win, some red faces, some reds cards."

A chorus of boos ring around Stamford Bridge at the final whistle. They are certainly not aimed at the home team, who were the better team for much of the time when they were on equal terms and still looked threatening at times when down to nine. Mark Clattenburg might want to wait for the crowds to disperse a bit before he heads home though.
what do you think?

Read more at http://facenaija..com/2012/10/chelsea-2-vs-3-man-utdreferee-ruin.html#bcI2icSvp39VTyUu.99

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think It Is Time For Sir Alex Ferguson To Be Replaced As Man: Utd Manager / Man Utd Fan Drove Bus Into Barca Fans, 4 Dead - A Nation Of Idiots / Dangote To Buy Arsenal F.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.