Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos (14055 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Afanna1: 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Commissioning of the Remodelled. General Aviation Terminal, MMA Lagos On OCTOBER 22ND 2012

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Afanna1: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
ok now!

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Afanna1: 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
sick of bad news! grin grin grin

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Afanna1: 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
He has done well, the president should be commended for this. grin grin
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nice one....though the design could have been better.

So where does this leave terminal2?
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Afanna1: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
Enugu Airport is next! cool
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Bukkyade: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Haters will avoid this thread like a plague. They will rather prefer to go to other threads and lambast the govt for not doing anything at all.
Witches and wizards

9 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by styLo778: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Awakening from our slumber... See MMA GAT ooo... Yankee tinz! Abeg, Minister of Aviation is rugged jor!
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nonnyz: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wonderful! When the matter on remodeling of our Airports GAT first came up, frankly, I criticised same, fuming and lambasting of the much waste thereon which will go into the pocket of a few... Now, my assertions and believe indeed have been flawed as GEJ 's government again, have wrestled me to the ground on this. A very commendable work.

5 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nonnyz: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
Bukkyade: Haters will avoid this thread like a plague. They will rather prefer to go to other threads and lambast the govt for not doing anything at all.
Witches and wizards
I agree with you Bukky... What bothers me most is the people's dumb reaction towards positive changes in the Nation's polity while they bite and lambast at any slight error...
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Soundmind(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
Where is sahara reporters pls?
They have not talked of this at all
GEJ kudos to u.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by ajetunblog(m): 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
They still have lot of work to do

visit my bog : ajetun..com
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Dee60: 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Soundmind: Where is sahara reporters pls?
They have not talked of this at all
GEJ kudos to u.

KUDOS for what? Would a father expect his children to be thanking him for serving them garri for dinner? We are a problem to ourselves in Nigeria. A country where a minor road is built with Naira 10million, inflated to N60 Million in order to grease palms and then Naira100million is spent to commission it! Kudos for what?

11 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by tope3x(m): 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
I LOVE THIS...THANK GOD FOR THE POSITIVE CHANGE...GOD BLESS NIGERIA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by holluwai(m): 8:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
Bukkyade: Haters will avoid this thread like a plague. They will rather prefer to go to other threads and lambast the govt for not doing anything at all.
Witches and wizards

Mumu,na this place you go dey sleep,abi?
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by daywatcher: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
how many conveyer belts are there now?

3 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
I want to know the cost.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Slowly but surely...
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Hoodrat(m): 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Congratulation to President Good luck Jonathan/Stella Oduah,Tunde fashola and the good citizen of nigeria excluding the bad one. At least if una won chop money make una do significant things and transform the country from the 7th century bc to the new millennium then we cool and you can chop all you want. Cant wait to see the MMIA look all bright clean and maintained like the Charles De Gaule Airport.Kudos to you bros.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Go GEJ! Go! Stella Oduah, you are da bomb! Next, from Akanu Ibiam to Sam Mbakwe.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by justsayemma(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
A gud project no doubt,but watabout d fedral roads dat dose wU r nt previledge 2 fly ve lost dia lives.y shd I clap wen there r lot mo 2 do? Was it done wit dia salaries or our money? If we c wats obtainable in S.A n som nothern country,we wil knw dat we ve a long way 2 go

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by markovnikoff001(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Why are there this many people at the commissioning? One can only imagine the "Allocation for Transport to Murtala Muhammed Airport" required to bring them all there. I can never wrap my head around the situation: 1 billion for a project, another 1 billion for the fanfare marking the completion of the project.

And why the f.ck do people smile sheepishly whenever they're around government officials in Nigeria? Just take a look at the two women and two men in the immediate vicinity of Anyim: slimy a.s-kissers!

3 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by jt2010: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
#Afanna:
sick of bad news! grin grin grin

To whom much is given, much is also expect.... this is a step in the right direction but the finishing or quality of the Remodelled GAT is below standard.... We are talking of Government executed project and not a Local Government Project.... if this is the best the Minister can offer, then Naija dey finished!!
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by aribisala0(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Many people who will use this airport travel to other countries and few will experience any pride when they arrive here. There really is no reason for chest beating. Have they fixed the Carousel at MMA
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by chucky234(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hmmm still below the worst airport in France,they spent billions to give us substandard structures in 2012.
Not even up to what JFK,NY was in 1988 or what Shiphol,Amsterdam was in 1990. Poor design,poor finishing, not worth the hype and yet billions were spent.

4 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by SOHKAHTOA: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Saboteurs and true enemies of the nation will not see anything to commend just as this Agbaya .. This govt should remain more focused than ever, before 2015, distractors will hide in shame, pooo

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Just imagine the kind of thing making people happy. Chai Jesus Christ. Govt patch road they will shout "Quality Job", they repaint building and the response is GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Naija. Tufiakwa ee no go better for our politicians. Ori Oda PDP

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Ijebulogic(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
daywatcher: how many conveyer belts are there now?

This is the most brilliant question so far!!!

Honestly those Abuja folks know us Nigerians well. They "package" a shiny building exterior and all of a sudden accolades start flying out from everywhere. Next thing GCON, GCFR, Honorary Doctorates etc.They have been swindling us for 50 years and Nigerians (3rd generation) are still falling for it. For me,I'm not impressed with all the "shine shine" effects when the practicals have not been addressed. I use that airport twice a week and have done so for the last year. I urge everyone that has the opportunity to go and get a close up look at the "Made in China" effort. For example: 1. As asked by @Daywatcher - where are the new conveyor belts?? 2. When are we launching the full body scan machines to curb terrorist attacks (they were bought for millions of dollars and dumped years ago) 3. When will the security personnel be trained on how to scan hand luggage properly (they allow liquids and pastes of any quantity in hand luggage) 4. Why are people STILL not allowed in the waiting area to welcome passengers (Nigeria is the only country in the world where that happens) 5. In 2012, why have the building designers installed about 20 panasonic ACs hapharzardly in the new wing instead of installing a single central AC unit?? If Palms mall etc can install a central ac to cool a mall, why cant the FGN install one for its airport? 6. Why cant the designers install non-slip commercially enforced tiles? It was raining a couple of days ago and as we came into the hall from the tarmac, people were slipping on the "shine shine " tiles like it was an Ice-Rink. Please let me stop here as there are too many issues, but final point - we must not accept mediocre performance from our leaders. Our projects rank as some of the most expensive in the world, so we must have 100% implementation...no less.

16 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
chucky234: Hmmm still below the worst airport in France,they spent billions to give us substandard structures in 2012.
Not even up to what JFK,NY was in 1988 or what Shiphol,Amsterdam was in 1990. Poor design,poor finishing, not worth the hype and yet billions were spent.

NIGERIA FOR YOU!!!!!! 20% OF THE MONEY WAS PROBABLY SPENT ON CARRYING OUT THE PROJECT AND THE REMAINING 80% IS THEIR POCKET MONEY.....LET THE LOOTING CONTINUE....BUSINESS AS USUAL....THE PEOPLE ARE NOT YET READY FOR CHANGE....
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by blaksril(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
Total rubbish nd extremely subpar in every way i.e aesthetics, structure etc. Kudos to the initiative but we deserve better than this.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Gekko(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Gekko(m): 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
got mixed feelings about this. yea sure, they tried but they need to start taking design cues from the best of the best especially for highly exposed structures like an airport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. / Lagos Suspends Loan Repayment For MSMEs, Tech Start-Ups / Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu's Request For Oral Evidence From DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.