Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk (1376 Views)

Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Mamajama(m): 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2008
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by jesusfreak(f): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
quite petty grin

try sthg better to discredit Hillary, the video is 3 fake!
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
Fake or not, Clinton dozed intermittently at the MLK's event.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by swing4real(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
Fake my ass.The clip is too real, he was even looking at this watch grin
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Jan 29, 2008
So what if he dozes off at the MLK whatever?? Heck, I would doze off myself if I was tired and had to listen to that, heck, that thing gets real old after the first year you have to listen to the same old speech over and over and over and over and over again!!!LMAO!!!
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 1:40am On Jan 29, 2008
@kobojunkie, was clinton forced to make an appearance at the event?

I can understand if it were jury duty, and you were caught sleeping, but for an event, that he probably attended to stoke up his wife's credentials and then nap, c'mon! Come up with a better excuse.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2008
Ndipe:

@kobojunkie, was clinton forced to make an appearance at the event?

I can understand if it were jury duty, and you were caught sleeping, but for an event, that he probably did, to stoke up his wife's credentials and then nap, c'mon! Come up with a better excuse.

I never said anything about jury duty or being forced to attend any such. How did you pull all that falseness from my post?? I posted again, I have had to attend many of those speeches for one reason or another and have myself dozed off on occassion. Trying to put these people on pedestals you yourself would not be willing to get up on is ridiculous and childish above all things. The man dozed off, what is wrong in that ?? Is he no longer human that he is not allowed to?? Why make it more than it is, simply that he dozed off?? He must have been tired and I bet he was not the only person at that gathering that dozed off. What is your problem with someone dozing off?? Even the great Bill Gates has been caught on one or two occassions dozing off at occassions. Why push this one out of proportion??

PS. Please, next time, ask me instead of making assumptions that are not based on my reality.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 1:50am On Jan 29, 2008
So what if he dozes off at the MLK whatever?? Heck, I would doze off myself if I was tired and had to listen to that, heck, that thing gets real old after the first year you have to listen to the same old speech over and over and over and over and over again!!!LMAO!!!

That's what you typed@kobojunkie.

Your analysis that the MLK's event, focusing on the same rehashed speech can be a compelling factor to nap. If Clinton was tired, why was he in attendance at the event? Embarassing. Or, can you imagine, if he was sleeping, and his name was called out on the Microphone, while the camera was zooming on a sleeping president, it would seem ok?
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 2:17am On Jan 29, 2008
Ndipe:

That's what you typed@kobojunkie.

Your analysis that the MLK's event, focusing on the same rehashed speech can be a compelling factor to nap. If Clinton was tired, why was he in attendance at the event? Embarassing. Or, can you imagine, if he was sleeping, and his name was called out on the Microphone, while the camera was zooming on a sleeping president, it would seem ok?

You are just so full of yourself is all. When you decide to see humans as humans, you can join those of us who see that picture as just another tired man dozing off. By the way, again, nothing in my post says 1) it is compelling 2) He was tired,  he dozed off ,  simple!! if you want to pretend you know ALL about his schedule and why he SHOULD NOT BE Tired, go right ahead. It is to be expected of persons who have it ALL figured out when it comes to the lives of others.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 2:38am On Jan 29, 2008
All what I know is that it would have been funny, if a napping clinton was called out to give a speech at the event.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Jan 29, 2008
I am always able to see people as human and I would have pitied him actually. If at his age, I had to deal with half of what he deals with, Nah!!! I see myself snoozing all day at his age and just avoiding all that stress and all those boring SPEECHES. By the way, the MLK speech has always been the same boring rambling for me year after year. I am being honest here, I do not enjoy it and I almost have to load up on coffee to stay awake for even 5 minutes of those. I have yet to attend any of the good ones ( if they even exist).
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Jan 29, 2008
Well, if you find the speeches boring, and rehashed (as I do), then the best you can do is decline the invitation to attend such event and stay home to snooozeeee  smiley
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Jan 29, 2008
Nope, showing up for me is a good thing. Dozing off is understandable. Not showing up cause you are too tired for me is not as acceptable
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 4:28am On Jan 29, 2008
And who is the hypocrite then?@kobojunkie? Showing up for an event replete with a rehashed and monotonous speech, to appear politically correct, or standing for your belief?
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Jan 29, 2008
Ndipe:

And who is the hypocrite then?@kobojunkie? Showing up for an event replect with a rehashed and monotonous speech, to appear politically correct, or standing for your belief?

Hypocrite Appear politically correct What in the world are you talking about
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 4:52am On Jan 29, 2008
What I am writing is that if you cant stand up for your belief, then, you might end up snoozing up at an event, all in the name of being politically correct!
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Jan 29, 2008
Ndipe:

What I am writing is that if you can't stand up for your belief, then, you might end up snoozing up at an event, all in the name of being politically correct!

My belief?? what in the world are you talking about ?? What belief is it that I can not stand up for and how did you come about this information ?? I really am lost !!!
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Horus(m): 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
Al Sharpton Tells Bill Clinton To Shut Up.

Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=94xzcUNAxf4
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by toshmann(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2008
i no blame the guy abeg grin grin grin grin grin grin

see crashing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2008
I think it is a delibrate act to undermine and ridicule the black movement and interest and at the same time to appeal to ever hating rednecks that he was just there for the sake of making appearance.

What else can make a man of his status be dozing in an important occasion like that,in front of the whole world,unless of course he is sick or on cocaine like he always do,but he should use to handling the effects of cocaine by now,his body movement is that of someone who wants the rubbish talking  idiots to round up for him to go home.

That guy is a fucking cheeky racist,judging from some his comments about obama lately,like the speech he made in january campaign in north carolina,saying that obama is a little more than a black candidate popular in a state with heavily black electorates,that is weird coming a two time ex president of racially divided america.

Personally,i find black people that take whiteman seriously as jokes,politics or not,the fundamental line  is drawn,it will only take black people to change their image,not what whiteman think,says or does,
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 4:13am On Dec 15, 2010
I still find the clip funny!
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2010
Bill Clinton is 64 years old, with a grueling schedule. Cut him some slack.
Re: Bill Clinton Caught Nodding Off During Service To Honor Mlk by Ndipe(m): 1:10am On Dec 17, 2010
texazzpete:

Bill Clinton is 64 years old, with a grueling schedule.  Cut him some slack.

He should have stayed back home. Declining to attend the 'black' event wouldnt have been a setback to his status as the first 'black' president of the USA. But his dozing off only embarrassed him.

(1) (Reply)

Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 / Pfizer's Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout In Nigeria / Pls Tell Gej, We Dont Need Fresh Air, We Need Electricity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.