Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) (25705 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / What I Know About Buhari, Jonathan, Tinubu – Tunde Bakare / How We Defeated Jonathan – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
This has got to be the only picture in which I have seen President Jonathan and Asiwaju Tinubu smiling at a single point of interest, what do you think?

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by EkoIle1: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank God it wasn't at a cassava bread vision event....

Oponuchukwu always doing attache...

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
I was waiting to see who would post first.

The 'ACN/APC e-warriors' or the 'laptop gang'?

I hope we don't end up with a 'civil war' here.

grin

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Why won't Tinubu not smile? This was at a ceremony to mark the reclamation of land for Eko Atlantic City. GEJ was praising the Eko Atlantic initiative same as Senator Clinton had also waxed lyrical about the project. That is why Tinubu and Fashola are grinning cockily like proud parents grin grin grin

http://eftngr.com/opal/news/1-latest-news/2706-clinton-praises-atlantic-city-as-new-dubai.html

Clinton praises Eko Atlantic City - it's the new Dubai
Friday, 22 February 2013 06:23 Yemi Johnson

Bill Clinton

Former president of the United States who was special guest at a ceremony to mark the reclamation of 5,000,000 square metros of land that is now Eko Atlantic City, a massive investment cum business city created by the Lagos state government, has praised the vision and the thinking behind the city, predicting that it would become a business and tourist destination of choice in a few years time.

“I want to thank the government and the developer for building this city. They have reclaimed five million square metres of the land initially lost to the sea. That marks the beginning of this amazing wall, the Great Wall of Lagos...I am convinced that within five years, people will be coming from all over the world to see this wall,’’ he said.

“Most recently, my state in New York was hit by Hurricane Sandy in which thousands of people lost their homes and many lives lost. These people will come to Nigeria. People want to live near the water where they can have a feel of nature. You have provided a beautiful option to brand the city, the state and the nation. The shape of the stones of the Great Wall shows the understanding of how the water reacts; people will come from all over the world to study the wall,’’ Clinton further stated.

Also speaking at the ceremony, President Goodluck Jonathan described the city as another addition to Nigeria's list of successes in recent times. “This landmark event is continuing the good news narrative that Nigeria must embrace permanently. It took 19 years for us to win the Nations Cup again; the trains that now run from Lagos to Kano took us another 19 years to get them back on track.

“And in this same year preceding our centenary, we are gathered here to witness the ground breaking of a modern city that will rise from the Atlantic bed in the commercial nerve-centre of our beloved Lagos.This is good news indeed,” Jonathan said.

“Although it is not finished, it is already a success story. The road that was lost to the coastal erosion is back and now motor able...“Its huge potential have been the engine of growth and sustainable development. To this end, the enabling framework for kick-starting the privatisation of this sector is now being put in place. As part of the overall transformation agenda, this administration is committed to harnessing the potential, organising the construction sector as an important growth area for the economy,” the president added.

Eko Atlantic is one of Africa’s most inspired developments, reclaiming land from the Atlantic Ocean to build a new city for 250,000 people. The development is privately funded and supported by Nigerian banks in association with international investors.

According to the developers, Eko Atlantic will be home to 250,000 people and a workplace for another 150,000. The new city is expected to have waterfront areas, tree-lined streets, efficient transport systems and mixed-use plots that combine residential areas with leisure facilities, offices and shops. The development will also have its own power generation plant, sewage treatment facilities and fresh water supply.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
Gbawe: Why won't Tinubu not smile? This was at a ceremony to mark the reclamation of land for Eko Atlantic City. GEJ was praising the Eko Atlantic initiative same as Senator Clintonhad also waxed lyrical about the project. That is why Tinubu and Fashola are grinning cockily like proud parents grin grin grin

http://eftngr.com/opal/news/1-latest-news/2706-clinton-praises-atlantic-city-as-new-dubai.html

Ehem!

President Clinton, you mean?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by kunlekunle: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
dont fooled, they are best of friends.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
johnie:

Ehem!

Political etiquette means Clinton will always be regarded as Senator Clinton ,beyond office, and not President Clinton.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Political etiquette means Clinton will always be regarded as Senator Clinton ,beyond office, and not President Clinton.

Was he ever a senator?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
Who changed the topic and why?
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
johnie:

Was he ever a senator?

You're right he was not. He was actually Governor of Arkansas before becoming President. I thought he had been a Senator but realise now I confused issues with his wife Hilary who had been a Senator. Thanks for the correction.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
No qualms, mate.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnie: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
And actually you are right about the etiquette/protocol.

He would have been addressed as Senator Clinton had he been a senator before becoming president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
johnie: And actually you are right about the etiquette/protocol.

He would have been addressed as Senator Clinton had he been a senator before becoming president.

LMAO. NO!

He is President Clinton, not Senator.
Gbawe:

You have embarrassed yourself. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by vokalguy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
johnie:

Ehem!

Thanks for calling that dunce out...
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by kq(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
vokal_guy:

Did you even read all that transpired above before calling him a dunce? He corrected himself and an explanation was put up about how etiquette provides that he will be called Senator if he had been a Senator before becoming President (not my words). Please show some decorum.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
vokal_guy:

All these immature kids and their issues. Did you not note the mature talk between me and OP that did not degenerate into insults or name-calling at any stage?

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by fpeter(f): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
Life na wa o, wetin do Bill Clinton?
One would hardly recognise him from
this picture,what happened to the
handsome Bill we all loved?......
...................VANITY!!!!!!! sad
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by ravensckar(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Una don strt! Arguing over evn d flimsiest of tin. whether Senator Clinton or President Clinton, abeg mk we return bk 2d topic jareee
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by supaeagles(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
fpeter: Life na wa o, wetin do Bill Clinton? One would hardly recognise him from this picture,what happened to the handsome Bill we all loved? .....VANITY!!!!!!! sad
is aging my dear, the same is happening to you and me .... tongue
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by ichommy(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
National Cake tinz
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by johnwizey: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Next
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
kq:

Did you even read all that transpired above before calling him a dunce? He corrected himself and an explanation was put up about how etiquette provides that he will be called Senator if he had been a Senator before becoming President (not my words). Please show some decorum.

Abeg, fashi the immature little troll. What Nairaland reveals to me is that Nigeria currently produces a lot of angry, cowardly, frustrated and unfulfilled youths who want to go around fighting everything and everyone on the net but will never physically confront the oppressors who emasculate them daily to the extent they are turned them into impotently hateful creatures. The guy who corrected me appropriately remained polite and gracious and it has to be an e-thug without manners making noise. Too many sad losers here. The thing is that their lives will still suck after logging off Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Demdem(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Retardeen among the real men. He needs gatherings like this to cure his stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by WukedP(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
kunlekunle: dont fooled, they are best of friends.
Where the *BE* @?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Demdem(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
vokal_guy:

u sound daft. did u really read what transpired at all?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Gbawe: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
fpeter: Life na wa o, wetin do Bill Clinton?
One would hardly recognise him from
this picture,what happened to the
handsome Bill we all loved?......
...................VANITY!!!!!!! sad

Shocking to see how Clinton appears to have aged rapidly. There was talks he had a serious medical condition but Clinton himself came out to deny it. Wish the dude the best sha. Many still rhetorically speak of him as the "first black American president".
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by 50calibre(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Clinton is doing PR, gradually whetting the ground in preparation for his wife's presidential candidacy.
Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by fitzmayowa: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
I dey laff ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by badmeat(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Demdem: Retardeen among the real men. He needs gatherings like this to cure his stupidity.
anytime I look at people call the president I am always amused at little rats n cockroaches!*whether u like am,or u no like am Jonathan don blow oooo!jonathan don kpolongo ooo!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tinubu worwor like winch. Ta! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by Demdem(m): 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
bad meat: anytime I look at people call the president I am always amused at little rats n cockroaches!*whether u like am,or u no like am Jonathan don blow oooo!jonathan don kpolongo ooo!

Why wont he blow? having consumed over a billion Naira worth of food in 2012 financial year. Na ur lineage be rats and cockroach. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) by druid06(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
Is it me or is the Nigerian soldier in the background is sizing up Clinton's personal security?. He's like yeah, I can take this dude with just one hand tied behind my back... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried / Sulhu: Nigeria’s Secret Programme To Lure Top Boko Haram Defectors / Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over ‘fake’ WAEC Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.