Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids (19074 Views)

Phcn Finally Collapses. Fails To Impress Buhari / INEC Announces Results In Benue, Jonathan Taking The Lead - Leadership / Is Phcn Finally Privatised ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Moukafoam(f): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2012
acidtalk: stop being silly and pathetic.

Even an unborn child Know GEJ's government has lost it. It the the most insincere, confused and wasteful government that has ever been witnessed in the history of Nigeria.

Who will ever imagine such callouseness, waste and nonperformance will be from a democratically elected government.

Has stubborn and bossy as OBJ was, he never had it this rough with the legislative.

Deep inside you (even though you have no consccience) you know Jonathan's government is NOT PERFORMING.

Sick! undecided
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by thelastPope(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2012
I have a feeling some folks are scared of Nigeria having 24/7 power supply. They might relocate to a rural settlement so they don't experience it! Lol
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Reference(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2012
There are lots of positives and negatives, too numerous to mention on this thread but the overwhelming story is that the government has finally let go.

It has no business providing commercial services as that is what most Nigerians call power. Now we have no further convenient scape-goat. If we fail, it is us, not them any longer.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by hyelhira: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
ItsModella:

These are sacrifices that have to be made for the economy to develop. We cannot wait forever for the market to stabilize without doing anything.

GBAM! "Your head is very correct" ! Its is sacrifices like these that move the nation forward. We complain about Nigerian telecoms company (and they can be horrible) but just imagine life if we had only NITEL to service us. cry
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Zenanted(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
[/b]For God's sake ,This is the best move so far, Nigerians should stop d disbelief in d economy's progres, cnt u recal wen d NITEL as a government owned firm ws d only Telecomm in Nigeria? If nt for the privatizatn of Telecom, wat would hv been d fate of communication in Naija?[b]
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Jjc2000(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
I pray it works. But i believe it will be hard at d initial stage especially for d poor to foot d bill but at d long we will all enjoy it. I also pray this creates jobs for young graduates. I foresee stable power supply. Up GEJ.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by larrymoore(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2012
Let there be light dat is all we ar saying, do all posibility with holistic approach.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by kennytidistar(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2012
[stolen stone]omo so Barth Nnaji company no pick anything after taking the gentleman step of resigning?? Weep not child!

The prof is net bidding to buy the prof is constructing its own competiting plant, likewise many who will also like to build competing plant anywhere the bottom line is that there will be competition!
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Timijo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Olorun afun won se.
Olorun yo je ki won ri oju tu re.
Olorun yo gba wa patapata lowo awon
amunisin.
Olorun ko ni je ki o tun bo si owo awon kalo kalo mon o.
Olorun yo tan imole Re si orilede yi.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Boboedom: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
I am beginning to regain my confidence in our Presido, GEJ. We pray that he gets this power thing right. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by dabossman(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
emmacares4u: 24/7 electricity supply should be the last dream of any Nigerian bcox those dat will make it work are making their money from it.....ask urself, dont u know dat dame set of people are in charge of giving license of importation of Generators to the country and once this is off, their money stops coming in. . . , again, Am an Energy Expert by the special grace of God.....'Energy and Petroleum' and research has proven that if Nigeria should av uninterrupted power supply, the German factories and other country manufacturing generators will av about 400,000 jobless which is a setback to their economy, this same set of expert rates will be called upon to fix our power supply, now tell me ...knowing well dat dis will bring a setback to their economy, will dey do it well? Note my comment and watch and see......This should be the last dream of any Nigerian.....even the Nigerians into generator business will never pray for it to work....[color=#770077][/color]let's pray for the best

I don't agree with your assertions. I'm even surprised that it took all these our money bags who have made illegal wealth from looting our treasury this long to see that they can make much more money from investing their loot in a sector like power, than they can ever make from importing generators and fuel. Do you not know that there are more homes connected to the national grid than there are who own generators?

In a country of over 160 million people, I wonder why any sane looter will keep his money in a foriegn bank when he can invest it in different sectors and make billions upon billions that will last several generations. Just find a good or service that you can provide for as amny people as possible and you are made.

The cement, rice and sugar Dangote imports, is it not being used by the ordinary Nigerians? Is Mike Adenuga not making his billions from products used by the common man. Then think of owning a power generating or distribution company. Barbers, hairdressers, vulcanizers, battery chargers, market women, corporate organizations, public utilities, all of them paying money into your account, and you are talking of generators?

I just hope it works anyway, even though I have my fingers crossed. GEJ surprise me and I will applaud you.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by AZeD1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
1)First stage complete which is good. Those expecting 24 hrs light should wait till 2015. Although some places like Lagos (V.I, Ikeja) Ogun will get earlier than that.
2)For those comparing power to telecomms, you guys should please stop showing your ignorance as you can't compare the two. In your house, you can recieve all telecoms signal but its only one power line that is connected to your house. Distribution companies are monopolies on their own and you can switch disco's as you can switch sims.
3)Power prices hardly reduce (Most power companies in the uk just increased tariffs). The upside is regular power supply creates jobs so the so called 'poor people/ jobless' would have a job to pay for electricity.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by gabriel74: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2012

Even an unborn child Know GEJ's government has lost it. It the the most insincere, confused and wasteful government that has ever been witnessed in the history of Nigeria.

Who will ever imagine such callouseness, waste and nonperformance will be from a democratically elected government.

Has stubborn and bossy as OBJ was, he never had it this rough with the legislative.

Deep inside you (even though you have no consccience) you know Jonathan's government is NOT PERFORMING.

Nothing But Acid Talk.. No wonder Your ID is Acid Talk
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by SamMilla1(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
taharqa: Yea, some ppl must comment. Maybe u didnt read d article enough to realise that each consortium is made up of various local and foreign companies that are requird to make d requird payments tru Credit-rated International banks and their equally rated Nigerian counterparts, and that such international payments are usually denoted in US Dollas.. So u were one of those persons that made the investment decision to buy Transcorp shares some time back; investments been Risks which cud be profitable or a lost for the investor, its unfornate that d 2nd was d case for most people who investd in d private company at that time. Well, since the company now has amongst its portfolio an obviously profitable comp it is expectd that its share price wud subsequently head north; you wud benefit except you decided to sell your shares when it decreasd then, in which case u wud have been doubly FOOLISH..... Like i said b4, it is not a must to mk a comment on every topic

How do you market your own currency if you cant even name it while selling something that belongs to the whole Country?.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by SamMilla1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
taharqa: Yea, some ppl must comment. Maybe u didnt read d article enough to realise that each consortium is made up of various local and foreign companies that are requird to make d requird payments tru Credit-rated International banks and their equally rated Nigerian counterparts, and that such international payments are usually denoted in US Dollas.. So u were one of those persons that made the investment decision to buy Transcorp shares some time back; investments been Risks which cud be profitable or a lost for the investor, its unfornate that d 2nd was d case for most people who investd in d private company at that time. Well, since the company now has amongst its portfolio an obviously profitable comp it is expectd that its share price wud subsequently head north; you wud benefit except you decided to sell your shares when it decreasd then, in which case u wud have been doubly FOOLISH..... Like i said b4, it is not a must to mk a comment on every topic

How do you market your own currency if you cant even name it while selling something that belongs to the whole Country?.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by purplekayc(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
ItsModella: 24/7 power is all we want.
Waiting 4 the day ooo
grin
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by cash22(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
lets keep our fingers crossed and see the outcome of the privatization
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by donwilz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
acidtalk:

THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS FULL OF FRAUD!!!

Atedo Peterside - This is Pathetic

Transcorp - The resurrection of OBJ, Dangote, Onyiekwere and others dead company.

Honeywell - Oba Otudeko don hammer again.

Every single company on that list is "na we we". They very same players who controlled and Oil and Gas sector have taken over the Power sector.

Nigerian youths any hope for you people breaking loose this generational boundage?
If these people no buy am, na your papa go buy am..? abeg leave matter jare
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by prolifikv: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
D development is duly noted,its a gud step. I s'poz d distribution companies wud hav earmarked areas to supply to. Meaning dt in a given area,dia cnt b 2 distributn companies competing 4 ma patronage. Dt stil looks lyk monopoly 2 me. Like it wia bak in d dayz wit mtn..wit d resultant crazy prices,quality of service delivered,etcetra. Buh den,its a gud step. We'l get dia,we'r on our way
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by perfectcrush(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Generator dealers, get ready to go... Lol
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by cybergee(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
it is business for all.The investors will enjoys quick returns and users will now know how to use electricity.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by thelastPope(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sometimes the level of ignorance here is overwhelming! Wheeew!

How can someone say the poor will not be able to afford it. Haba! How many appliances does a poor man have? If he uses so much power, then he is not a poor man. If his house is full of appliances, then he is not a poor man. The oxymoron cest grand! That is why we are going prepaid. Pay as you use! Switch off what you don't need when you don't need them. It is only in Nigeria that everything in the house, lights, tv, iron, gbogbo e, are left on throughout the day. I hope we will not carry our gsm madness into the power thing oh! Where most of you use 2mins to say Ekaro and eku this, eku that! Then the next four mins is for asking about everyone from daddy to the dog and cat. Then you relay the message in 30secs and immediately switch to gossip for the next 5 mins before greeting everyone again for 2 mins. E actually, you didn't spend up to 2 mins because the N200 recharge just finished and you have to run out to get more credit. Na BB save many of Una if not, na rubber bag una for take pack go village because of fake life wey una dey live! Rant over!
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by maggdon(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
I wonder y dey cant privatise it like d telecommunication sector.... Dose ppl are wise thieves, most of dem are d majority share holders in dis companies in view.. Just investigate nd u will find dem dia
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Nightshift(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
Most or some of the companies that won the bids are really novices in electricity industry, but were apparently successful due to political connections. When the chips are down, those companies will be bought at higher prices by the experienced companies in the field e.g. General Electric, Siemens, Geometric and some Chinese Cos, or their affiliates. My problem with some of the winners is that Nigeria's billions are being laundered as clean investment capital especially by the former military rulers behind those firms. Our laws should not be allowed to be trampled upon at every turn by rogues! It could also take 5 to 10 years before any tangible changes are felt by the nation's industries, in terms of steady and stable electricity supply from public power lines.
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by obas01(m): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lets pray dat it work out well for good.. And there is steady supply of power allover †Ђε̲̣̣̣̥ nation , I think wth this †Ђε̲̣̣̣̥ country will move forward!
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
So long as they dont come again to increase the tarrif sha life is hard enough as it is. My question though is, is there still only one Transmission company?
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by FrankDGreat: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
Wht Obj cldnt do within 8yrs..... GEJ did it within 2yrs ........ GEJ till 2019
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by Proxytalk: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Maybe u didnt read d article enough to realise that each consortium is made up of various local and foreign companies that are requird to make d requird payments tru Credit-rated International banks and their equally rated Nigerian counterparts, and that such international payments are usually denoted in US Dollas.. So u were one of those persons that made the investment decision to buy Transcorp shares some time back; investments been Risks whi
Thanks i like informed guys u made my day
Re: PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids by SOHKAHTOA: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2012

Stop being silly and deceptive.. What will it profit you to be deliberately blind to the truth. What has this govt lost? Is it by exposing massive corruption in the petroleum sector or a successful privatization of the power sector which no administration has done? You must be slurring by mentioning waste and non performance because no president has been this insightful and with great vision compared with GEJ.. The relationship with the legislative arm is good for Nigerians. For your information, it is getting bad because the executive can no longer subscribe to Ghana must go politics for the legislators to do what they are being paid to do. They will soon adjust to their sense of duty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha / President Buhari Returns After Private Visit To London / Let’s Join Hands To Kick Buhari Out — Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.