Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? (834 Views)

Oba Sijuwade’s Place In History Is Assured, Says Buhari / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? by Devonian(m): 3:51am On Oct 30, 2012
Mine, unflinchingly, is Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (1937–1967) a man of principle, charisma, character, strong ideals, integrity, vision, purpose and undaunted courage. If, the coupists in charge of operations in the South had a quarter of Nzeogwu's courage and determination on the night of January 15 1966, the course of Nigeria’s (and possibly Africa’s) may have forever been altered for good. Sadly, however, what he sought, and fought, to change (corruption, vote rigging, nepotism and tribalism) remains the bane of Nigeria's polity.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc-GZQGsRL0RkTLh5kuxGr2kaJ9YrJj94Z58QEfkzhoVhULnYJsY-YrA_UtA[/img]
Re: Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? by Ikengawo: 4:23am On Oct 30, 2012
After studying the history of the events it was clear that Nzeogwu's success would have nipped 90% of the political problems we have today in the bud before they became what they've become today. The odd thing about Nigeria is everyone's hero is someone else's villian and usually in equally numbered and equally passionate proportions.

My pick is Fela Kuti. I can easily say he's the greatest musician of all time, and it will be soon that they rest of the world realizes it, as they're already beginning to (seems to be more popular in death than in life), as is the case with all musicians. Fela took nothing as fact and questioned everything, redefining it where he saw it needed redefinition. I believe Fela is yet to get the credit he deserves simply because the world is still catching up to the level of genius he operated with. Among the tangible things we can see and feel the invention of Afro Beat, his giving a voice to the voiceless and a loud one even at the height of Nigeria's military repressiveness. The simple act of taking his mother's coffin to Obasanjo's barracks. Fela's now become the soul of all demonstrations in Nigeria. Anytime people fight for their right against the system his songs are recited word for word over and over.

The way he wrote was revolutionary, the way he performed was revolutionary, the way he thought, the way he composed. He's Africa's Beethoven, though i would place him as superior to the later.
Most importantly he has enriched nigeria's democracy, social development, cultural awareness, and willingness to think and live differently.
Re: Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? by slimghost(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2012
Mine is Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu!
Re: Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2012
booked
Re: Who In The Aṇṇals Of Nigeria's History Is Your HERO? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2012
Chief D. Osadebey

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Country In The World Has Worse Power Problem Than Nigeria? / Give Hizbollah Arms And Forfeit Your Regime, Israel Warns Syria!!! / On The Increment Of Kogi State Tertairy Tuition Fees; Letter To Governor Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.