Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages (1352 Views)

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / Chinese Man Sues Wife For Being Ugly, Awarded $120,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by alleviate2002us(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
In what may be the weirdest divorce trial in recent history, a man in China sued his wife for being ugly and actually won the right to divorce her and a substantial settlement of $120,000.

No, this is not a joke. Earlier this year, Jian Feng, a man from northern China took his spouse to court for being ugly. But you couldn’t really tell that by looking at her, in fact the unnamed woman could be considered attractive by most standards. To make things even weirder, the judge actually ruled in his favor, granting him the right to a divorce and a settlement of around $120,000. This probably makes no sense to you right now, but I’ll try to clarify things as best I can. Jian Feng’s problems began when he and his wife had their first baby. The man described his daughter as “incredibly ugly” and told the court she resembled neither of the parents. Now, most fathers would just hold their piece and love that little angel as if she were the most beautiful baby ever born, but not Feng. He started accusing his wife of cheating on him, and he kept at it until she couldn’t take no more and finally admitted she might have something to do with the baby’s appearance.

You see, Jian Feng’s wife hadn’t always been attractive. Before she even met him, the woman spent around$100,000 on dozens of plastic surgeries to drastically improve her looks, and since the alterations weren’t passed on to the baby, she assumed she was the reason for the looks that weren’t up to the father’s standards. As soon as he heard his wife’s confession, Jian filed a lawsuit, accusing her of marrying him under false pretenses. Most judges would laugh at the claim, but not the one he found. This “model” father and husband was awarded the divorce he wanted and a settlement of around $120,000. It’s unclear who got custody of the baby, but I think it’s safe to assume she stayed with the mother.

Read more at http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/man-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-gets-awarded-120000-in-damages.html#9Eb8CCFeKvfqM4mh.99

Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by maclatunji: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
Oh dear! The dramatic change in looks is quite something.

Lesson: Marry someone you can stand even if their beauty fades away.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by Odunnu: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Na wa o.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ifyalways(f): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Macl I think the problem is not the woman per say but the child. The man married her cos of her beauty and expected their child to tow her line via inheriting her genes.
(Un)fortunately, artifical beauty aint skin deep so the child took after the mom, pre-plastic surgery and the man can't live with it.

Some men(and women)can be obsessed by outward beauty.a guy can be so obsessed with gap teeth women, marry one primarily cos of that with the expectation that atleast some of the kids will inherit that. At the end of the day, all kids come get trapezium teeth and on probing the wife, she confesses that her gap tooth was sandpapered by one aboki down the street hence she couldn't transfer to the kids. Lol

1 Like

Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by tpia5: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
story doesnt make sense and neither do i think a man will marry a woman in the expectation the kids will inherit gap tooth, unless he has a screw loose somewhere.

some of you type as if you're rather out of touch with reality.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by maclatunji: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
ifyalways: Mac, I think the problem is not the woman per say but the child. The man married her cos of her beauty and expected their child to tow her line via inheriting her genes.
(Un)fortunately, artificle beauty aint skin deep so the child took after the mom, pre-plastic surgery and the man can't live with it.

Its like marrying a woman with gap tooth(olofofo windpipe) and expecting atleast some of your kids to inherit that. At the end of the day, all kids come get trapezium teeth and on probing your wife, she confesses that her gap tooth was sandpapered by one aboki down the street hence she couldn't transfer to the kids. Lol

I got it now. My point is if he had truly loved the woman, he would have loved her child irrespective of its looks. He never loved the woman, he was only in love with her beauty.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by maclatunji: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
tpia@:
story doesnt make sense and neither do i think a man will marry a woman in the expectation the kids will inherit gap tooth, unless he has a screw loose somewhere.

some of you type as if you're rather out of touch with reality.

Kindly show me your reality in terms of this story.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by tpia5: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
check the original thread in romance section.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ifyalways(f): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
maclatunji:

I got it now. My point is if he had truly loved the woman, he would have loved her child irrespective of its looks. He never loved the woman, he was only in love with her beauty.
true to some extent.
Love comes with certain expectations. To some its brains to others b00bs. If he made the woman understand that the major reason he's marrying her is because of her beauty and expectation of extremely beautiful babies then the woman honestly should have told him the "source" of her beauty.

The whole thing is funny . And a child stand to be ridiculed because of 2 adults that couldn't get their acts together.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
She should have been honest, if she didnt love herself enough to be proud of how she really looked then she shouldnt have expected the man to love the real her. She should have been honest , why she had surgery is her business but if she is bringing anyone to her life she should say the truth.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
I don't know why this story makes me giggle! cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by maclatunji: 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
ifyalways: true to some extent.
Love comes with certain expectations. To some its brains to others b00bs. If he made the woman understand that the major reason he's marrying her is because of her beauty and expectation of extremely beautiful babies then the woman honestly should have told him the "source" of her beauty.

The whole thing is funny . And a child stand to be ridiculed because of 2 adults that couldn't get their acts together.

It's a very sad story, I don't know why you're giggling Efemena. I find it difficult to comment self. This story just shows that physical attributes that some of us take for granted are also part of God's blessings.

The woman now looks good but the stigma has been passed on to her child- how sad.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^ Abeg Mac, the thing funny jor.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by baby124: 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Rotflmao. Well we are all shallow to a certain extent with certain things. I want to wake up and smile when I see my hubby, same with my babies. grin. My babies are going to have to be a serious accessory, I would love to show off. They will be begging to be rescused from over dressing. Sorry if I offend anyone. But rotfl cheesy
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^ Heck!!

*** giggling uncontrollably now! *** grin grin grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ijebabe: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
I read this story a few months ago and I was in disbelief. Ironically, she had to pay her husband more than what she spent on the surgery. It's easy to say she should have told her husband the truth but c'mon look at that face, this is something she thought she could bury and move on maybe even spill later on. Unfortunately 'life' happened.

I'm curious to see what the baby looks like though.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by baby124: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijebabe: I read this story a few months ago and I was in disbelief. Ironically, she had to pay her husband more than what she spent on the surgery. It's easy to say she should have told her husband the truth but c'mon look at that face, this is something she thought she could bury and move on maybe even spill later on. Unfortunately 'life' happened.

grin grin grin
You are trying unsucessfully to be nice. Just say "wow, drastic surgery". Rotfl. This must have really backfired. The babe did too much. Opened her eyes, tightened her face, skin lightening, nose job, ear pinning, and some cheekbones in there. Smh. That change was 3 much na, haba!
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijebabe: I read this story a few months ago and I was in disbelief. Ironically, she had to pay her husband more than what she spent on the surgery. It's easy to say she should have told her husband the truth but c'mon look at that face, this is something she thought she could bury and move on maybe even spill later on. Unfortunately 'life' happened.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! What's all this naw!! undecided tongue cheesy

I've been told this is one serious matter and I shouldn't laugh!!

But comments such as these are killing me here!! grin grin grin

**Screams wiff lafter!!** grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ijebabe: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
baby_123:
grin grin grin
You are trying unsucessfully to be nice. Just say "wow, drastic surgery". Rotfl. This must have really backfired. The babe did too much. Opened her eyes, tightened her face, skin lightening and some cheekbones in there. Smh. That change was 3 much na, haba!
Lol, I feel sorry for her. I'm sure she stopped going to her village and visiting some family members just to protect her secret and now the WHOLE WORLD is in on it. Imagine her husband NEVER saw a pic of her as a teenager or maybe she showed him fake pics Money and resources went into this cover up so I'll be nice hahaha.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ijebabe: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! What's all this naw!! undecided tongue cheesy

I've been told this is one serious matter and I shouldn't laugh!!

But comments such as these are killing me here!! grin grin grin

**Screams wiff lafter!!** grin grin grin grin grin
Mena, I'm trying not to burst out laughing and u're definitely not helping!
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijebabe:
Lol, I feel sorry for her. I'm sure she stopped going to her village and visiting some family members just to protect her secret and now the WHOLE WORLD is in on it. Imagine her husband NEVER saw a pic of her as a teenager or maybe she showed him fake pics Money and resources went into this cover up so I'll be nice hahaha.

***faints!!*** grin grin grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by baby124: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijebabe:

Not everyone is hot as a teenager. Most teenagers are awkward looking and bloom into beauties later on in life. So he may not have thought it anything. This is one of the things that one can reveal before marriage or marry a man that does not want kids. The surgery was too damn much. Some men love surgery barbies. You can change looks but not genes.
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by ijebabe: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
^ Stop throwing the word 'hot' about loosely please. I looked awkward as a teenager but imagine how she looked? No blooming beauty there.
She should have told him the truth but I still feel sorry for her grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
You lot make it sound like "ugliness" (whatever that is), is the crime of the century....

Still laughing at the comment about her not being able to face her family back in the village! cheesy
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Wow. This is serious. undecided Or at least, it should be. Oh well.

Hahahahahahahaha! grin grin grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
My brother I see you o!

How body? smiley
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^^ I'm good, Efe. Just getting my dose of humour from this section - almost as much fun as Car Talk, hoo hoo hoo hee hee. grin
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by EfemenaXY: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Guys and engines eh?

I'll never understand that one cheesy
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by Coolval222(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Incredible
Re: Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages by alleviate2002us(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Coolval222: Incredible

Indeed my Brother, but in times such as these we live in, it has become the opposite

(1) (Reply)

Widow Confesses: I’m Now A Prostitute Because Of El-rufai’s Abuja Demolition / Aso Country Club In Abuja Charges N100K If Members Commit Adultery / What "Special Thing" Have You Done For Your Housemaid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.