Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

FG Spends N100bn On School Books - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Spends N100bn On School Books (3974 Views)

FG Spends N3.42tn In Nine Months / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / AIT Replies Tinubu, Demands N100bn Damage (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
naija!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
Na wash!!!

I don't read this kind of article. It could prolong the digestion of the GARRI i ate this evening. hmmmm.
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
ifeness: naija!!!!!!!!

Yes! nah who dey call me
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
adonisyung: What level? Primary and secondary I guess....hell no! not tertiary,cz there aint no book in my school's library

Remind the name of that your school. I often mistake it for ''Okitipupa distance learning adult education centre''.
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
chucky234: N100bn spent on books yet the whole libraries are empty,stocked with ancients books published by Macmillan publishers.
Where are the books distributed because as far as I know our primary,secondary schools and tertiary institutions have no modern books in their libraries thereby making it a lucrative venture for teachers and lecturers to sell handouts to students at (exuberant) prices. This govt is a huge joke,gosh!

(Exorbitant)....
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by alphaconde(m): 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
The parents of these school children didn't ask of this. They only begged the government to improve the standard of education. From my investigation the children don't even get the books in complete numbers. Now government is spending a states yearly budgetable sum on books. I advice we allow parents buy these books afteall nigeria has never been a totalitarian state. O God direct the steps of your choosen servant JONATHAN
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by COOLDUN: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
engineerd: 100 Billion Naira could have built and equipped a world class research university!!! I don't understand what sort of Leaders we have at the helm of affairs. Don't we want to progress as a people This just baffles me.....when will they get tired of chopping money and see that the black race is a laughing stock of the world!!! We as black people are the most backward race on earth.....WHY?? Are we just inherently savage like and closer to animals like Lord Lugard asserted?

Point of correction, Nigeria have no leaders but RULERS, i always laugh when i hear people calling these bunch of criminals leaders.Whenever Nigeria gets a Leader we all will know. But till then we have to address them as RULERS or LOOTERS if you like.Where do you think these vissionless crooks will lead you to? whenever Nigerians see Leaders they will know through his/her performances.
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Biznezman: 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
I am selling PAYZA and STP at N155 please write me at biznezman@gmail.com
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by naja2: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=greaterlove]Before we scream our brains out let's do this maths, if our population is about 150m, and let's say about 20m are in public primary and secondary schools all over naija and the government is to print an average of 5 books per student for each class at 1000naira per book that already is 100billion. As per the money spent I don't see it as a problem,( and nowhere did he the minister state it was spent in one year) but what I see as a problem is if the books do not reach the students they are meant for or if the government is not printing at all. is there anybody in the house who is a teacher in a public school that can clarify if government really distributes books in his or her school?[/sirquote] sir i no say i no go school but which kain book u wan print for 1000 naira x 20 m copies dats like 7 dollars per copie are they space science textbooks or brain surgery ones. The truth less than 10% of d 100b
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Docklands: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
Proof 100 Billion ?? well rounded up
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by man119: 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hmmmm!
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by chucky234(m): 12:18am On Oct 31, 2012
greaterlove: Before we scream our brains out let's do this maths, if our population is about 150m, and let's say about 20m are in public primary and secondary schools all over naija and the government is to print an average of 5 books per student for each class at 1000naira per book that already is 100billion. As per the money spent I don't see it as a problem,( and nowhere did he the minister state it was spent in one year) but what I see as a problem is if the books do not reach the students they are meant for or if the government is not printing at all. is there anybody in the house who is a teacher in a public school that can clarify if government really distributes books in his or her school?
N1000 per book? It costs less than N200 per book if you are printing in bulk as we assumed govt does,so where did you get your ridiculous calculation from?
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by chucky234(m): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2012
okpara ugo:

(Exorbitant)....
Sorry,thank you jare.
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by Lanreclassic(m): 12:35am On Oct 31, 2012
Where are the books for God sake?.......
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by greaterlove(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2012
chucky234: N1000 per book? It costs less than N200 per book if you are printing in bulk as we assumed govt does,so where did you get your ridiculous calculation from?
If they really print for that less then the minister needs to explain. I buy books so I just took 1000 since the lowest of them is usually around that range. I just thought that since the minister was talking to professionals in that field he won't have just come up with a figure that can't be backed up except we are concluding also that the professionals seated there are dummies. I also do not want to rush into condemning the government when they have not really presented a breakdown of how the money was spent and if it was spent in just one academic year.
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by free2ryhme: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2012
na spirit write the books wey them use 1billion naira buy? naija I hail thee grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Spends N100bn On School Books by buhak: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2012
The honourable minister please give us the profoor?

LEAKED: Jonathan's 2015 Cabinet/Federal Executive Council Members To Be. / Aregbesola Slaps Female Deputy Again? / Buhari Not Happy With His Grandchild Puting Two Fingers In the Air?