Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? (747 Views)

Celebrating Egbe Omo Yoruba / Celebrating Ndi-igbo / Happy Halloween! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by frankmoney(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2012
The night of October 31, celebrated by children who dress in costume and solicit treats door-to-doorit is also believed to be the night when the barrier between the living and dead is the thinnest . Why is nigeria not celebratin
Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by overdrive(m): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2012
Na who belleful go get time for halloween.we are hungry and secondly we have our own masquarade in the village square.lol
Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by frankmoney(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2012
Loool @tleas wah abt dah kids
Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by frankmoney(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2012
overdrive: Na who belleful go get time for halloween.we are hungry and secondly we have our own masquarade in the village square.lol
@least wah abt d kids
Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by paulicoco: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
If u want halloween, go ur babalawo.... That is where u will see all the ghosts and demons that u want to see, my friend!!! grin
Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by ifyalways(f): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Is Haloween an African or Nigerian culture?

Its funny to see folks buy costume and kit up themselves for haloween but label our native haloween equivalent as evil and satanic.

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
lol.

I doubt any Nigerian would take the concept seriously.
I am American and don't even celebrate that nonsense.

In fact I can only remember two times that my mom allowed us
to go TOT'ing. grin

One year she made us give away 2/3rd of our candy..I was MAD!! grin
But in the end that is all it is about...candy consumption that will
end up in dentist visits and a time for psychotic/wack-o adults to live
out their fantasies under a guise. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Ritualist Brings Deaths, Arson To Jesse Delta State / How To Say I Love You?? / How Is It To Say I Want To Shit In Public Politely?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.