Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Happy Halloween! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Happy Halloween! (1169 Views)

17 Simple And Easy Halloween Costumes Ideas / Happy Halloween 2013 / Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Halloween! by BlackMamba(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2007
I'm dressing up as Mrs Etteh to tonight halloween party. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2007
Dont u dare come near my door with that outfit, grin
Re: Happy Halloween! by presido1: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2007
hmmmmmm

Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2007
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Disgusting
Re: Happy Halloween! by presido1: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2007
Babybee:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Disgusting
whats disgusting about this pretty picture. Do u need medicated glass? please check your optician abeg.
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2007
I dnt mind u getting me one, cos u have diagnosed that i need one. tongue
Re: Happy Halloween! by presido1: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2007
Ok will get u one. Just fill out the form below.
Re: Happy Halloween! by opokonwa(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2007
@presido

grin
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2007
which form? u prescribed it, so u can fill in the form, cant u?
Re: Happy Halloween! by presido1: 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2007
If u cant see the form then we must do someffin now about ur sight.lol
how are u thou
Re: Happy Halloween! by Horus(m): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2007
The modern holiday we call Halloween has its origins in the full moon closest to November 1, the witches’ New Year. It was a time when the "spirits" (demons) were supposed to be at their peak power and revisiting the earth planet." He went on to say, "Halloween is purely and absolutely evil, and there is nothing we ever have or will do that would make it acceptable to us.
Let me explain. The origin of Halloween is the Celtic Festival of Samhain, lord of death and evil spirits. Long time ago (at least 2000 years), Druids in Britain, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany and other Celtic countries observed the end of summer by making sacrifices to Samhain. The Celts considered November 1st as being the day of death because the leaves were falling, it was getting darker sooner and temperatures were dropping. They believed Muck Olla, their sun god was losing strength and Samhain, lord of death, was overpowering him. Further, they believed that on October 31st Samhain assembled the spirits of all who had died during the previous year. These spirits had been confined to inhabit animals’ bodies for the past year, as punishment for their evil deeds. They were allowed to return to their former home to visit the living on the eve (Oct. 31) of the Feast of Samhain. Druid priests led the people in diabolical worship ceremonies in which horses, cats, black sheep, oxen, human beings and other offerings were rounded up, stuffed into wicker cages and burned to death. This was done to appease Samhain and keep spirits from harming them. It is clear to see that HALLOWEEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CELEBRATION OF DEATH.
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 4:10am On Nov 03, 2007
@Horus,
thanks alot, please tell them for me, i hate halloween like,
Apart from being demonic, which is the main issue about it, i see no sense in it at all, yet they celebrate it as if its something important.

God help them
Re: Happy Halloween! by Horus(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2007
Apart from being demonic, which is the main issue about it, i see no sense in it at all, yet they celebrate it as if its something important.
Halloween, The Evil One’s Sabbats

Halloween is a European custom, which was brought to America in the nineteenth century by the Irish and the Scotish. Halloween is nothing more than[b] a day of honor and tribute to Satan[/b], the malevolent one.
An organized coven of witches have two types of meetings a weekly “Esbat,” which is a meeting of the local coven and a “Sabbat,” which is a much larger feast. The word Sabbat is derived from the Aramic (Hebrew) word “to rest.” The word Sabbat as used by Satanic worshippers, attracts evil worshippers from all over the world and is held mainly four times a year.

February 2: Candlemas
August 1: Lammastide Day
October 31: Halloween
April 31: May Eve

The oldest Sabbats of them all, May Eve and Halloween belong to an ancient calendar which was based upon the mating times of animals. Other days on which the Sabbats are held are: New Year’s Day, Saint Thomas Day (December 21), Midsummer’s Eve (June 23), Christmas (December 25), and Easter.
In Europe several places are known to be the gathering places for witches on their Sabbats. The Blocula in Sweden was one well known place, the Puy De Dome in France is another. The Harz Mountains, a famous region in Germany is the most well-known sacred spot for witches.
The number in a coven of witches is traditionally thirteen. Twelve members and the thirteenth member is the Grand Master Azazl. The types of activities performed in these covens varies in degrees of rituals, rites and worship. As you will see, people like the[b] Pope[/b], and Queen of England and various political leaders of various countries and some members of the clergy gather at the major Sabbats to invoke the malevolent one. On each of these occasions an African man is sacrificed. The witches light fires, dance and feast, and sacrifice on the nights of the Sabbats. The blood of the sacrificed victims is sprinkled all about the place. In the year 1970 AD, the public witch-in was held in Central Park, New York on Halloween during the evening hours.
Re: Happy Halloween! by mamaput(f): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2007
all souls its also a Catholic fest.
a day to pray for the souls of the faithful departed
Re: Happy Halloween! by mamaput(f): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2007
Horus looking at it that way , whats with Xmas trees and easter eggs.
Re: Happy Halloween! by buffead(f): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
dont tell me ppl in naija celebrate dis halloween shit !!!!!
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 9:39am On Nov 10, 2007
I dnt think they do, its just a waste of time n resources. angry
Re: Happy Halloween! by Betty605: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2007
buffead:

don't tell me people in naija celebrate this halloween shit !!!!!
dey do, in baccus and fantasy land, you must be wearing a costume before u can get in on halloween,  frankly i also think its demonic,
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2007
It is demonic angry
Re: Happy Halloween! by ssRhino: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
What is the significance of Halloween?
Re: Happy Halloween! by Babybee(f): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2007
noting, its just some rubbish and demonic thingy.

(1) (Reply)

Do Tattoos Have Satanic Effects? / I Am So Sorry Ms. Joy...*sobbing* / Men And Women Are Not Equals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.