Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? (1174 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by U1(m): 10:55am On Jan 29, 2008
Please I'd like someone to clarify something for me. I heard somebody today saying that the money used in opening a bank account cannot be collected back when closing such accounts.

The reason for my worry is the fact that I was thinking of opening a domiciliary account for receiving international bank wire, and I heard that the amount for opening is about a $100. I'm more or less a student, there may come a time when I may be in need of the money, which may prompt me to want to close the account, so my question now is, will I be required to forfeit the $100 used in opening the account? **I bet that would freak me out**
Re: Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by DisGuy: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2008
I think you will need to have some sort of minimum amount to keep the account alive

what bank is it?
Re: Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by layi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
I have a domiciliary account with GTBank. You can wiothdraw all ur money without necessarily closing your account.
However you'll pay charges to recieve wires.
Re: Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by U1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2008
Thanks all for the response.

@ Layi

Please, are you saying in essence that I can withdraw all the account balance, including the amount I used in opening it, without any problem?
May I also know how much you used in opening the account (in Naira) and what the charges for receiving wires are? Would appreciate a response. Thanks.
Re: Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by walcolm(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

with GTBank, all u need is $0 to open a dollar denominated domiciliary account.

you are free to put in money at anytime u want and take out money at any time you want up to the total balance in your account. i know you will also need to open either a savings or current account in naira because the two accounts will be attached to each other
Re: Will I Forfeit The Account Balance? by U1(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2008
Thanks Walcolm, you don try well well.

(1) (Reply)

Help ! What Are The Best Business To Do In Spain As A Nigerian? / Onne Need Investors / Street Rates For Naira Vs Usd, Euro And Sterling Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.