Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ifrs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ifrs (5480 Views)

ACCA Diploma In IFRS / I Need BPP Acca-dip(ifrs) Study Materials / Ifrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifrs by boladex1: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2012
MY MGT WANT ME TO PREPARE OUR FINANCIAL STATEMENT BASED ON IFRS
AND I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENTRY I NEED TO PASS.

PLEASE I NEED HELP, HELP A BROTHER IN NEED
Re: Ifrs by PasNet: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ nid training ooo, I can offer U̶̲̥̅̊ audio tutorials on ifrs if U̶̲̥̅̊ won't mind
Re: Ifrs by Mustay(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Are you chartered? You do need to take a course on IFRS. I'd presently recommend taking ACCA's DipIFR (Diploma in IFRS) cos there's so many Tomiwas, Dicksons and Harunas offering IFRS training within a day or two just because people want to get the certificate (Naija and the certificate craze) and show they're certified. If you're an ACA, the IFRS training should contribute towards your CPD points.

IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is the codified GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) for the preparation and presentation of financial statements. The standards (comprising of the old IASs and new IFRSs) were adopted by the FRC (Financial reporting Council which 'enveloped' the former NASB) in 2012 for the preparation and presentation of all FS in Nigeria.

You need a good know-how of the standards in order to apply them, so for your company, you'd probably even start from IFRS 1 - First Time Adoption of IFRS.

You can read BusinessDay Newspaper - am not sure of the day but they do have a weekly feature on IFRS (Ernst&Young sponsored) you probably may find useful.

4 Likes

Re: Ifrs by boladex1: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
PasNet: U̶̲̥̅̊ nid training ooo, I can offer U̶̲̥̅̊ audio tutorials on ifrs if U̶̲̥̅̊ won't mind

please how do i get the audio tutoria, am in need urgently
Re: Ifrs by boladex1: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mustay: Are you chartered? You do need to take a course on IFRS. I'd presently recommend taking ACCA's DipIFR (Diploma in IFRS) cos there's so many Tomiwas, Dicksons and Harunas offering IFRS training within a day or two just because people want to get the certificate (Naija and the certificate craze) and show they're certified. If you're an ACA, the IFRS training should contribute towards your CPD points.

IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is the codified GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) for the preparation and presentation of financial statements. The standards (comprising of the old IASs and new IFRSs) were adopted by the FRC (Financial reporting Council which 'enveloped' the former NASB) in 2012 for the preparation and presentation of all FS in Nigeria.

You need a good know-how of the standards in order to apply them, so for your company, you'd probably even start from IFRS 1 - First Time Adoption of IFRS.

You can read BusinessDay Newspaper - am not sure of the day but they do have a weekly feature on IFRS (Deloitte sponsored) you probably may find useful.

am a chartered accountant and how do i registered for diploma in IFRS
Re: Ifrs by Mustay(m): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^

ACCA QUALIFICATIONS FOR FINANCE PROFESSIONALS

If you are a finance professional who is not already knowledgeable about the details of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), this qualification has a fast and efficient solution to meet your needs.

You need to develop a working knowledge of the area, and the DipIFR will make this happen.

Over 113 countries require or permit the use of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for publicly-traded companies. All listed companies in the European Union (EU) have to prepare consolidated company accounts that comply with IFRS.

It also affects associates and subsidiaries of EU-listed companies. Other countries such as Australia, Hong Kong, NIGERIA and South Africa have already adopted IFRS or equivalents as their local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). And many other countries around the world are moving towards applying IFRS, which is having a significant impact on financial reporting.

COURSE OBJECTIVES

The course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.

You will also learn how to apply them, as well as the concepts and principles which underpin them.

On completion of the Diploma candidates should be able to:

* understand and explain the structure of the framework of international accounting

* apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in financial reports and notes prepare group financial statements (excluding group cash-flow statements) including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures.

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/qualifications/glance/dipifr/overview.html
Re: Ifrs by Mustay(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
You may listen to lectures too but am not sure it may make a lot of sense if you don't see any applications. Nevertheless, there are some you'd be anle to easily key into since you're chartered.

I recommended the DipIFR 'cos you'll be grounded in IFRS - you can however choose to opt in for alternative courses if you so wish.

For now, I can PM you a link to get some texts for IFRS and where you can get some weekend lectures in Lagos.

They write the exam during the exam cycles of ACCA - June & December. At least, when you're done, you'll have a certificate you knew you 'jacked' for, one you can defend and subsequently teach others IFRS also!
Re: Ifrs by PasNet: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
bola-dex:

please how do i get the audio tutoria, am in need urgently

I'll burn dem on CD's for you, call me 07039725264 let arrange to meet
Re: Ifrs by deenee: 6:31am On Nov 01, 2012
It is very simple. IFRS is not rocket science! Just use the google search engine or visit the official IFRS website and the procedure is there. How each accounting entry should be treated can also be found there!

I want to assume that you must have been preparing financial statements before even in its elementary form

This is the internet era thus anything can be found on the net!
Re: Ifrs by Ufeolorun(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2012
I do not have Gaap knowledge,mine has been strictly ifrs so I wouldn't be able to do a lot of comparison but the little I have seen,I can conclude: Apart from some name changes,gaaps and ifrs do not have much differences except on some high level treatments and criteria EG Goodwill amortisation under gaap and impairment review under ifrs.
Your credits still remain credits and debit remain a debit.

If you are a small business I don't think ifrs is that relevant to you except you r going big but there are IFRS for Smes though.

1 Like

Re: Ifrs by Mustay(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nigeria is using IFRS as adopted. EU uses IFRS as adopted. USA uses GAAP and there are more differences like LIFO being allowed in GAAP, non-reversal of impairment losses, treasury stock method, recognition of some items in statement of cash flows, deferred taxes classified as current & non-current, qualitative characteristics of FS, recognition of elements of FS etc. The Nigerian SASs were largely modelled after IASes.

There's IFRS for SMEs too.

Anyway, the IASB and FASB are still on the convergence project (2014) which would see to the differences being eliminated gradually.
Re: Ifrs by nitrogen(m): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
.............this IFRS thing, anyway, if any has got something on this IFRS thing, kindly forward it to me, i need it for my exams. Thanks.
Re: Ifrs by Mustay(m): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
@nitrogen you're in PE2, ko?

How preparations? Been wan mail you buh 4get.
Re: Ifrs by nitrogen(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Ifrs by PasNet: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
If U̶̲̥̅̊ want a sample of the audio lecture, send a mail to pasnetechnologies@gmail.com I'll give U̶̲̥̅̊ F1 audio lectures free, but U̶̲̥̅̊'ll av to pay for the rest oooo :PIf U̶̲̥̅̊ want a sample of the audio lecture, send a mail to pasnetechnologies@gmail.com I'll give U̶̲̥̅̊ F1 audio lectures free, but U̶̲̥̅̊'ll av to pay for the rest oooo
Re: Ifrs by PasNet: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
Check dis out

Re: Ifrs by PasNet: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Still more
Re: Ifrs by boladex1: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2012
PasNet: Check dis out

thanks and am really trying to catch up
Re: Ifrs by jaklad(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
The time to take our lives and destinies into our hands is now.... delivery @ ur door step...very quality production ...the new 2015-2016 ICAN study texts... the phone nomba to contact is 07066391995....Grab ur copy now and start preparing ahed 4 may 2015 diet coz early preparation is d key to blasting professional exams especially ones like ICAN...... @ JaKLad Inc. We realize ur professional dreamz. Contact us today and u'll be very glad u did.
Re: Ifrs by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
Join Private Tutorial classes near you, have lecture centers come to you instead of you going to them, get help for your Professional Exams, and find help for your Projects and Homework. You can also register as a tutor in your area of specialization and get students to teach.
Starting 1. 2. 2015.

Regards
The Tuition.com.ng Team

Tuition.com.ng is a sister site to IcanLectures.com.ng due to your needs.
Re: Ifrs by cbravo(m): 7:06am On May 15, 2017
Re: Ifrs by cbravo2: 7:07am On May 15, 2017

(1) (Reply)

~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ / Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? / Is £900 A Day The Right Reason To Work In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.