Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? (5491 Views)

All Job Interview Questions/answers Covered - Get The Free Ebook / Teaching Job Interview Tips / Its Okay To Have A Bad Boss-by Darlington Onyeagoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by olabello(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2008
Hey! Is Walking Out Of An Interview Okay?
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by JUNIT1(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2008
stupid question, don't you think
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by aruako1: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ J Unit

With all due respect your response is absolutely inappropriate. I would have thought that the sensible response would have been to ask why the poster walked out of the interview. I might walk out if for instance I was subject to racist abuse by the interviewer. So you see the question is not entirely stupid. I believe that you are above 12 so i don't expect you to insult somebody simply because he asked a question. I see such appalling behaviour all the time on this forum. Somebody asks a question and some smart ass who has nothing to contribute decides the question is stupid and therefore the poster deserves to be insulted. Grow up please.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Moyola(f): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
Job Interview?!. . . . . i guess the persin enjoiz bn joblesz
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by ayomifull(f): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2008
I dont think its appropriate no matter what the situation is. You have right to ask questions after intervies and you can ask whatever you are not clear about, you can also politely make a complaint, but walking out? no not good enough.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by 702: 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
Walking out hw? during d interV or when u just concluded wivout being discharged or wen dey av discharged u??
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by mishooo(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
Depends on the situation.
I did it once. Got to the office and observed their parking lot first. i saw only 2 cars. kept mum. entered the office and i saw their staffers not looking chubby and well fed. i didnt say a word. i waited patiently for almost 2 hours before it was my turn. just as the person before me was on his way out, i caught a glimpse of the 'Oga patapata'.

All what my mind have been observing just clicked like the snapping of a finger. i stood up and announced to the guy after me to enter as i coolly strolled out of the compound with the guy just coming out .

after much service in the labour market, i know the kind of company that can pay you slaves' pay by just having a glimpse of the staff and office arrangement. Trust me, i took a good decision. I later knew sha.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by willyede(m): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
Mr J-unit please that a good question his asking have once done it and for u guyman to save ur face from further embarresment walk away majestically!!!
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by kokoye(m): 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
I have walked out of a job interview , because the company blatantly lied about the job responsibilites and they thought they could get away with it because of people's desperation. Some would even try to get money from you for training purposes. A lot of sales / marketing jobs in the U.S do that.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by CHIMSKY(m): 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
MY BRODAS,
                  IN THIS WORLD,U MUST PUT A VALUE UPON URSELF.IF THE PLACE DOESNT FEEL OR LOOK RIGHT .OR PERHAPS THEY BEGIN TO PRICE U RIDICULOUSLY,U R PERFECTLY WITHIN UR RIGHTS TO WALK OUT.
ACTUALLY IT'S A NEGOTIATION TACTIC.I'V DONE IT LOTS OF TIMES.ND EACH TIME THE PEOPLE MADE ME A BETTER OFFER.

REALIZE THAT UR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS NEED U JUST AS MUCH OR EVEN MORE THAN U NEED THEM.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by kokoye(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
I was invited for an interview for @ an Energy company for a helpdesk position 5yrs ago. The salary figure being offered was included in the interview letter.

I got there and waited for like an hour before some HR guy came out and aksed if I was still inerested since it was a sales position - I had to go house to house selling electricity and it was only commision-based!

Yea, the rest is history.

They use such dirty tricks to get job seekers to show up.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Sisikill: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2008
I tell them what I'm worth and they try to lowball me. . . ya darn skippy I'm walking out.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by nikekenny(m): 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
well is not too good for me no matter what they are offering you, cause the same ppl might cal u back in the future,
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Caradona(f): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2008
@POSTER

Yea. I've walked out of Job Interview many times only because of the type of questions, I was asked.
for example, First was the Salary Quoted was Wrong and wasn't willing to work far less
and another was, I was asked "If the FBI was investigating the Company for Tax Fraud, How far are you willing to Lie to save the Company" shocked
and another one was "What are you willing to do in exchange for Quick Promotion" angry
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by ayinba1(f): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
No, unless you are fleeing to safety.
Otherwise, bear what you can bear and once you have an opportunity, calmly state your appreciation and wish to leave.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by nedra: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2008
if der are beautiful and sexy ladies der, i wud neva walk out, infact i will keep asking dem questions upon questions just to stay a litle longa grin grin grin ;
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by mekk(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Well,if you are not offered the Job,why not?
What better reaction could there be? grin grin grin
Good Idea!!! smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by mekk(m): 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2008
Moyola:

Job Interview?!. . . . . i guess the persin enjoiz bn joblesz

what do u mean?
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2008
mekk:

what do u mean?

means he or she is really to settle for anything as long as there's a job cry
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Tayogeorge(m): 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
I sent series of info on your topic, especially on the "most powerful starategies to getting your dream job". if you so care, then let me have your mail, and i will send you must work strategies to get your job, including "why they must give me the job"

Read my most recent post on this forum below
Free Success Info "workable Strategies To Career Change” – Tested & Trusted on: Yesterday at 02:25:01 PM

These are the exact strategies that took me 18 years to discover that are working for me.
I mean from young vagabond, starved almost throughout teenage stage, missed first school cert exams as a result of parent’s financial state, and became nuisance, an in-cumbrance, and a pest. But, i was very determined to achieving today.

Yes. vagabond, errand boy, street boy, vagabond, once laborer, news paper vendor, clerk, supervisor, personal assistance, human right activist, hustler & traveler, marketer, principal consultant, and NOW. Career builder and small partner in a leading management firm in Nigeria.
Those are my antecedents and the culmination. I must tell you that I owned gratitude to nobody, but God and myself. I was determined to achieving today. Again I thank God and myself for all the information that made me. Of course the strategy worked out for good, and I can bet my life they will work out for anybody. But don’t forget that information is not easy to come by, so I will only forward the information to the first fifty people to send their emails to me. I know you want to know what my gains would be. All I want is for you to write your testimonies after you have used the strategies, and send them to me. That’s my gain. Mgtfirm_pc@yahoo.com

Wash out for my next post on – Identifying the few steps to take to start making fortune from your disappointment. It’s going to be for another New 50 people.

Send your mails now- Mgtfirm_pc@yahoo.com
For your success,
George
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by kingdong(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2008
aruako1:

@ J Unit

With all due respect your response is absolutely inappropriate. I would have thought that the sensible response would have been to ask why the poster walked out of the interview. I might walk out if for instance I was subject to racist abuse by the interviewer. So you see the question is not entirely stupid. I believe that you are above 12 so i don't expect you to insult somebody simply because he asked a question. I see such appalling behaviour all the time on this forum. Somebody asks a question and some smart ass who has nothing to contribute decides the question is stupid and therefore the poster deserves to be insulted. Grow up please.

God will bless you and add extra. And sorry to say, but that fellow does not deserve your respect.

Mr J Unit, you see yourself, orya !
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by LAKANYE(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2008
OF CAUSE "YES", YOU CAN WALK OUT OF A JOB INTERVIEW

AND WALK RIGHT BACK INTO
                          GARI FOR BREAFAST,
                          GARI FOR LUNCH
                       AND GARI FOR DINNER,
                         A TARTERED SHIRT, WORN~OUT SHOES,
                          UNGROOMED HAIR STYLES
                              AND AN IMMACULATE AND ABJECT POVERTY

ITS YOUR CHOICE
EVEN THE BIBLE WARNED YOU, THAT MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOOSEN.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by mishooo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2008
LAKANYE~:

AND WALK RIGHT BACK INTO
GARI FOR BREAFAST,
GARI FOR LUNCH
AND GARI FOR DINNER,
A TARTERED SHIRT, WORN~OUT SHOES,
UNGROOMED HAIR STYLES
AND AN IMMACULATE AND ABJECT POVERTY

If that is your LOT, even if you are employed for the job, its just a matter of time.

Whatever you become in life has to do with your dreams. Even God can do nothing for you if you cannot see yourself doing it.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by LAKANYE(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2008
Tayogeorge:

I sent series of info on your topic, especially on the "most powerful starategies to getting your dream job". if you so care, then let me have your mail, and i will send you must work strategies to get your job, including "why they must give me the job"

Read my most recent post on this forum below
Free Success Info "workable Strategies To Career Change” – Tested & Trusted on: Yesterday at 02:25:01 PM

These are the exact strategies that took me 18 years to discover that are working for me.
I mean from young vagabond, starved almost throughout teenage stage, missed first school cert exams as a result of parent’s financial state, and became nuisance, an in-cumbrance, and a pest. But, i was very determined to achieving today.

Yes. vagabond, errand boy, street boy, vagabond, once laborer, news paper vendor, clerk, supervisor, personal assistance, human right activist, hustler & traveler, marketer, principal consultant, and NOW. Career builder and small partner in a leading management firm in Nigeria.
Those are my antecedents and the culmination. I must tell you that I owned gratitude to nobody, but God and myself. I was determined to achieving today. Again I thank God and myself for all the information that made me. Of course the strategy worked out for good, and I can bet my life they will work out for anybody. But don’t forget that information is not easy to come by, so I will only forward the information to the first fifty people to send their emails to me. I know you want to know what my gains would be. All I want is for you to write your testimonies after you have used the strategies, and send them to me. That’s my gain. Mgtfirm_pc@yahoo.com

Wash out for my next post on – Identifying the few steps to take to start making fortune from your disappointment. It’s going to be for another New 50 people.

Send your mails now- Mgtfirm_pc@yahoo.com
For your success,
George

EM,
I'M REALLY SORRY TO SAY THIS ON NAIRALAND.
  BEWARE OF THOSE NEW "419" AGENTS ASKING YOU TO SEND YOUR E-MAILS TO THEM TO GET ANSWERS TO A POST.
HOW ABOUT YOU POST YOUR RESPONSE FOR EVERYONE TO READ RIGHT HERE, YES, RIGHT HERE,
               AND STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO SEND YOU PERSONAL E-MAILS FOR A 419 PURPOSES.

NA HOW MUCH YOU PAY SEUN TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT ON NAIRALAND?
SEND YOU MY E-MAIL KO, SEND YOU MY WALLETS NI.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by joshu5: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
Well i don't think it too right to walk out of a job interview but if you feel it will not be worth your while  you can polite asked to be execused or politely turndown there offer but na wa o this country self na only God go help us because the offers out there are really nothing to write home about smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by jaymes(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2008
Except your papa be President Musa Yardua, then I'll also suggest you slap the interviewer's face for asking stupid questions!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
of course! as a matter of fact, If the situation is so bad that u have to walk out of the interview in the first place, i will suggest preceding that with a slap/ or running ur five fingers wide open down the face of the interviewer , then bounce out of the door (not walk out)!
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Pataki: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2008
After once trying it, I don't think I do want to repeat it again.

But it depends on the circumstance/situation at hand though.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Gbosko: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2008
@poster.
Don't walk out, sit down right there till year 2010! Just kidding grin. But the plain truth is that your posting does not make complete sense. Probably you need to explain further to give a clearer picture of what you meant by "walking out of an interview"
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by Ibime(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2008
It is simple courtesy to stick out an interview till the end. Whatever the case, you should use the interview as practice for the next one if you don't like the role being offered. Also, the Recruitment consultant that set you up for the interview has wasted a lot of time setting up the interview, the HR have spent a lot of time processing your application so it is only right that you see out the interview. If you don't like the role, you can turn it down when it is offered to you, but it is rude to just walk out on an interview.
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by CARUSO(m): 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
You are within your rights to walk out of an interview or even spit in the interviewers face! grin
Re: Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? by eyeshadow(f): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ Poster, if your father is one of those embezzling the country's money then yes it is ok to walk out of an interview.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is £900 A Day The Right Reason To Work In Nigeria / Biochemistry And NNPC. / Apprenticeship Vs. Internship: What Makes Sense For Your Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.