Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] (10428 Views)

Eritrea Government Made Polygamy Mandatory: Eritrea Trending On Twitter / More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation / Images Of The Devastation By Hurricane Sandy In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2012
In this trying times, some spooky people are seen escalating the damages done by hurricane sandy and uploading various ‘fake’ images of the supposed hurricane sandy

Checkout some of the overly popular and most shared fake photos of the latest hurricane disaster in New York and various state of the United states of America – Sandy.

via = http://xtremegists.com/2012/10/sandy-gets-escalated-as-fake-photos-devour-social-media/

More pics below...

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Some really strange pics.

This is a Shark inside the water in front of some1's house (claims the person though)
XtremeGist-Facebook

1 Like

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by megxo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ 4th pic, btw d shark n hurricane sandy gringringringringrin
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by lawmani: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
That last picture is scary! though fake sha... grin grin grin
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Ariyke: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
why faking pictures na wetin dem wan gain for there
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by khanivorous(f): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Na waoooo!!!

If this was nigeria, some preachers will tell you its the end of time..as if nigeria is the centre of the world
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Koolking(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ariyke: why faking pictures na wetin dem wan gain for there

Probably, to solicit aids from international emergency aid donors. Handiwork of goons and scammers
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
It doesn't matter when the picture was taken of the guards at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The fact is that the tomb remains guarded 24/7 not matter what. Show a bit of respect.The tomb of the unknown soldier may not be during Sandy but they were guarding it during Sandy. I admire the dedicated soldiers that commit to this.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by linearity: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
I do not know about the others, but the first photo is not a fake picture. That is actual and real photo taken of the three tomb Sentinels standing guard at the Arlington Cemetery’s Tomb of the Unknowns Soldier.

The only caveat is that, that picture was taken when it was raining on Oct. 18, 2012 and not during the Hurricane Sandy.

It is wrong to pass them as been taken during Hurricane Sandy, but it is also wrong to label them as fake.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/soldiers-guard-the-tomb-of-unknowns-during-hurricane-sandy/
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by EXCELLENCEAbia: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
i'm not surprise to hear it is fake because this is how most of our media and broadcast studio fills the air with fake information e.g broadcasting co-operation of abia state(b c a) lying that their governor T.A ORJI is no more owning the L.G.A any salary that all have been paid while they have not been paid for three months.
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
You think i will fall for all these fake pix without seeing them on Al-Jazeera, CNN, BBC or FRANCE 24?
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by 5much(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
d pictures ar so fake
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Andyblaze: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
enitan2002: You think i will fall for all these fake pix without seeing them on Al-Jazeera, CNN, BBC or FRANCE 24?

Na I'm d title say na fake pictures na
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
linearity: I do not know about the others, but the first photo is not a fake picture. That is actual and real photo taken of the three tomb Sentinels standing guard at the Arlington Cemetery’s Tomb of the Unknowns Soldier.

The only caveat is that, that picture was taken when it was raining on Oct. 18, 2012 and not during the Hurricane Sandy.

It is wrong to pass them as been taken during Hurricane Sandy, but it is also wrong to label them as fake.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/soldiers-guard-the-tomb-of-unknowns-during-hurricane-sandy/

It's not fake as in the soldiers don't guard the tomb but it's fake because it wasn't taken during hurricane sandy...
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by tpia5: 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
a lot of websites are handling the matter and distinguishing between the fake and real pictures, although obviously not everyone on the web will be aware the photos are not real.

snopes.com has some explanations here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandy.asp
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
enitan2002: You think i will fall for all these fake pix without seeing them on Al-Jazeera, CNN, BBC or FRANCE 24?

And those that seldom read and watch news on the above named news channels??
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
tpia@:
a lot of websites are handling the matter and distinguishing between the fake and real pictures, although obviously not everyone on the web will be aware the photos are fake.

snopes.com has some explanations here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandy.asp

If you go through the link there, you'll see there are brief details of the pictures...
The link again is http://xtremegists.com/2012/10/sandy-gets-escalated-as-fake-photos-devour-social-media/
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by tpia5: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
the scuba diver on the new york metro was quite a classic picture, i must say.

One can only wonder what on earth was going on in the mind of whoever did that photoshop and circulated it as a real event?

why not go and work for disney- they just took over the star wars franchise and who knows if there'll be some openings?

1 Like

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by tpia5: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
Leadn:

If you go through the link there, you'll see there are brief details of the pictures...
The link again is http://xtremegists.com/2012/10/sandy-gets-escalated-as-fake-photos-devour-social-media/

i checked about three or more websites yesterday which corrected the fake circulating photos.

well, i suppose people always have to be on the lookout for scams and such, after any natural disaster.

1 Like

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Areaboy2(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
The first one isn't fake shocked

Those are sentinels from the 3rd infantry regiment guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. They have the option of taking shelter during the storm, but they choose not to. Speak of patriots smiley

20% of applicants for that role are selected for training, and way less than that will qualify as guardian, It is a thing of honour and prestige. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by yinchar(m): 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Leadn:

It's not fake as in the soldiers don't guard the tomb but it's fake because it wasn't taken during hurricane sandy...
What exactly are you saying...stop confusing yourself with English bro....lmao
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by oladayo042: 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Arlington cemetary has really 'consumed' MEN.
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
~vicky~:
It doesn't matter when the picture was taken of the guards at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The fact is that the tomb remains guarded 24/7 not matter what. Show a bit of respect.The tomb of the unknown soldier may not be during Sandy but they were guarding it during Sandy. I admire the dedicated soldiers that commit to this.
I saw this same post on yahoo news...kai, vicky!!!
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by franchizy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2012

The title of d thread says FAKE PICTURES, who wants u to fall 4 him, I'm sure u don't even watch CNN, France 24 etc, as u tend to boast here. Ewu Congo like u
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
ItsModella:
I saw this same post on yahoo news...kai, vicky!!!

lol..abeg free me joor cheesy i made the first comment though, then con take the other join cheesy([size=4pt]na wa o! u get eye like eagle o[/size])
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
~vicky~:

lol..abeg free me joor cheesy i made the first comment though, then con take the other join cheesy([size=4pt]na wa o! u get eye like eagle o[/size])
loool!! issorait, I don hear you. [size=4pt]Yes o, I dey everywhere.[/size]
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
ItsModella:

cheesy what is your say in this topic anyway?
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
ItsModella:

Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
~vicky~:

hehehehehe...I really do not have any say on it, they're just fake pictures.
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by wemlove2001(f): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
lol..
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
yinchar:
What exactly are you saying...stop confusing yourself with English bro....lmao

seriously yu're the one confusing yourself mate!
Try reading in btw the lines...
Re: Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] by Leadn(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
ItsModella:
hehehehehe...I really do not have any say on it, they're just fake pictures.

lol cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits / Chile's Opposition Moves To Oust President Over Pandora Papers Revelations / Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.