Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Crazy Law Facts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crazy Law Facts (862 Views)

Real Bizarre Facts You Need To Know! / My Book Of Random And Totally Awesome Facts / Some Facts About Nigerian Readers, Authors And Publishers And So Much More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Law Facts by Cbourne(f): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
*WOMEN CAN KILL ADULTEROUS HUSBANDS:
did you know that in Hong Kong,a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband? although she may only do this with her bare hands.All sounds a bit strange to me.
*TOAD LICKING BANNED:
did you know that in California,it is illegal to lick toads in order to get high as some people were getting were getting injured by the toads' poison.I have a question on this,the first person that ever licked a toad,what exactly was going on through his head when he did it?i guess he must have been really high...#pathetic much#
*BEER MAKING FORMULA:
did you know that in TEXAS, the Encyclopaedia Britannica was banned as it gave people the formula for making beer!Err,i think they should also ban google as i'm sure the formula for making all types of alcohol is on there too.
*CHILDREN UNDER 12 BANNED FROM PHONING:
did you know that in Blue Earth, Minnesota,it is illegal for children under 21 years of age to speak on the telephone unless accompanied by one of the parents?Question is, waht if they need to ring one odf their parents who are both out of the house?Anyone thought of theat one?:-}
*ILLEGAL TO MARRY THE SAME MAN 4 TIMES:
did you know that in Kentucky,it is against the law for a woman to remarry the same man four times?why would anyone in their right mind marry the same man 4 times?it failed first 3 times,will the 4th be any different?
*KILL 6 BLACKBIRDS BEFORE YOU MARRY ME:
did you know that in Truro,Missisipi,before a man can get married,he must prove himself worthy by killing either 3 cows or 6 blackbirds!I would go for the cows personally,easier targets:-}i wonder if you could haggle with 2cows and 3 blackbirds.
*CHILDREN NEED A LICENCE TO PLAY GAMES:
did you know that in Tennessee,it is illegal for children to play games on a sunday wihtout a valid license,is this license only required for video games or do you need one to play Monopoly and Eye Spy as well??and who knows if you are playing without a license?
*SOAP STEALERS FORCED TO USE IT:
did you know that in Mohave County, Arizona,if you are caught stealing soap from a shop,you must wash yourself with it until the soap finishes!My advice,if you must steal soap,go for the liquid type,it's easier to use and you will definitely make a clean getaway afterwards:-}
*ILLEGAL ANIMAL NAMES:
did you know that in Australia,it is illegal to give an animal that you will eat at a later date a name?
*GET DRESSED OR DIE:
did you know that in St.Louis,Missouri,it is illegal for a fireman to rescue a woman wearing only a nightdress?in order for her to be rescued,she must be fully clothed.Does that include Jewellery, nice matching shoes and handbag?Mtcheeew
*CRIMINAL BIRTHDAY OFFENCE:
did you know that in Samoa,it is indeed a crime to forget your wife's birthday!!!Not sure what the punishment is though!Any ideas what it might be?
*FEATHERED RIGHT OF WAY:
did you know that in Utah,birds have the right of way on public highways?Do the birds know this?Have you ever stopped your car before to let a bird cross the road?hmm,these laws get stranger!
*FIRST 4 FOREMANGET PAID:
did you know that in Zeigler,Illinois,only the first 4 foreman on scene will be paid?What a great incentive for a speedy service!
*TOO SCRUFFY TO DRIVE:
did you know that in Athens,a driver can have their driving license seized if the driver is deemed too scruffy or poorly dressed?i guess the fashion police do exist plus that will make sense in Nigeria
*POSING BEARS:
did you know that in Alaska,it is legal to shoot bears,but,if you wake a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph,then it is strictly prohibited!who makes these rules!

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Nigerian Author / The “compendium Of Nigerian Laws On Corruption, Economic & Financial Crimes” / Help On Project Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.