Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply (6131 Views)

FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / Jonathan's Campaign Office Accused Of Releasing $20,000 To Disrupt Buhari's Talk / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by johnshagb(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2012
The union leaders of Power Holdings Company of Nigeria (PHCN) have begun to assemble its workers to disturb efforts by investors who want to take over the company.

This development was revealed by the President of the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies (SSAEAC), Comrade Bede Opara during a press briefing yesterday.

He said, “We are mobilizing our workers from all over the states in case any investors want to take over the facilities without paying us our severance and gratuity.”

“We will resist such attempt and, by today (yesterday), we will inform Kaduna workers and others to prepare their minds in case of any attempt of investors to commence operation.”

It will be recalled that SSAEAC earlier warned the Federal Government that its refusal to conclude discussions on the payment of severance, gratuity, and pensions to employees of PHCN will have serious implications as the new investors will not be allowed to take over the company if not all pending issues are resolved.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/11/01/phcn-workers-move-to-disrupt-electricity-supply-in-the-country/
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2012
hmmmmm. And d drama begins. Naija NEVER A DULL MOMENT
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by codeine123: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2012
So this is the reason why i haven't seen light in my place for two days??

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by SamMilla1(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2012
They should go to jail
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2012
One part of this entire saga i dont get is that is this government so spineless as to be held ransom by these guys in this manner?

i understand the payment of the gratuity and pensions part, its their right and they should rightly get it.

but actually going out to organize sabotage of essential public installations and declaring that intention openly?

Lord!!! what is this type of affliction we have brought on ourselves with this govt? the PHCN staff number like how many?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 01, 2012
Which kind wahala be this? " Back to Generators" ?
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by grafikii: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2012
Why can't the govt just pay these guys, is the government not making money from sale of the phcn?
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by kelvino25(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2012
I dnt know why we Nigerians hate change.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Telez(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2012
lets go der notin dey happen
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Demdem(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2012
How can u distrupt what isnt even there

5 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2012
That's what happens when the essence of democracy is lost, people take laws into their hands...i support them.This's the only way d govt. will oblige them.I did the same sometime ago to my debtor and he paid me asap.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by seglan(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2012
darkness workers; your days are numbered.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by jude33084(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2012
codeine123: So this is the reason why i haven't seen light in my place for two days??

Same in my area, I wonder why? undecided
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by 234GT(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2012
PHCN: Power Hoarding Cabal of Nigeria!
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by strangest(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2012
yawwwnssss... NEPA.. em sorrry PHCN... ok, why do you guys love darkness soooo much

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by amyg(f): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2012
I pray 2 God I don't marry a PHCN staff(d heavy curses on dem ll affect my children).power holding company-living up 2 dr name.we suffer 4 d friction btw dem nd d Govt.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 01, 2012
If they do that, they will give the Government a very tangible reason for not giving them what is due.

The Government will simply label them terrosists and saboteurs and then take appropriate action against them.

Dont play into their hands.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by KINGwax(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2012
4llerbuntu: One part of this entire saga i dont get is that is this government so spineless as to be held ransom by these guys in this manner?

i understand the payment of the gratuity and pensions part, its their right and they should rightly get it.

but actually going out to organize sabotage of essential public installations and declaring that intention openly?

Lord!!! what is this type of affliction we have brought on ourselves with this govt? the PHCN staff number like how many?
you must have forgotten, they're under a contract which stipulates a condition to be met if they'll ever be laid off. So, the feds refusal to honor this is some kind of being above the law?
Don't start again. That's how ds country's fond of owing pensions of people who had worked for her.
Let the feds pay up, or it's one attribute of Nigeria to alwys oppress it's citizen?
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by lacasa: 9:21am On Nov 01, 2012
They shld disrupt the place Abeg!.

Wen itz to fly Patience Jo to germany fσr tummy tuck money go dey bt wen its d average worker demanding his sweat n years of service, d govt will want to frustrate dem.

They shld burnn dwn every station if necessary!
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by ubong560(m): 9:28am On Nov 01, 2012
Payment of Severance, gratuity or nt, it's obvious phcn workers are unhappy abt d entire develpmnt in d power sector. They love darkness cos som of dem are generator dealers. U want spoil market 4 dem?
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by johnshagb(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2012
Ωa today una don dey disrupt am undecided undecided undecided
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by asudan: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2012
na wa
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by asudan: 9:36am On Nov 01, 2012
kelvino25: I dnt know why we Nigerians hate change.
what do you mean by nigerians hating change and why are you generalizing it?.why not some instead of all moreover if you were a government worker and you not paid your entitlement how will you feel.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by djustice: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2012
I advocate the public lynching of PHCN workers, if this threat is carried out. How many of them are there? Are they more than the rest of us? WETIN SEF? Must we be held to ransom just because of their stupidity and wickedness? Make dem disrupt am na, make we see. Idiots and nincompoops. Na now dem go know say naija don change!!!
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by asudan: 9:47am On Nov 01, 2012
djustice: I advocate the public lynching of PHCN workers, if this threat is carried out. How many of them are there? Are they more than the rest of us? WETIN SEF? Must we be held to ransom just because of their stupidity and wickedness? Make dem disrupt am na, make we see. Idiots and nincompoops. Na now dem go know say naija don change!!!
Yes nearly all PHCN staff are wicked but it does not warrant floging as if they are in the primary school or cow.To be objectiv here, we don't know who is saying the truth or telling lie because the government is not sincere neither are PHCN staff truthful to their claims.
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Kslib(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2012
I support them 100%.. If fg no pay them,make light no dey.. By the time angry Nigerians begin protest,dem go pay phcn double double..

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by Ikwerefistson: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2012
Una neva se anytn hoples nepa pepl.u animals convivd nd set up our only performg ministr bath nw u hav a biger evil to contend wit.yeye pepl
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by asudan: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2012
Kslib: I support them 100%.. If fg no pay them,make light no dey.. By the time angry Nigerians begin protest,dem go pay phcn double double..
do not mind them, if na to share the money dem go quick quick share am
Re: PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply by mekaboy(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2012
NIGERIAN GOVT IS SIMPLY WICKED AND DONT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE.

IF THEY ARE NOT PAID LET THEM.SHUT DOWN EVERY, LET THE WHOLE NATION BE IN DARKNESS EVEN THE AIRPORT WILL BE SHUT DOWN.

SELFISH HEARTLESS POLITICIANS, THEY NEVER TAKE THE PAINS TO DO PROPER PLANNING BEFORE MAKING DECISIONS.

ALL THEY WANT IS TO SHARE THE MONEY.AND LET ALL OTHERS GO TO HELL

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) / Difference Between Peter Obi Presidential Rally And Tinubu Rally In Lagos(photos / EXPOSED: Why Saraki Must Be Jailed - Buhari Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.