Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nysc With Pregnancy - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc With Pregnancy (6493 Views)

Can Some One / Best Companies To Do Nysc With: / Forced Open-air Pregnancy Tests At Nysc Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc With Pregnancy by chy4luv: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2008
Pls i want to find out if you can still go to NYSC with 2months pregnancy.I heard they run pregnancy test for married women.Is it true? Bc if that they don't run test you can go with unnoticed pregnancy.
Pls any idea in the house bc i wouldn't want to wait for next year batch.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by ssRhino: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2008
Say the wont run any test and you are able to sneak in to the program, what happens when you start to show? would you be able to cover it up for the period of the program, that is if you have been able to scale through the camp, where they will make u to do the exercise and all the stress that comes with it, so think about it well, and be sure you have what it takes to do it.
I rather advice that you wait for the following year, so that you can really enjoy the fun of serving "your nation - Nigeria" "faithfully"

Anyhow, good luck with whatever choice u make.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by adeboo(f): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
But its like joining the army when u are pregnant.

I dont think it will be advisable due to the level of physical activities they will undergo.
Like the other poster said, couldnt u just wait till ur baby is born before u serve?

Am sure that they will be able to accommodate that- why dont u just wait till after the baby is born?
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by spoilt(f): 1:47am On Jan 30, 2008
There's no pregnancy test. but there are all kinds of physical activities. It may not be good for you. But i escaped every single one of them and i wasnt pregnant. Im too fragile to be frog jumping and running in the morning. angry
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by osisi5: 2:32am On Jan 30, 2008
I totally escaped NYSC and landed at Boston Airport by way of Gatwick
They may have a warrant out for my arrest in Zamfara
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by spoilt(f): 2:34am On Jan 30, 2008
NYSC is waiting for you whenever you return.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by osisi5: 2:35am On Jan 30, 2008
spoilt:

NYSC is waiting for you whenever you return.

By the time I return permanently,I'll be a grey haired pensioner.
Let them keep waiting
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by Ijiji1(m): 2:43am On Jan 30, 2008
Even gray haired pensioner can not run away from NYSC
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by blacklion(m): 4:13am On Jan 30, 2008
osisi,

hope you know that disqualifies you from any kind of public office or govt. employment in naija. also govt. can at any time stipulate production of nysc certificate before you access public services or benefits. many thought they were wise only to be thrown out of elected office when it was discovered that they dodged nysc

also, many companies insist on NYSC certificate for employment
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by stalker(f): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2008
Some camps in some states actually ask female corpers to go for the pregnancy test (like where i am serving, Borno State) but some sharp girls escaped it. Please wait till next year cos the physical activities u would go thru is really not for a pregnant woman. The soldiers would treat you like you are a new recruit.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by uchetobi(f): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2008
u may not be tested except u are showin and they want to confirm, but hey like everyone has suggested, camp is really a tedious affair il advise u to stay out until u give birth to avoid miscarriage or any such thing
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by Faitymine(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2008
Try and listen to the words of the wise people angel!
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by jkpretty(f): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2008
U don't have to go. I think the first trimester is usually the period u have to be most careful. And if its ur first Preg. then i don't think u know ur body system yet. The first preg is used to study the body system. Don't risk & later regret. kiss
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by janami(f): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2008
it is possible. i know some girls pregnant and in my camp. one didnt even know she was even pregnant sef. u just go for the three weeks stuff and then redeploy to the state u stay. No one cares weda u give birth to ur child in ur place of primary assignment or ur house. the trick is just taking care of urself and the baby. It is not all camps that screen u. mine didnt. smiley
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by almondjoy(f): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2008
chy4luv:

Please i want to find out if you can still go to NYSC with 2months pregnancy.I heard they run pregnancy test for married women.Is it true? Bc if that they don't run test you can go with unnoticed pregnancy.
Please any idea in the house bc i wouldn't want to wait for next year batch.

My dear, NYSC is not what you want to fool with during pregnancy.  Do you know where you will be posted to? If you are going to the North--may God help you! Please have your baby first and then go for your NYSC.  Most of the living conditions are deplorable and you are exposed to all kinds of "buka" food.  Health care might not be available within a 50 mile radius.  Please think of your baby before you embark on this journey.

It is irrelevant if the establishment carries out a pregnancy test.  You should concentrate on the health of you and your baby first!

Goodluck!
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by hanen(f): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
chick, u wont like urself. we actually had a womann that miscarried on camp. and i used to look at all the heavily women at our local government during the year, just dragging themselves around and going through the stress of registration and pasing out and stuff like that, Frankly i could do without that kind of wahala during my own pregnancy. Another woman entered premature labour while we were trying to do our passing out process.
Many people get away with it, but i won't advice it.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by osisi5: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
blacklion:

osisi,

hope you know that disqualifies you from any kind of public office or govt. employment in naija. also govt. can at any time stipulate production of nysc certificate before you access public services or benefits. many thought they were wise only to be thrown out of elected office when it was discovered that they dodged nysc

also, many companies insist on NYSC certificate for employment

na lie

are they that serious?
I'm hoping that before my sojourn is over one of my relatives will win election and make me commisioner for health or women affairs.
Are you saying I'm required to produce evidence of one year slavery in interior Zamfara before I can begin to[b]" fill my Ghana must go"[/b] grin

biko don't alarm me unnecessarily
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by janami(f): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2008
@osisi
discharge certificate is very mandatory now in nigeria, except u are working for a relative or urself, then u need to have a discharge certificate to work on the graduate level in nigeria now, whether public or private. i went to zamfara for service. I found the place very peaceful, especially the local govt i served in. It was ok. Though in the beginning i felt misplaced. i took only eva water in camp and didnt even touch the camp food. Ate only rice and indomie for fear of my stomach, but after camp, i enjoyed zm enough
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by osisi5: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
knowing where we come from,I'm sure those discharge certificates can be made and bought at Aba. grin
I have a cousin that I heard paid someone to serve for her a few years ago in Taraba and she showed up only at key times.
I was horrified that our nation was so decayed that someone can pose as someone else for almost a year without any qualms
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by almondjoy(f): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2008
+osisi:

knowing where we come from,I'm sure those discharge certificates can be made and bought at Aba. grin
I have a cousin that I heard paid someone to serve for her a few years ago in Taraba and she showed up only at key times.
I was horrified that our nation was so decayed that someone can pose as someone else for almost a year without any qualms

He he he he he he he he he he!

So how do you think some of us escaped? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

God bless Nigeria!

hanen:

chick, u wont like yourself.

we actually had a womann that miscarried on camp. and i used to look at all the heavily women at our local government during the year, just dragging themselves around and going through the stress of registration and pasing out and stuff like that, Frankly i could do without that kind of wahala during my own pregnancy.

Another woman entered premature labour while we were trying to do our passing out process.
Many people get away with it, but i won't advice it.

Preach it sista!  I say it is only if you do not like yourself you will embark on such a hazardous journey!  Doing the NYSC thingy without pregnancy is bad enough!   If you are the morning sickness type till the 10th month of pregnancy--don't even try it.  I say the whole place smells of guys urinating everywhere. You will spit till you lose all your electrolytes and dehydrate to thy kingdom come! cheesy

Me just run come America je je come deliver without stress! Went to collect ma certificate after settling those guys at "Thomas Animashaun" in Aguda Surulere there! cool

Tufiakwa!
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by jkpretty(f): 9:19am On Jan 31, 2008
Almondjoy u are really a case.

Well those before us made Nigeria so, i'll be going by march & don't really know if i'll finish up.
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by tonia2000(f): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2008
@Poster

If you think you can cope,you may try it.I remember when i was in camp,there were some pregnant women around ,and they were considered in most occasions and didn't take part in tedious activities.cheers
Re: Nysc With Pregnancy by janami(f): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2008
yeah. someone else can serve for u, but not in camp. for that 3 weeks, dem go catch u o. we are talking millitary here. But ofcourse, the rest of the year is different. just get someone to do it for you. As for aba duplicates, there are so many pple who went that way and have been paraded on tv. i felt pity for them o. even one of our governors was dragged to court for it. the consequences is not too good. but me, i enjoyed service sha o smiley

(1) (Reply)

Taraba B16 Let's Meet / What Were Your Monthly Savings As A Corps Member//? / DELTA Stream2 Batcha'16: Get In Here...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.