Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi (6950 Views)

Caption These Pics Of Mrs Osinbajo,Mrs Ambode,Gov Ajimobi & His Wife Mrs Ajimobi / Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi / In Conclusion,mrs. Ajimobi Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by takedat(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
taharqa: So the governor of Oyo has the power to put the London Metropolitan police under 'some political pressure' such that they 'caved in'? Wondaful!.... I honestly dont know where sm of you keep yr brains b4 commenting. It beats me every time
Eventhough we might not agree on all things but i see you as the only Pro GEJ who is mostly objective
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by taharqa: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new:
You dey craze for yansh... grin

Stop wagging your tongue if you don't know what a conspiracy theory is.
Doesn't mean it's a fact but only suggesting a possibility of money exchanging hands duh!
My frnd if you want to write a ' conspiracy theorem' novel or smthing, go ahead and do so. Just make d fiction a little more believable to yr readers than you just did on this thread... All d best on yr aspiring career
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Olaone1: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
We've heard you, madam. undecided undecided

Now, bog off! angry
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by floriana(m): 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
If you have ever conquered a state treasury before u will understand Mrs Ajimobi wella. But when u conquer the treasury of SW biggest state, you are sure more than just any other pedestrian conquer. That's it
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by taharqa: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
IykeD:

Guilty conscience ma'm! Who do you plan to deceive? Why should your kid(s) be in a secondary school in the UK?
Yea, i noticed this too. Very shameful. The elites (esp those in govt) in dis country needs to be lined up and properly floggd...their penchant for anything not Nigerian is disgraceful
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
floriana: If you have ever conquered a state treasury before u will understand Mrs Ajimobi wella. But when u conquer the treasury of SW biggest state, you are sure more than just any other pedestrian conquer. That's it
Please tell them o! And I'm also aware of their daughters conquering the Lagos social stratum.
Talk about small girls doing big things smh!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by coogar: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new:
So how come it came up in the news and don't you vouch for the London MET because you never can tell.

you can only say this because you are ignorant.........
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by MrGlobe(m): 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
YOU ARE NOT ANY CONQUEROR, ENOUGH WITH THIS BULLCRAP. ADDRESS THE QUESTION, WERE YOU CAUGHT WITH ANY MONEY? YES OR NO. ME I GO WITH YES.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
She sounds immature. I don't think she should disclose so much info about her private life, just to justify the fact that she is telling the truth.

If she wasn't arrested, and the MET has confirmed it, that's it. No need for Passport Photocopy, and her telling the world about her 14 year old daughter in London...

As a wise woman, your main duty is to protect your family, and keep things about your family affairs private.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Abagworo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
She said: “I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my
husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we
went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei,
we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos.
The
record is there in my international passport. I can give
you my passport to photocopy.
“It was also alleged that I had travelled out of Nigeria 52
times
since my husband assumed office.

That sounds
very ridiculous to me. It means I do not even live in
Nigeria. Like I said, we can make photocopies of my
passport for verification.”

Bad news for ACN. They might lose the SW in 2015 with the way things are going.This woman talked as carelessly as a 12 year old. She made 6 return trips in a stretch plus the London-Naija which makes it 8. Wahala dey!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by nduchucks: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
She said: “I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei, we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos

wow, you people have now become globe trotters spending awoof money belonging to the people of Oyo. What official business were you people conducting in Hong Kong, Dubai, and Taipei? Freaking lying barawos.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by aPr: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Politicians know how gullible we are, Ibori was in Nigeria so many years after he had a case to answer in UK Alams also escaped London MET police how come if they did not look the other way, we know their way politians have always stolen from the nation one way or the other. This Ajimobi was a senator in 1999 with AD so he has always been in Govt, ACN, PDP PPA APGA they cover each others back so long as their is something for them in it.eg Gov Obi is a close pal of Jonathan Asiwaju tinubu sold ACN votes to Jona
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by ryom(m): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
There is a possibility she was 'invited for a friendly chat' if she had a large amount of declared cash on her. That is not the same thing as being arrested. It is also possible the Mets may have wanted to investigate further but subsequently deciding against this if they thought case was 'not in the public interest'. Overall, I suspect may have travelled with a large amount of declared cash. In the interest of probity, I would opine her excellency declared her UK assets, including bank balances with appropriate explanation of how these were acquired. That way the political detractors will be genuinely silenced as they will have to do same to match the pedestal.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Anvaller: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
don't be deceived by all the fotocopy thing as is if she is benig transparent, dual citizens must not always travel with one national identity. U can decide to make one trip using Nigerian identity and some other trips using ur other national identity. that is why politicians like to have citizenship other than Nigeria in secret then it is more difficult to monitor their travels. what kind of official trip is she making with her husband touring the length and breadth of Asia? Na waaa ooo
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by hoyehdiran: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
Why can't her kids be in a secondary school in the UK? What's the fuss about that.... You believed PM news story without confirmation but you couldn't believe her own account...shows how impartial you are
IykeD:

Guilty conscience ma'm! Who do you plan to deceive? Why should your kid(s) be in a secondary school in the UK?
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by staffingx: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
gbogboti: Honestly, Nigerians are too gullible. To God! So all of you saying shame on PM news are this blind? You think London Police are not humans? You think they can't bow down to diplomatic pressure? Are we saying "there can be smoke without fire?". To every rumour, there are droplets of truth. The politicians know we are very gullible, ethic and ethno-political. I "ll be back...

i bow for your level of ignorance
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

you can only say this because you are ignorant.........
why don't you enlighten me? Nonsense!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by olagamalin(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new: I'm suspecting the story got covered up. Maybe the Governor and his crew found a way to sweep the whole episode under the carpet. Even the London Metropolitan police will cave in under some political pressure.
CavE IN!!!!, for who, I suppose...mmsheww
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by ijigbamigb(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
take dat: Eventhough we might not agree on all things but i see you as the only Pro GEJ who is mostly objective

Tarhaqa is one of the very objective (though obsessed with the GEJs Transformation Agenda) analysts on here.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by umra8901(f): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Keneking: Sorry, is there no direct flight from Lagos to Taipei. Smh
Did you read where she said from
Lagos to Dubai to Hong Kong and then Taipei.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Elueme: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
I stand on the solid rock of Jesus Christ and all other grounds are sinking sand.

“This is a phase and it will pass over, because I am more than a conqueror. It is the price I have to pay as the wife of a politician, particularly in Oyo State, where there is a record of dirty politics. I do not have any blemish in my wardrobe and I am never going to have any.”
Mrs Ajimobi said contrary to another rumour that she was arrested two weeks ago, she travelled with her husband to Taipei, Asia, through Dubai, for an official assignment.

She said: “I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei, we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos. The record is there in my international passport. I can give you my passport to photocopy

“It was also alleged that I had travelled out of Nigeria 52 times since my husband assumed office. That sounds very ridiculous to me. It means I do not even live in Nigeria. Like I said, we can make photocopies of my passport for verification.”

.Hope madam first lady knows the consequences of lying in God's name?
.Madam , first lady travels the world with oga, in the name of official trips, serz shocked with state's fund, na wa o
.Why didn't madam first lady show the photocopy of the pass port? Didn't know it takes days to make photocopy of a few page document

I still stand with PM news, no smoke gathers without fire..
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Dede1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
Madam Ajimobi, what happened to secondary schools and universities your husband seems to support? Are the schools in your stated meant for children from Mars? ACN is a political party full of moronic ninnies.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by nduchucks: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
I trust people like Gbawe for standing for the truth. I wonder why he has been silent on this issue. Where is Eko ile or other ACN sycophants to explain these issues to us? Oyo o ni baje o. cheesy
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by tonym1(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
THE STORY HAS BEEN COVERED UP BY THE MET POLICE, THEY THEMSELVES ARE CORRUPT BUT NOT AS BAD AS NIGERIAN ONES grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by airmark(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
A statement from PM NEWS Management

Mrs Florence Ajimobi, wife of the Oyo state Governor,
returned to Nigeria Wednesday morning from the United Kingdom.

She literally walked into a maelstrom, triggered by reports online 
that she was arrested by the London Metropolitan Police.
Understandably, she devoted her press
 conference at the Murtala Muhammed Airport to debunk the reports.

Just like Mrs. Ajimobi, pmnewsnigeria.com has had to cope 
with a turbulence of its own as reactions poured forth over its online report 
that appeared to give a seal of authenticity to earlier reports by some bloggers that Mrs.
Ajimobi was arrested by the Metro Police in the UK.
Reports about the purported arrest had gone viral since the weekend. On Tuesday, pmnewsnigeria.com, sought to tear through the web and 
ascertain the truth by first of all visiting the site of the organization and checking its data base for any mention of “Mrs Ajimobi”.
Its search drew blank. It also similarly searched for her name on the website of Her Majesty’s Customs Service. Again, the search turned up nothing. These efforts were reflected in the story.
Still trying to dig the truth, pmnewsnigeria.com sent an e-mail to the London Metropolitan Police,
asking the organisation to confirm or deny whether the woman was ever arrested.

It was a familiar path in investigative journalism that the company behind
 pmnewsnigeria.com had trodden so many times before, one of which was over the certificate forgery and age 
claims of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives.

After about one hour, pmnewsnigeria.com got a response from the 
Metropolitan Police, that said at the bottom of its query: “Confirmation: Yes”.

In another part of the response, MET said: “Thank you 
for your email. I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you 
under the Data Protection Act.” It was signed by “The Email Office,
Lambeth CCC, Metropolitan Police.”

Pmnewsnigeria.com wrote its report about the ‘confirmation of 
the arrest’ based on this response.
At the point of writing the report, the pmnewsnigeria.com team, interpreted the MET’s “Confirmation : Yes”, as a
 confirmation of the question they had asked, viz: “We are trying to confirm
 whether the story(about Mrs. Ajimobi) is true and whether the MET is planning
 to press a charge”.

Was this where the team went wrong?
Events thereafter appeared to suggest that the e-mail response was a mere auto-response, its standard, robotized and programmed answer to all enquiries.
The team was misled by it and had acted on it innocently.
Since then, the Oyo state government, acting on behalf of Mrs Ajimobi has vehemently denied the report and also threatened to sue the website.
Since then, 
the attorney-general of Oyo state has 
made another contact with the same London Metropolitan Police and got one-liner response from a Mr. Rob Singh of the Press Bureau of Metropolitan 
Police, Scotland Yard:

“Re your press query. I am afraid we 
have no knowledge.”

On our part, we have carried out further checks. And we have found nothing to justify the pmnewsnigeria.com story. Several reporters within the organization have also mailed the Metro Police, separately, asking the same question that pmnewsnigeria.com had asked in an earlier e-mail.
They all got the same response, with a note at the bottom of the mail saying: “Confirmation: Yes”. This further confirmed pmnewsnigeria.com belief that it has been a victim of a computer game.
In line, with journalistic best practices, management wants to formally disassociate pmnewsnigeria.com with the content of this story and apologise to Mrs Ajimobi and all our readers for this reportorial error.
One salient point that we want to make, as management, is that pmnewsnigeria.com did not deliberately go out of its way to seek to malign Mrs Ajimobi or bring her into
public opprobrium. Its story was not also the product of any political machination.
The quest for the truth in the public interest is this website’s duty. It is what the site pursued in the case of Mrs. Ajimobi.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/11/01/pmnewsnigeria-com-mrs-ajimobi-and-london-metropolitan-police/
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by NovusHomo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Anvaller: don't be deceived by all the fotocopy thing as is if she is benig transparent, dual citizens must not always travel with one national identity. U can decide to make one trip using Nigerian identity and some other trips using ur other national identity. that is why politicians like to have citizenship other than Nigeria in secret then it is more difficult to monitor their travels. what kind of official trip is she making with her husband touring the length and breadth of Asia? Na waaa ooo

And the case of the husband's US citizenship? How did that end?

“I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London. From Lagos, we went to Dubai, then Hong Kong and Taipei. From Taipei, we returned to Hong Kong, Dubai and back to Lagos. The record is there in my international passport. I can give you my passport to photocopy.

What official capacity is there in being a governor's wife? I guess every member of the family is now an official of Oyo State, what with the daughter being some sort of adviser to the father! Wahala dey o!
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Myself2(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
More than a conqueror my black as.s
Pray tell,who have you conquered?oh I see,you have conquered the treasury of Oyo state government,the hapless people of Oyo state,and other gullible Nigerians like the clueless bunch here on nairaland who have ignorantly been abusing PM news

She is making all these opprobius noise because her husband has embarked on serious damage control;with hefty bribes of course,even PM news will soon sing a new song.

I now see one of the ways Mr Ajimobi is spending the state's security votes;what do you expect to see when a governor collects billions of naira in the name of security votes and is not required to render an account of how he/she spent that money shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by farem: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
saxywale: Ibori and his wife were also once more than conquerors.
so where were ibori and wife before becoming delta governor? Every discerning mind knew if was a con man [TELL & THENEWS Magazines] carried substantial report on him but was stupidly ignored by 'ruling clique'. Why are you comparing these Ajimobis wit Iboris? Cant you just enlighten your dullest brain by reading something on them even from ever-free wiki-pedia?
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by IykeD(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
hoyehdiran: Why can't her kids be in a secondary school in the UK? What's the fuss about that.... You believed PM news story without confirmation but you couldn't believe her own account...shows how impartial you are

I believe you can read well Mr. How does my comment support PM News publication. I only made reference to the fact that a serving Gov's wards are schooling abroad, not just for tertiary education but Secondary school. And she tried to be smart by saying the ward had been there since 2007. Why do you think our educational systems are in shambles? If the children of those who are meant to make it work are taking their kids abroad for all forms of education, then we are all doomed. I am sure most of them even have their kids in Nursery and primary Schools abroad.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Gbawe: 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
IykeD:

Have you ever taken time to look at Governor Ajimobi's professional history? Can some of you , before you talk, ever make allowance for how there are very talented folks out there who are wealthy because of their ability? This simplistic take on life won't get many of you anywhere. Go and look at the man's Professional record to see he could always afford to educate his children in the UK and stop this nauseatingly unfair character assassination and witch hunt.

It is the sort of frustrated 'bad belle' mentality that got those poor boys lynched in ALUU by savages !!! If you cannot afford to educate your children privately in the UK, does that mean everyone doing so has achieved it with Nigeria's money? What kind of nonsensical reasoning is that? One thing I am sure about in life is that success never heads towards the hateful and spiteful who always assume the worst of others because of their material wealth.
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by Sleek05(f): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank u Gbawe 4 making so much sense. Cuz my parents stay in ib, during d elections, I studied d Gov Ajimobi's background and was so impressed. Dis man has reached d peak of his career, he was the MD of a prestigious oil company, had a lot of money before he came into power, yet, every small thn, dey accuse him of choppin dia money! Now dat d 'no smoke without fires' and d 'I'm with pm news on dis one' have been shamed because even pm news has apologised to the governor's wife, I hope Nigerians get 2 think next tym before embracing any poo written by opposition parties. Dat report was so badly written, belongs in d trash, yet d 'no smoke without fire' idiots took it in hook, line and sinker. Smh
Re: I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi by nduchucks: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Would any of you care to share with us, the official business which took Madam Conqueror to in Hong Kong, Dubai, and Taipei? Mucho Gracias.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Heard Radio Biafra 97.6? / Peter Obi Talks About “Citizens Participation In Governance” In Washington DC / Tunisia Deports 98 Nigerians For Immigration Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.