Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider (7874 Views)

Top 10 Largest Cruise Ships In The World. / World’s Largest Shark Ever Caught / Microsoft Is Closing Hotmail And Moving Everyone To Outlook.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Lexusgs430: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
seedord247: This the work of android phones bcus there's no way you gonna own a android phone without using a gmail account. cool

Isn't this good innovative business thinking?
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
sammietos:

Yahoo mail actually ranks first only in the USA, these days most people settle for gmail accounts. One of the reasons is its compatibility with mobile devices.
Even in the US, many people are switching over to gmail.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
People no longer use yahoomail nowadays cuz of spam msg. Google is more reliable

Imagine my yahoomail being filled with 1000 spam in 2 days after deleting 10,253 spam msg last week...
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Revolva(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ranks007: As far I am concern GMAIL is the world's best email facility. The ideas and technical know to aid certain circumstances unknown to the providers of its importance was all invested in gmail where as those little things lacking in yahoo and Hotmail.

The list below;

1. Auto Saving of texts just in case of power outage.
2. Using a phrase you can remember to search an old email
3. Basic alternative to access your inbox just in case you have slow connection
4. Security - Notifying you of any unfamiliar IP just in case you logged into your account from an unusual location
5. Statement of your account activity grin
6. Unlimited Space.
7. Section dedicated for your documents
8. Less stressful registration form but uses phones numbers to authenticate genuine users

That's what I can remember now. Gmail initiated all the above interestingly I had had similar ideas by intuition of how an yahoo or hotmail should have restructured the email interface usage to meet that taste of satisfaction. Any day anytime I am down for a Google technology!

True talk you said it all - I f**ing hate yahoo emails full of junk and not mobile friendly these days with gmail - and hotmail am sure they are reliable
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
Not impressed. "G" has monopolized much of the internet as far as popular sites and thus has forced many of the users or visitors to sign up to fully enjoy them. I cannot read certain articles, visit websites that were once "free to roam" or even have a youtube account without having to go through "G".

Most ppl i know who are habitual web surfers such as myself, have two + g. accounts because of this.

Its big business for them but annoying to me.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
adoniza: Gmail definitely, is the best. Althoug outlook is very fantastic as well.

outlook is an email client, not an email provider
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
seedord247: This the work of android phones bcus there's no way you gonna own a android phone without using a gmail account. cool

Lol gbam! Exactly! grin
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
webdezzi:

outlook is an email client, not an email provider
Outlook is now an email provider.

1 Like

Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
YahooMail is for spams. . . .that's why I used it to register for NL.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
*Kails*:
Not impressed. "G" has monopolized much of the internet as far as popular sites and thus has forced many of the users or visitors to sign up to fully enjoy them. I cannot read certain articles, visit websites that were once "free to roam" or even have a youtube account without having to go through "G".

Most ppl i know who are habitual web surfers such as myself, have two + g. accounts because of this.

Its big business for them but annoying to me.

That is sooooooooooo true. Esp for new phones.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by pappilo(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2012

Exactly. I have a Gmail account and it will be classed as active cos I have no choice but use it for all my Android stuff but my 2 Yahoo email accounts which I have had for 13 and 11 years are my main email accounts.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
Is hotmail still existing? Gmail na baba even all my websites uses google business apps for emailing and I also know say nairaland dey use am.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by a1solution: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ranks007: As far I am concern GMAIL is the world's best email facility. The ideas and technical know to aid certain circumstances unknown to the providers of its importance was all invested in gmail where as those little things lacking in yahoo and Hotmail.

The list below;

1. Auto Saving of texts just in case of power outage.
2. Using a phrase you can remember to search an old email
3. Basic alternative to access your inbox just in case you have slow connection
4. Security - Notifying you of any unfamiliar IP just in case you logged into your account from an unusual location
5. Statement of your account activity grin
6. Unlimited Space.
7. Section dedicated for your documents
8. Less stressful registration form but uses phones numbers to authenticate genuine users

That's what I can remember now. Gmail initiated all the above interestingly I had had similar ideas by intuition of how an yahoo or hotmail should have restructured the email interface usage to meet that taste of satisfaction. Any day anytime I am down for a Google technology!
YOU ARE RIGHT ANYBODY USING YAHOOMAIL THESE DAYS IS TAKING RISK. POOR SERVICE EVERY TIME ESPECIALLY THE CAPTCHA CODE ISSUE YOU ENTER FOR ALMOST 100 TIMES AND IT WONT WORK WHEREBY YOU MAY LOOSE ACCOUNT AS RESULT OF THAT. PHONE CAN NOT ACCESS YAHOO EASILY.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by xprimate(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ok O, but if not for yahoo watin yahoo boys for do. maga for no pay.
Just passing sha grin grin
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by chelseabmw(m): 4:14am On Nov 03, 2012
How will gmail not become the world largest email provider when 100% of YAHOO BOIZ are using this account angry angry I get lots of mail from this account as spam.... Lets do the calculation here.If there are 2million yahoo boiz in nigeria then gmail is entitled to have almost 20million account from nigeria alone cheesy

Gbam over n out
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Mckybarf(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2012
sammietos:

http://www.techspot.com/news/50678-gmail-finally-overtakes-hotmail-as-worlds-top-email-service.html
http://tosinoluwalowo..com/2012/11/gmail-beats-hotmail-to-become-world.html
i must honestly admit that gmail has evolved positvely in recent times. Yahoo mail used to be my number one but lately their mobile service has been nothing to write home about- pretty annoying, in fact. Hotmail on the other hand has become a rather pathetic lot. Gmail, however, gets better by the minute.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by tzars(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2012
Why dem no go overtake others? All andriod fones gat to be registered with a gmail account and with the explosion of andriod fones users, your guess is as good as mine.
Case closed.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
Exactly! And youtube inclusive.
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by Htown64(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
pendusky: I totz as much,yahoomail not realiable nowadays...
I can't even access my yahoo accounts anymore..... Constant Invalid userID or password.

1 Like

Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by pendusky(m): 12:17am On Nov 04, 2012
Htown64: I can't even access my yahoo accounts anymore..... Constant Invalid userID or password.
Use computer to loggin and change the password, logout and login 2ur fb...then open another tap and try to open ur yahoo tru 'login via fb' buton... Its d easiest way now adays...
Re: Gmail Beats Hotmail To Become World Largest Email Provider by joeyarticles: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2016
Thats nice to hear, we now have Gmail and Hotmail competing for supremacy, just like we have comScore and Quantcast and the oga Alexa, saw an article on it on Tech Pent.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paradoxes / Download Paid Android Apps For Free From Google Play Store / Whatsapp For Android Phone And Tablet Download Now | Www.whatsapp.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.