Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! (968 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by derint(m): 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
What do you think of the Nigeria vs ghana match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by folahann(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2008
If they keep playing like this then I'm sorry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by derint(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2008
Nigeria Play 3 matches scored two goals and conceeded one! Not bad!
All thanks to Ivory coast.
I think all we need is to score more goals!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by anusule(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
WE LOST ONLY ONE MATCH
WE CAN BEAT GHANA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by derint(m): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
anusule:

WE LOST ONLY ONE MATCH
WE CAN BEAT GHANA.

I am with you my brother. I think Ghana will bring out the best from those boys.
For now they know they are not invisible.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by McKren(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
Ivory Coast should have spared us a future heart break by playing draw
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by Phiniter(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
anusule:

WE LOST ONLY ONE MATCH
WE CAN BEAT GHANA.

Not too fast cox we

/Won only One Matck dough
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by tommyex(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2008
If KANU plays we can beat Ghana

If he doesnt and we play a defensive lineup we can beat them on the counter-attack since we have pacy strikers

Lets see what the Dumb Volks employs though.We can win Ghana.
Its sunday 6pm
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by folahann(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
This is miraculous qualification may be we could see another miracle
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by goodguy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2008
McKren:

Ivory Coast should have spared us a future heart break by playing draw

There won't be any heart attack if we lose to Ghana. They're the host, and are actually expected to win. The only heart attack Nigeria would have suffered was if we had not gone past the first round of the tournament, which CIV has graciously helped us prevent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by bolaoni(m): 3:55am On Jan 30, 2008
tommyex:

If he doesnt and we play a defensive lineup we can beat them on the counter-attack since we have pacy strikers

Interesting! And who are those pacy strikers? embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by sley4life(m): 4:34am On Jan 30, 2008
tommyex:

If KANU plays we can beat Ghana

Lets see what the Dumb Volks employs though.We can win Ghana.
Its sunday 6pm

Is Kanu a magician?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by admirelust(f): 4:36am On Jan 30, 2008
i think nigeria can still meet up,at dey r trying but we dnt ve a scorer
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by admirelust(f): 4:39am On Jan 30, 2008
hi sley r u der
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by admirelust(f): 4:41am On Jan 30, 2008
who is kanu,he is too old 4 d game,he use to fall down,i think we need sum body like okocha as in a scorere
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by salinco(m): 8:16am On Jan 30, 2008
admirelust:

who is kanu,he is too old 4 d game,he use to fall down,i think we need sum body like okocha as in a scorere
Kanu is not that bad but very impresive if use in the 2nd-half. That low rated coach (Vogts) should know how, when to use any player.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by uchetobi(f): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2008
well since we'v broken the jinx of goalless-ness besides yesterday has thougt me to believe in miracles so i'l say we stand a good chance of defeating Ghana
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by 2ceSharp(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2008
A quick one, The Super eagles have a good squad, they just didn't have the right formation. But i think they discovered that yesterday. Dickson in the midfield in front of goal allowed mikel to push upfront to supply the strikers balls which led to the goals. If they can retain that squad they'll stand a chance against Ghana. Personally i suggest, if Kanu can play, that they use the formation:-
Austin Ejide (GKP)
Obinna Nwaneri, Yobo, Shittu and Taye Taiwo (Def)
Dickson (Def Midfield)
Kanu and Mikel (Att Midfield)
Utaka (right) Uche (left)
Ayegbeni (striker)

A quick one for Ghana also , BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by metro(m): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2008
2ceSharp:

A quick one, The Super eagles have a good squad, they just didn't have the right formation. But i think they discovered that yesterday. Dickson in the midfield in front of goal allowed mikel to push upfront to supply the strikers balls which led to the goals. If they can retain that squad they'll stand a chance against Ghana. Personally i suggest, if Kanu can play, that they use the formation:-
Austin Ejide (GKP)
Obinna Nwaneri, Yobo, Shittu and Taye Taiwo (Def)
Dickson (Def Midfield)
Kanu and Mikel (Att Midfield)
Utaka (right) Uche (left)
Ayegbeni (striker)

A quick one for Ghana also , BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID,

guy which way sef were u put my osazee sef haba naim be our match winner na,
if na d 2 yellow card 4het regulations is after dis round d yellow card no hold water again and as for Kanu startin he shud made to sit and read the game b4 comin as a sub in the second half of the game since dats were he performs his superlative form (e.g Kanu 3 chelsea 2/ 2001 seaon weh he was still in arsenal and many other xample) build on this present eleven dat won the benin dou they are still not perfect make sure player like Olofinjana and Makinwa never see the green and whyte jersey of nigeria again dereafter he (bito volks) shud trow in the towel with his tail between his legs after the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana Your Thoughts! by Horus(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
Ghana vrs Nigeria

The traditional soccer rivalry between Ghana and Nigeria will be renewed when the on-going 26th MTN African Cup of Nations enters the quarter-finals stage this Sunday at 5pm. This follows Nigeria's Super Eagles' 2-0 win over the Eagles of Mali in their last Group B game at the Essipon Stadium yesterday, after the Black Stars had on Monday demolished the Atlas Lions of Morocco in the Group A game at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium in Accra.The match that will be played at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium on Sunday,is expected to offer lots of excitement and hostilities usually associated with matches involving the two traditional sports rivals.The Stars spanked the Atlas Lions 2-0 to top Group A whilst Nigeria placed second to Cote d’Ivoire in Group B. Much as both nations would have liked to avoid each other, at least through the quarter-finals stage, their wishes could not be achieved. And as luck evaded both teams, they are now bound to face each other in Accra, the home grounds of the Black Stars.

In their battle into the quarter stage, the Stars won all their three group matches. They defeated Guinea in the opening encounter 2-1, scored a lone goal victory over the unfancied Namibia and got the spectacular 2-0 win over Morocco. The Super Eagles, though found the going much tougher, losing 0-1 to Cote d’Ivoire in their first game, and drawing goalless with Mali. They, however, girded their loins to record a respectable 2-0 win over Benin to reach the second spot in the table that is topped by the Ivorians.

Nigeria’s form has not been one of the best.

Sunday’s encounter, described as "a game of survival between traditional rivals", will certainly draw a spectatorship that will rival the crowd at the opening ceremony of the tournament.And despite the traditional sports rivalry existing between the two nations, a win for Ghana would enhance her position to achieve the "host and win" slogan that could equal Egypt’s fifth time record. On paper, Nigeria and Ghana are almost at par with stars playing in European soccer. The Eagles have veteran Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth), who is currently on the injury list after being taken off in their first game against the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire. Others are Obafemi Martins (Newcastle), John Utaka (Portsmouth), Taye Taiwo (Marseile) and John Obi Mikel (Chelsea).Ghana, on the other hand, has inspirer Michael Essien (Chelsea), Richard Kingson (Birmingham City), Junior Agogo (Nottingham Forest) John Painstil (West Ham), John Mensah (Rennes), Laryea Kinston (Hearts of Scotland), Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth), Andre Ayew (Marseille).The Stars in their pre-tournament friendly against the Eagles, won 4-1 in a game that both nations fielded all their star players. But, considering Nigeria’s performance from the start of the tournament until they won yesterday’s match, the sparkle that had made the team ignite in such tournaments seems to have dimmed down. Their performance even led to their own supporters calling for the head of coach Berti Vogts. However, winning yesterday’s game would ginger them into action when they meet Ghana on Sunday. But whether the Eagles could achieve their avowed aim of upstaging the Stars, whose performance had been luckluster until Monday’s match, will be decided on Sunday. Fans can expect one of the most thrilling games yet to be played in the tournament. In the other Group B match at the Ohene Djan Stadium yesterday, Cote d’Ivoire thrashed Mali 3-0. The Ivorians will meet Group A second-positioned Guinea at the Essipon Stadium at 8:30pm.

Source: http://www.thestatesmanonline.com/pages/news_detail.php?newsid=5652&section=3

(1) (Reply)

Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team / And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: / Fifa U17 Womens World Cup Quarter Final Nigeria Vs South Korea 9pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.