Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? (1087 Views)

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? / Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Is there a reason why we age? I am thinking that for humans, advancing in age may be suggestion that human beings have a life and purpose hereafter. It is based on my observations that I ask the question why do we not remain as babies? Why do we grow from childhood and what is the reason for the transitions that the human body undergoes? Where there was once no hair would have hair and then not have hair again. We grow wrinkles on what were velvety silk skins and bodies. Do we agree that it is possible that death can be the end of human existence? I am trying to avoid a religious bent to my queries but will it not be a very shaky assumption to imagine that it all ends in death? If it did not end in infancy, and did not end in puberty, and did not end in adulthood, can death be the end? Death may just be one stage of even a longer chain that we do not know for possibly limitations of our current stage in the same ways a 5 year old may be unable to lead a war.

1 Like

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ATMC(f): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
@topic, death is a transition into another life just as adolescent is a transition into adulthood. As for ageing, i don't think humans are designed to age ab initio, i said this because scientifically, d cells of d human body's been proved to regenerate every 5 to 6 years. This accounts for disappearance or diminishing of scars after some years. D body has an inherent ability to reproduce new cells so long as one eats protein.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmmm. So the body loses the ability to produce or regenerate cells at some point? Why does the cycle end?Could there be a reason, or it is preparation for some continuity we are oblivious of.

Thanks though.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ATMC(f): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
No, d body never looses d ability toreproduce new cells. I'm yet to understand y we age? I'm as curious as you in this matter. Peradventure this thread makes it to d front page, someone might quash this curiousity of ours. In d meantime, maybe ageing is a prelude to death but how about those dt die without ageing? I believe there's a common factor between ageing and death. Nonetheless i'm not afraid of both!

1 Like

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
You are so right. There is more confusion when death occurs naturally to persons at earlier stages of the ageing process. Neither am I afraid of both.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by mkmyers45(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
ATMC: No, d body never looses d ability toreproduce new cells. I'm yet to understand y we age? I'm as curious as you in this matter. Peradventure this thread makes it to d front page, someone might quash this curiousity of ours. In d meantime, maybe ageing is a prelude to death but how about those dt die without ageing? I believe there's a common factor between ageing and death. Nonetheless i'm not afraid of both!
Ageing is a disease..as i have shown before on this forum current medical research in the next 50 years will help us to master and control the process of ageing and understanding death..Atleast the lifetime of a mouse have been laboratory extended by almost 100%
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ijawkid(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2012
mkmyers45: Ageing is a disease..as i have shown before on this forum current medical research in the next 50 years will help us to master and control the process of ageing and understanding death..Atleast the lifetime of a mouse have been laboratory extended by almost 100%

Can a mouse now live forever??

1 Like

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by mkmyers45(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2012
ijawkid:

Can a mouse now live forever??
duh.... undecided
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by Olodo1: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
That is why i believe in reincanation.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ijawkid(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
mkmyers45: duh.... undecided

What did you say??
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by benodic: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
ageing is part of the natural cycle of life. i do not know why humans always try to alter natural cycles. we are strangers here. we come to learn, grow and when it is time to leave, we leave and go back to the source where we came from. this natural cycle is actually supposed to be embraced and welcomed but because man has lost his way and is filled with fear of what happens after, nobody wants to age talk less of dying.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by pastormustwacc: 5:18am On Nov 03, 2012
^^^^You wan go on permanent soul-travel ni? You cant really compare yourself with everyone.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
benodic:
ageing is part of the natural cycle of life. i do not know why humans always try to alter natural cycles. we are strangers here. we come to learn, grow and when it is time to leave, we leave and go back to the source where we came from. this natural cycle is actually supposed to be embraced and welcomed but because man has lost his way and is filled with fear of what happens after, nobody wants to age talk less of dying.

I wish we had some more knowledge of the "source". Maybe that will provide some physical insights.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by benodic: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ dabigwalls

I wish we had some more knowledge of the "source". Maybe that will provide some physical insights.

the knowledge is there for those who are interested. but you must be ready to make the journey within to access the knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by mkmyers45(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijawkid:

What did you say??
You question was st.upid in relation to my comment
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ijawkid(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
mkmyers45: You question was st.upid in relation to my comment

Ok sir .......

Carry Go!!!!!!
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ATMC(f): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
mkmyers45: You question was st.upid in relation to my comment
no, i don't think dt was a stupiddd question. Not at all, cos i meant to ask same, how long is a life span dt is increased by 100 percent? Again, is increase in life span related to ageing? I asked d second cos i'd seen some pple in their late twenties looking thirties and also d opposite. By the way, how's ageing a disease? I need to know
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by mkmyers45(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2012
ATMC: no, i don't think dt was a stupiddd question. Not at all, cos i meant to ask same, how long is a life span dt is increased by 100 percent? Again, is increase in life span related to ageing? I asked d second cos i'd seen some pple in their late twenties looking thirties and also d opposite. By the way, how's ageing a disease? I need to know
The general average lifespan of a normal mouse is 1.5 to 2 years. As of 2009,
the record holder is a mouse
whose growth hormone receptor had been genetically knocked out; it lived for 1819 days (almost 5 years). Now with countinued research a mouse can live into its 30's and still posses brain capabilities of a young mouse. Now imagine a 150yr old having the capacity to work matching a 25 year old? Its all rejuvenative medicine
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by ATMC(f): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
^stale news cheesy
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by mkmyers45(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
ATMC: ^stale news cheesy
how? Until the new record holder died it wont be recorded no? Also enough advances are bieng made in organ research, Earlier this year a woman had a new ear created and grown for her from her own skin and she can hear with that ear.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
dabigwalls: Is there a reason why we age? I am thinking that for humans, advancing in age may be suggestion that human beings have a life and purpose hereafter. It is based on my observations that I ask the question why do we not remain as babies? Why do we grow from childhood and what is the reason for the transitions that the human body undergoes? Where there was once no hair would have hair and then not have hair again. We grow wrinkles on what were velvety silk skins and bodies. Do we agree that it is possible that death can be the end of human existence? I am trying to avoid a religious bent to my queries but will it not be a very shaky assumption to imagine that it all ends in death? If it did not end in infancy, and did not end in puberty, and did not end in adulthood, can death be the end? Death may just be one stage of even a longer chain that we do not know for possibly limitations of our current stage in the same ways a 5 year old may be unable to lead a war.

Bro, kindly read A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (and also The Power of Now - by the same author).

1 Like

Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2014

Bro, kindly read A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (and also The Power of Now - by the same author).

I am just seeing this post now and just downloaded the publication. Fingers crossed because I don't know what to expect.Thank you.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dabigwalls: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
If only Mods could help push this to FP to see what directions and learning this discourse will provide.
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by dada01(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
We are here to complete Biological cycle.

If you father had not met ur mother, you wouldn't have been here.

Don't make mystery out of something that is clear.
Or do you think animals too have continuity after life? Cause they do age!
Re: Is Ageing A Sign That Death May Not Be The Last Bus Stop For Human Beings? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
dada01:
We are here to complete Biological cycle.

If you father had not met ur mother, you wouldn't have been here.

Don't make mystery out of something that is clear.
Or do you think animals too have continuity after life? Cause they do age!

Actually yes, animals DO have continuity after life, according to those who have accessed those realms. They have their separate place in the 'spirit' world.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Prophets / Difference Between JESUS And MUHAMMAD/ALLAH / Words Of Wisdom To Boko Haramist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.