Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? (13097 Views)

Top 10 Worst Courses In Nigerian Universities With Low Job Prospect. / Gis And Remote Sensing In FUTA / My Research Topic Is 'gis And Solid Waste Management' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by integrityfood: 11:58am On May 17, 2013
PalmTree: The form is out and it will close mid june.

Thanks for such prompt response. Please do you have idea of the fees (form n course n duration) eligibility e.i. requirement? my num is 08025669642 or integrityfood@gmail.com
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2013
Form fee: 25k, duration:12-18mths(depends on your seriousness)School fee is between 90k-150k(depending on how fast you finish) but as I have explained earlier to fully grasp the extent of GIS, you'll need much more than what the school can provide you. Cheers!
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by integrityfood: 2:59pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks a lot. based on your earlier advise, am considering taking webdesign, programming and powerpoint lessons. Are these the best combination for me??
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2013
Very good!
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2013
For starters, Very good!
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by integrityfood: 12:12pm On May 20, 2013
Thanks once again. pls a u in Ilorin? my kind of present job does not give me chance at all even on Saturdays. Hence am considering resigning. So I want to find out if Ilorin is vibrant such that if a use my car as taxi it could sustain my study for the period as there is no parttime provision at the moment. pls email me or leave ur num so further private discussion.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 7:27pm On May 20, 2013
tomimgis@gmail.com
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by integrityfood: 12:31pm On May 22, 2013
thanks
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by graciousamy: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ Palm Tree, so glad I came across this post. I recently got admission to study GIS, please I'll like to contact you for more info and discussions related to the course, I'll need someone to put me through. my number please send me your number. thank
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
gracious amy: @ Palm Tree, so glad I came across this post. I recently got admission to study GIS, please I'll like to contact you for more info and discussions related to the course, I'll need someone to put me through. my number is 07039088909, Amaka. please send me your number. thanks. amakagracious@gmail.com

Check your mail.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2013
Hello Everyone, it gladdens my heart to know that many people are beginning to embrace Geo-Information Sciences and that fact alone gladdens my heart. Judging from the responses on this thread and the e-mails that I have received, I realize that many of us still yearn for more information on GIS. I want to suggest with the permission of integrityfood (he owns the thread) that people who have some knowledge about the field share their information and expertise on this thread for the benefit of all. As an individual, I'm willing to do my bit. Over to you, Mr integrityfood.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by integrityfood: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
PalmTree: Hello Everyone, it gladdens my heart to know that many people are beginning to embrace Geo-Information Sciences and that fact alone gladdens my heart. Judging from the responses on this thread and the e-mails that I have received, I realize that many of us still yearn for more information on GIS. I want to suggest with the permission of integrityfood (he owns the thread) that people who have some knowledge about the field share their information and expertise on this thread for the benefit of all. As an individual, I'm willing to do my bit. Over to you, Mr integrityfood.

permission granted with delight. I await your insightful contribution and education interactions. I must thank you Mr Palmtree for all the effort you are putting in this venture of educating people about this discipline. Can we start talking about the after school potentials of the course
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
I apologize for my short term absence, I have been trying to round up my studies and then prepare for the world out there. To answer integrityfoods question, after school tendencies differ from an individual to another. Most people that take up GIS studies already have a career in mind and they want to use GIS to advance it. As an individual, I chose to start a small GIS consulting outfit where I can render geo-spatial solutions to our everyday needs. For those who have entrepreneurial tendencies, I strongly suggest that you give GIS a trial, its might be rough at the start but slow and steady wins the race.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by PalmTree(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hello, I represent Greenland Consult Ltd (Geospatial and
Remote Sensing experts) If you are currently studying
Geography, Urban and regional planning, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment and
Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by mfess(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2015
SCAM ALERT

@all. Please try to be careful in your dealings with ArcGIS NG - the so called "No.1 Esri® ArcGIS Partner in Nigeria".

According to esri's website, Sambus Geospatial limited which is Esri's distributor in Ghana also serves Gabon, Gambia, Liberia and Nigeria. I called them and enquired about Engr. Opeyemi Obafemi and their Nigerian Country Manager - Mr. James Annan-Aggrey denied having any partnership with him.

http://www.esri.com/apps/company/contact/index.cfm?fa=distributor.lookup&country=Nigeria

For enquiries and confirmation. Contact:
James Annan-Aggrey | Country Manager, Nigeria Sambus l Geospatial | 12, Richard Clapperton Street. Asokoro District – Abuja. Cell: +234 (0)817812 9918 / +233 (0)20 2113 001 | Email: jaggrey@sambusgeospatial.com

or visit: http://www.sambusgeospatial.com/resellers/

arcgisng:
ArcGIS for Desktop 10 Software is the primary platform for GIS
professionals to compile, use, and manage geographic information.
It's the starting point and foundation for deploying GIS across
your organization and onto the Web.

As the No.1 Esri Product Reseller in Nigeria, we offer top-class
ArcGIS for Desktop 10 Software and Training.

ArcGIS NG also provides you with employment opportunities and direct
access to Esri Professional Certifications in the USA.

Read more here for our 2013 Entry Evaluation Application details.

www.nairaland.com/1031070/arcgis-certifications-training-graduates-2012

Feel free to email us at:

arcgisng@gmail.com

Or call: 08178649922

We will be glad to hear from you.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by talk2nchedo: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2016
Should anyone require GIS training or you know who needs it. Below reads and please spread:

Redefining your career…

Fundamentals of ArcGIS

Course Length: 6 hrs
ArcGIS Version: 10.x

Are you a researcher, consultant or professional in the petroleum industry, private or enterprise and you are wondering how to get that extra edge in your career as a Surveyor, Geologist, Geoscience, Technicians, GIS Analysts, IT…?

Geographic Information Systems (GIS) gives you an easy way to get access to the tremendous amounts of data available. At first glance, ArcGIS lets you see this data on a map. But underneath, the software has powerful tools for analysing the data.

With ArcGIS, you can quickly print out:

·         Land parcels showing ownership values across a city

·         Bubble or density map showing crime rates in a city

·         Suitable location to open a new branch of your business

·         Site for potential environmental issues; and lots more

BENEFIT
This course helps you understand the types of data that ArcGIS supports, and how to manipulate the data. For example, you will learn how to:

·         Understand the components, goals, and reasons so many professionals use GIS

·         Interact with the data in the map and understand ArcGIS terms

·         Connect to an Excel spreadsheet that has GPS location data in it

·         Use symbology to analyse your data by changing the appearance of the map to communicate the right information effectively

·         Design your map for presentation

·         After class mentoring

·         Application installed on trainee's PC

This class is the first step in learning to incorporate this valuable application into your daily workflows.

AUDIENCE
Those who want to create maps and explore data in ArcGIS.

DATA
Saturday April 16, 2016.

FORMAT
In-person instruction with hands-on practice, and course materials you can keep.

PREREQUISITES & RECOMMENDATIONS
Students should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows®.

ABOUT US
Emerald GeoTech Ltd provides quality hands-on training taught by highly knowledgeable and experienced instructors at a reasonable price. All of our instructors have experience within their respective GIS industries so you get practical examples of real-world situations. We limit the number of students in each class to provide a more guided and personalized training experience. All of our custom courses are created by our instructors as well as our highly qualified consultants and experts.

Emerald GeoTech Ltd
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
+2348056452253
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by Sarmosky: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2016
You can try Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)... Department of Remote Sensing and Geoscience Information System is a wonderful one... You would be taught so so many things aside your field like geology,geophysics,meteorology,computer science and many more...
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by talk2nchedo: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
EMERALD GEOTECH LTD PRESENTS:
A 1-DAY INTENSIVE GIS TRAINING COURSE

GET PROFESSIONAL GIS TRAINING NOW!

DATE: April 16, 2016
TIME: 09.00 – 16.00hrs
COURSE FEE: N60,000
TRAINING LOCATION: Port Harcourt

HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
Free software (ArcGIS) installation
Detailed course material
Experienced and highly qualified facilitators and instructors
Hands-on/practical oriented training sessions with live data
Certificate of participation
Tea break and lunch
After class mentoring

We have limited spaces still open for this course; register on or before April 10, 2016 to secure your space and get a 15% discount on course fee.

How to register:
Send a text message containing your name, phone number, email address and course registering for to 08056452253
You will receive course payment and further registration details via sms.

For a more detailed information on course outline and other enquiries, please call 08056452253, or send an email to emeraldgeotech@yahoo.com

Don’t miss this opportunity!
Emerald GeoTech Ltd
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by Fwbabj: 12:19am On Dec 31, 2017
Am thinking of going for my masters in RS. I have a Soil Science degree. Does it qualify me.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
For your GIS training in surfer, Eshayal smart GIS editor, TCX, Idrisi TerrSet and ArcGis and for your GIS analysis, contact me 08106244065

1 Like

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2019
GIS can help you in several ways. For your training in GIS and for your analysis, contact me on 08132742728

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
For your GIS training in different GIS softwares such as ArcGIS, smart GIS editor, Idrisi TerrSet, Surfer, TCX converter and analysisin Ibadan, call me on 08132742728.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
For your GIS training and analysis,contact me on 08106244065.a month 20k, 2 months 40k,3 months 60k.for online training, a month 10k, 2 months 20k, 3 months 30k

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
For ur GIS training in different software's such as ArcGIS desktop,online, smart GIS editor,TCX converter, surfer, idrisi Terrset,QGIS,SAS planet nightly etc,contact me on 08106244065
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Im also into 3d animation and modeling...Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.

Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by kaylardz(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Pls where can I receive GIS training in Kano?
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by emak1991: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by akin1991: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by akin1991: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.physical training 20k and online training 7k
Re: Gis And Remote Sensing: Is There Lecturing/job Prospect? by akin1991: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training 20k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Times Higher Education Lists University Of Ibadan As Top 400 In Medical Science / The Polytechnic Ibadan ND DPP Form For 2018 /19 Academic Session / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.