Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... (10205 Views)

He Parked His Boss's Car Like This And Quit His Job. / Mercedes W203 C230 Kompressor - What Is This Car Like In Nigeria / Is There A Chance That Porsche Cayman 2014 Might Be Keyed Or Scratched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by nikky5(m): 1:50am On Nov 03, 2012
It happened to me recently after a clean body work and total repainting of my car.When I saw the drawings and writings on the bonnet I was angry but as a father I had to let go.If I had seen the culprit maybe i would have spanked him or her.Its a general habit among children.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Kayslim10(m): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2012
berem: And this topic made front page? Which kind topic be this? "How pikin take write A,B,C for car" WTF!
may i av d honour to invite u to my area,pls dont decline,hope u av a ride sha?
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by LordReed(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2012
I had two eyes and a nose drawn on the side of my car.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by timbros(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord_Reed: I had two eyes and a nose drawn on the side of my car.

lol...and the kid forgot your mouth grin
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by yomtolly(f): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2012
Yes, the boy was even happy to tell me that "mummy I'm helping u to write your name on your car" infact I was dumbfounded & angry, I didn't know if I should beat him because he didn't even know what he did was bad.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by sanandreas(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2012
A child in my area saw 4 * 4 in a jeep and he put = 16 and he marked good.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2012
yomtolly: Yes, the boy was even happy to tell me that "mummy I'm helping u to write your name on your car" infact I was dumbfounded & angry, I didn't know if I should beat him because he didn't even know what he did was bad.

If he's not suitably punished, he won't know it's bad, and will do it again and again, probably not just to your own car either.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by LordReed(m): 10:39am On Nov 03, 2012
Siena:

If he's not suitably punished, he won't know it's bad, and will do it again and again, probably not just to your own car either.

Its not that they don't know it is not good but I remember as a kid daring all sorts of dangers, warnings, threats and beatings just to catch some fun. Apparently pleasure stimulus seems to override the pain memories. New fun stuff can be highly irresistible to kids even on the pain of suffering "corporal" punishment.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Treasure21: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
These comments are so funny
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by aariwa(m): 12:48am On Nov 04, 2012
the solution lies in buying a tarpoulin to cover ur car where ever u may park it may sound funny but thats the solution.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Biggybountz: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2012
Funny thread and an inevitable act by most kids but to be honest I won't take such from a 13years old kid,not in this century!...Even from the age of 6, i reckon most kids have started knowing right from wrong, even at the age of 3years you are sometimes stunned at what some kids ulter and do, they are wiser than we think now. Any kid that carries on doing this kind of thing at 6years max should be seriously scolded cause i will blame it on inadequate parenting and exposure, at the age of 6 and above,no i wont take it!

Well, some kids get mentally and morally mature at earlier age than others anyway but my argument is i won't take this kind of thing from kids age 6 and above, that is grossly dependent on how parents have tried to help their kids get mature and gain exposure. 6years and above is either wickedness or plain mischief, as we know how mischievous some kids can choose to be!

Funny thread though, made my Sunday morning, to that fella who thinks we should be thinking of Naija issues instead of having a good laugh on this thread, where is your sense of humor and we can't sit down moping over Naija all the time,while we contribute our bits, we need to move on and have good laughs most of the time, if not na early grave mt brother.

cheers!
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2012
If a child between the ages of 4 - 13 scratched my car, then their parents would get a repair bill, it's that simple. They would have to cover the cost of a respray, and any other expenses, such as the hire of a car, while mine's being fixed.

If my kids scratched a car belonging to someone else, I would do the responsible thing - punish my kids severely, and pay damage costs. If they scratched my car, they'd be punished, forfeit their treats, and the repair cost will be deducted from their pocket money.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by begwong: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Siena: If a child between the ages of 4 - 13 scratched my car, then their parents would get a repair bill, it's that simple. They would have to cover the cost of a respray, and any other expenses, such as the hire of a car, while mine's being fixed.

If my kids scratched a car belonging to someone else, I would do the responsible thing - punish my kids severely, and pay damage costs. If they scratched my car, they'd be punished, forfeit their treats, and the repair cost will be deducted from their pocket money.
my broda,dis na long grammer.
By the time u see such 'designs' on yr car done by some impoverished kids in one remote village here,u will even be d one to dash dem money when they start to beg u..
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by begwong: 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
aariwa: the solution lies in buying a tarpoulin to cover ur car where ever u may park it may sound funny but thats the solution.
how does it feel to cover & pull off tarpaulin @ intervals during the rainy season
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
begwong:
my broda,dis na long grammer.
By the time u see such 'designs' on yr car done by some impoverished kids in one remote village here,u will even be d one to dash dem money when they start to beg u..

Then you don't really know me, bro. I believe children are products of their parent's upbringing. I will not cover the costs from damage to my car, incurred by wayward children, regardless of how impoverished they are.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Fixed: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
cgift: Is there something like a scratch resistant paint for cars? This is really a menace

Yes. Some paint have self-healing ability for scratches that are not really deep. Not sure if they sell such in 9ja. Learnt this is the factory paint for Infiniti FX.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by infolpf: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Very interesting thread. Now I am not by any means a child psychologist, but I will try to offer an educated guess:

1. The kids are probably unaware of the significance of their actions - I dont think we have a bunch of evil kids running around! That is, except the Nlander who broke off the antenna on the dirty car. Thats just pure evil grin
2. This is a direct indictment on the state of parenting first, and second, education in Nigeria. Too many kids running around without instruction, values and structure.
3. Is it possible that kids resort to writing on objects because they sincerely wish to practice learning, but do not have appropriate writing material?

If I use my 4 year old son as an example, he now knows (yes from a few spankings) not to write on walls etc, but once when he was about 2 yrs old, he drew a stick picture of me, and proudly called my attention to it. How do you punish such a child? I calmly told him it was pretty, and explained how he had done wrong. Now, I would be lying if I said it never happened again, the next time I spanked him but then made printing paper readily available, and left coloring books and pencils at strategic locations around the house. It has never happened again.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by infolpf: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Two4Two(m): 1:10pm On Nov 02
Mine was a terrible one. My company gave me a brand new official car a Toyota Yaris dark blue color just that very day that i was driving it home, along grammar school bus stop in Ojodu area of lagos, i stopped by to take a bottle of cold beer only for me to come out to see a little girl hawker(about 13 years) with a nail drawing a tree and alphabets on the door of my car. Infact when i caught the girl, i beat the living day light out of her, and locked her awhile in the car, Till today whenever i see the marks i feel so bad.

Dude, no be child abuse be dat? There's a difference between spanking and "i beat the living day light out of her", and you locked her a while in your car? If I were the parent, I would have you charged with kidnapping. Well, at least you admit that you feel bad.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Wallie(m): 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
Twice now, someone has thrown some form of sticky liquid on my car! The first incident happened a few years ago and looked like milk shake but not really sure as it stuck to the paint and damaged it. The second incident, which happened last week, looked like starch (ogi). I tried hosing it down but can still see the imprint on the pain and windshield.

I’m calling the cops the day I find the little bastard! I’m not even going to bother taking him to his parents; I’m getting him arrested before making his family pay for re-conditioning the paint!
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by adonisgold: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
A kid wrote ABcd -z on our 405 in church, he wrote it all round the car. We saw the one on one side in church and complained to the catcheist , it was when we got home we saw the concluding part. The saving grace was that it was not too legible.

I love this thread, let's reawaken it jare.
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by nnamokenna(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hasn't happened to me. I have this friend however, whose neighbour's kids were fond of writing and drawing on his car. They would leave their father's car and face my friends own. He'd complain to their father, he'd shout at them and even flog them but after, sometime, they'd start again.

One day, he saw one the kids writing on his car again with a piece of stone. He came out, caught the little girl, took her to her father's car car which was also packed just across from his, and forced her to start drawing and writing on it. Big and very visible marks.

Soon after this, they stopped. grin grin grin grin
Re: Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... by Timagex(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
timbros:
This reminds me of a hilarious joke i heard from somewhere (most probably fictional sha)...

A man went to see a friend and parked his SUV outside. The car has 4x4 written by the side. A mad man passing by saw the 4x4, came nearer and made his calculations, then using a piece of metal he roughly embossed =16 on the body. The owner, when he came out was so mad with rage on seeing it and the worst part he didnt know who did it.

Another day, after respraying the car, he came to see his friend and parked the car in the same spot again. The mad man passed and saw that the =16 have disappeared. He thought to himself "Who cleaned off this my maths nah?" and he used the piece of metal and scratched =16 again and went off. This time when the owner saw it, he divised a means to avoid it happening again (thinking its little kids that use to write on the car). He now sprayed the car again and went to an artist to print =16 on a sticker which he placed next to the 4x4.

The next time the mad man saw the =16 neatly pasted next to 4x4, he said "ehen! Now you got the answer correctly" and he used the piece of metal to mark a very looong big good, nike style, from the back door to the front door... grin grin ;
. Egbami o!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car / URGENT! My 2003 Accord Transmission Just Stalled. / Honda Pilot Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.