Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia (5074 Views)

Enyimba Players Celebrate After Beating Etoile Du Sahel / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Wolexis: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
Super Falcons of Nigeria left the match against Ethiopians with an impressive 3 – 0 win.

It was their second match at the ongoing African Women Championship in Equatorial Guinea.

The match started at 5:30pm Nigerian Time, and saw Esther Sunday scoring the first goal at 18′ of the game

Perpetual Nwokocha scored the second goal and Esther Sunday scored the third putting Nigeria on top of the group table making.

There was a little bit confusion in the game when the board Scoreline read 4-0 for Nigeria. But the referee rule Stella Mbachu’s goal as an offside.

The referees have been criticized for poor officiating and denying Nigeria some goals.

Nigeria currently tops the group B table of the African Women championship and need just one more victory to proceed to the quarter Final.

www.wolexis..com wink
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Smooyis(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Lusaint(m): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nice one bt the Ethiopia gals where jst wastin d time d nigerian gals would have used in scoring many goals

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2012
Good one Falcons. Keep making us proud.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Who scored the 3rd goal? Mbachu or Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by dearie(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Wolexis:

http://premiumtimesng.com/sports/105569-african-women-championship-super-falcons-beat-ethiopia.html
www.wolexis..com wink

I don't think they even need the third victory to advance to the quarter finals having won their previous 2 matches.
Congrats ladies! Naija will always be proud of ya.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by dearie(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2012
Ohh...just read that the Falcons may not qualify if they lose their last group stage match by a wide margin...so here's wishing them atleast a draw to guarantee top position from the group
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by ukuba: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
football in Nigeria and the US belong to the Ladies!!! Gender equality huh?
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by brosun(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
dearie:

I don't think they even need the third victory to advance to the quarter finals having won their previous 2 matches.
Congrats ladies! Naija will always be proud of ya.
They're not advancing to "the quarter finals". Eight nations are participating in the championship, and so two winners from each of the two groups will move straight to the Semi-finals.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by oloriooko(m): 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
the referee and her assistants that handled that match should be de-licensed and sent home.

that match was poorly handled, i wonder if they know the meaning of off-side in their referee's book.

very poor and ugly performance by the refs
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by kayswag100(m): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
Is it me or are d mods just choosing 2 ignore OBVIOUS grammatical errors when doing a Front Page Headline?

No knowledge of d 'rule of concord'

* Falcons tops...
*Nigerians comes...
*Ladies wears...
*Governors steals...

Et al...

Grossly disgusting!!!
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by tessyade: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2012
And the falcons keep doing us proud. Still waiting for the super eagles to do us proud too.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by slimghost(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2012
kayswag100: Is it me or are d mods just choosing 2 ignore OBVIOUS grammatical errors when doing a Front Page Headline?

* Falcons tops...
*Nigerians comes...
*Ladies wears...
*Governors steals...

Et al...

Grossly disgusting!!!

My friend keep quite! whats so grossly disgusting there? oversabi

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
cool These babes are Making Moi Proud.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by sambos994(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
kayswag100: Is it me or are d mods just choosing 2 ignore OBVIOUS grammatical errors when doing a Front Page Headline?

* Falcons tops...
*Nigerians comes...
*Ladies wears...
*Governors steals...

Et al...

Grossly disgusting!!!

It's correct because they're using "Super Falcons" as a single noun.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by siddiq202(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
oloriooko: the referee and her assistants that handled that match should be de-licensed and sent home.

that match was poorly handled, i wonder if they know the meaning of off-side in their referee's book.

very poor and ugly performance by the refs
I listened to the commentary/analysis of the match on radio and the commentator/analyst was very angry about the officiating as-well.
Those in authority need to provide officials that are capable of officiating matches to prevent people from loosing interest in the game
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
sambos994:

Even when the collective noun is performing an action?

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by alex406(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
I love falcons.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by kayswag100(m): 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
sambos994:

from ur summation, i wld only presume u can use this sentence :

'Super Falcons IS going win'

I weep!!
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Candybob(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
slimghost:

My friend keep quite! whats so grossly disgusting there? oversabi
Its not quite but quiet and not whats but what is!
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2012
What
they need is a draw and not a win to go to semi- final and not quarter final. Each of the 4
teams have played two matches with only Nigeria winning their two
games. Cameroun won Ivory Coast 4 -1.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by sambos994(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
kayswag100:

from ur summation, i wld only presume u can use this sentence :

'Super Falcons IS going win'

I weep!!

Nevermind, I didn't see the "S" after top....my bad embarassed embarassed
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by naturalwaves: 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2012

* Falcons tops...
*Nigerians comes...
*Ladies wears...
*Governors steals...

Et al...

Grossly disgusting!!!
That's true....the MODS are not doing a good job atall. They move topics to the Front page without cross checking them.The funny thing is that Mukina and Seun sees every topic before they decide to put them on the front page. These guys really need to improve. It shouldn't be all about the traffic.
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by dymca(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
Smooyis: Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!Great job lovely babes. Dats d spirit of naija!
no matter d hailing, dem no fit give u any money wey dem earn
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by brosun(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
naturalwaves:
That's true....the MODS are not doing a good job atall. They move topics to the Front page without cross checking them.The funny thing is that Mukina and Seun sees every topic before they decide to put them on the front page. These guys really need to improve. It shouldn't be all about the traffic.
"Mukina and Seun SEES every topic..." Do you see your own concord error? You should be flawless too!

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Jerry2i(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
Na wa o!so person wey no sabi rite english no go fit comment on a topic again *smh*
Re: Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia by Frankiedu(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2012
smiley Out of nine editions our Nigerian girls have won a record of eight of the previous editions and for me are clear favourites to lift the trophy in Guinea...Go Girls--Go Go!!

(1) (Reply)

Kano Pillars Vs Ac Leopards (4 - 1) On 16th March 2013 / CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 / Sanwo-Olu Kicks Off U21 BOS Youth Cup Tournament For Lagos LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.