Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 (5069 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Enyeama Snubs Nigeria, Oliseh Downplays Captain's Withdrawal from Tanzania clash / FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 12, 2013
CAF Humiliate Nigerian Referees Again

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a list of referees for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South.

CAF’s list of 18 referees did not include any Nigerian.
One Nigerian, Peter Edibe was included in CAF’s list of 21 assistant referees.

The development has angered former President of the Nigeria Football Referees Association (NRA), Senibo Sam Sam Jaja who has put the blame squarely on the doorsteps of the referees committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) led by Suleiman Muazu.

“It’s a dog eat dog situation and I can say without any fear of contradiction that the Suleiman Muazu-led referee’s committee is responsible for this national shame. They are unpatriotic and selfish. How can they tell us no Nigerian is good enough to referee at the Afcon? This is totally unacceptable,” an angry Jaja told supersport.com.

The former referees chief identified Nigeria Premier League (NPL) Fifa graded referee, Solomon Wokoma as one Nigerian referee who would have made the list released by CAF for the 2013 Afcon.

“Solomon Wokoma is one of the most experienced referees in Africa today but it is a shame that in Nigeria, we never support our own.

“While CAF was compiling the names of referees that will officiate at the 2013 Afcon, members of the referees committee were busy running down Wokoma with false claims about his health and trying to fix their stooges on the list. CAF is not stupid and only those with the requisite experience had a chance of making the list. So Nigerians should know who to demand answers from for this national disgrace,” he said.
Quizzed on whether the current hiatus of the NPL may have affected the chances of Nigerian referees making the list, Jaja waved away such arguments.

“So how would you explain the inclusion of Egypt’s Gehad Grisha who was included even with the Egyptian league suspended? That had nothing to do with the snub of Nigerian referees by CAF,” he said.

Emmanuel Imiere was the last Nigerian to officiate at the Afcon when he took charge of the Group C game between Zambia and Guinea in Alexandria at the 2006 edition in Egypt.

Jaja was President of the NRA at that time and no Nigerian has officiated at the Afcon since then.
since then.

www.zimbio.com/Soccer/articles/yiGS3GuQBjx/CAF+Humiliate+Nigerian+Referees+Again
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by homesteady(m): 11:36am On Jan 12, 2013
Don't worry my Naija people....if dy like...let dem nt even put any Nigerian as ball-boy...we'll still win dis AFCON.......CAF..we'll put u 2 shame..we are d Gaint of AFRICA

1 Like

Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by ibnquasale(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2013
well, as for me, i am not expecting any!

meanwhile,

i am Number 3! God is doing it small small grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by 2rutalk1: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2013
ibnquasale: well, as for me, i am not expecting any!

meanwhile,

[b]i am Number 3! [/b]God is doing it small small grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

So you don't know how to count 1, 2, 3 again? Oya count again and tell me your position.
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by dadicvila(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Giant of Africa M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ foot
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by mallorca(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2013
Nothing is working in this country angry angryNigeria is into cage cry cry
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by COvo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]They are corrupt na,I remember readin soccer stars dat year about nigeria league wey one team enter pitch after half time with 13players and d ref nor knw(abi he pretend not to knw) I wan laf die dat day. :DThey are corrupt na,I remember readin soccer stars dat year about nigeria league wey one team enter pitch after half time with 13players and d ref nor knw(abi he pretend not to knw) I wan laf die dat day.
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by ziccoit: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dem dey collect bribe for that place?
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by ibnquasale(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
2ru-talk:

So you don't know how to count 1, 2, 3 again? Oya count again and tell me your position.

that guy chanced me jare... ok, i am number 4 grin grin
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
homesteady: Don't worry my Naija people....if dy like...let dem nt even put any Nigerian as ball-boy...we'll still win dis AFCON.......CAF..we'll put u 2 shame..we are d Gaint of AFRICA

Wake up Mr dreamer. Win AFCON with those bunch of lazy player and coach? Ok, still then!
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by dhrey: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is nigeria league recognised not to talk of their referees.onpe
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by RaindropGCFR(m): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
d future is bright
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Okay! I now know.. Should i start Crying??
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by KINGwax(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
So?
And by d way, who is a nigerian referee?
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by agitator: 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
R2bees: CAF Humiliate Nigerian Referees Again

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released a list of referees for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South.

CAF’s list of 18 referees did not include any Nigerian.
One Nigerian, Peter Edibe was included in CAF’s list of 21 assistant referees.

The development has angered former President of the Nigeria Football Referees Association (NRA), Senibo Sam Sam Jaja who has put the blame squarely on the doorsteps of the referees committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) led by Suleiman Muazu.

“It’s a dog eat dog situation and I can say without any fear of contradiction that the Suleiman Muazu-led referee’s committee is responsible for this national shame. They are unpatriotic and selfish. How can they tell us no Nigerian is good enough to referee at the Afcon? This is totally unacceptable,” an angry Jaja told supersport.com.

The former referees chief identified Nigeria Premier League (NPL) Fifa graded referee, Solomon Wokoma as one Nigerian referee who would have made the list released by CAF for the 2013 Afcon.

“Solomon Wokoma is one of the most experienced referees in Africa today but it is a shame that in Nigeria, we never support our own.

“While CAF was compiling the names of referees that will officiate at the 2013 Afcon, members of the referees committee were busy running down Wokoma with false claims about his health and trying to fix their stooges on the list. CAF is not stupid and only those with the requisite experience had a chance of making the list. So Nigerians should know who to demand answers from for this national disgrace,” he said.
Quizzed on whether the current hiatus of the NPL may have affected the chances of Nigerian referees making the list, Jaja waved away such arguments.

“So how would you explain the inclusion of Egypt’s Gehad Grisha who was included even with the Egyptian league suspended? That had nothing to do with the snub of Nigerian referees by CAF,” he said.

Emmanuel Imiere was the last Nigerian to officiate at the Afcon when he took charge of the Group C game between Zambia and Guinea in Alexandria at the 2006 edition in Egypt.

Jaja was President of the NRA at that time and no Nigerian has officiated at the Afcon since then.
since then.

www.zimbio.com/Soccer/articles/yiGS3GuQBjx/CAF+Humiliate+Nigerian+Referees+Again

ok cool
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by DeaconFrost1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
So? Kini big deal? Mtcheew!
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Can't even remember wether any Nigerian referee ever made it to the Nations Cup.
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
Don't you remember that last time Nigerian referees did marathon race for Abuja In 2012,(just fitness test o), before they finished that race, 2 of them collapsed ,and later died? They are not fit at all. I wonder what is really wrong with everything associated with Nigeria. It is better they dont make that list than to give us bad record on the field.

1 Like

Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Pacesetter2: 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
I think they thought our corruption had eaten deeply even into our referees or fear of been bribed
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Chimerase(m): 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
ibnquasale: well, as for me, i am not expecting any!

meanwhile,

i am Number 3! God is doing it small small grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
abeg lo vex mak i ask u shey u no do 3 X 1n 4 X 1 for ur primary skul ?? gringrin

1 Like

Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by dilbert100: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
undecided
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by vision2050: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
disgrace everywhere ogaooo na God go see us through.............................
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by nijanigga: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
homesteady: Don't worry my Naija people....if dy like...let dem nt even put any Nigerian as ball-boy...we'll still win dis AFCON.......CAF..we'll put u 2 shame..we are d Gaint of AFRICA
Win wetin, na corruption ccmpetion or mumu follwership? Nigeria will not qualify for the knock out stages.
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by Lordlexy: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
D word corruption has been our major problem at home, check out our league it will tell u more.
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by oddy4real(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Let's blame GEJ
Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by basty: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
Olubodef: How does it affect d price of G-string in d market?

Rubbish and dirty LovePeddler

1 Like

Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by zumbigbo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
They found Naija referee letter sent to every team federation before Xmas.

Dear Sirs

As you know AFCON is comin', for full enjoyment make una follow my financial demandz

Red card - 1.5 million Naira
Yellow Card - 600,000 Naira

Penalty - 2 million Naira
Corner - 100,000 Naira

Send opposing manager to the stands - 1 million Naira

Payment to be made 24 hrs before fixture to Union Bank - tank u

1 Like

Re: CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Good for CAF. For Nigerians, that should be a BLESSING IN DISGUISE. At least the tournament won't be flooded with poor officiating. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Falcons Top Group After Beating Ethiopia / Breaking News: Abdul Haruna Is Dead / Sloane Stephens Knocks Serena Williams Out Of Australian Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.