Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Olamide - Voice Of The Street - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide - Voice Of The Street (10833 Views)

VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Olamide – Voice Of The Street / Olamide - Voice Of The Street [official Video] / Alabai - Voice Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ghettodreamz(m): 2:04am On Nov 02, 2012
ItsModella:
It is certainly about one man's meant being another man's poison. It may not be music to you but it is music to other people. Remember music has different genres and everybody has one or more that they feel comfortable with. There are millions of inspirational songs that you can listen to. Every musician cannot make music that suits your own taste.

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by airmark(m): 2:07am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

Quality of goods and services is vital for our development if we want to be taken seriously on the world stage.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You dont really know about rap music genre. No need argueing with you. This type of song is what rappers in the states did and still doing. It's called braggadocio. You see the likes of 50cents, Birdman, Lil-wayne doing this. Are you saying they were never taken serious in the world stage? Because Olamide used majorly yoruba to do same, it means he is wack. Go and check top rappers lyrics you will understand better. If you want Gospel songs , i have them on my Laptop. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by 50calibre(m): 2:12am On Nov 02, 2012
ItsModella:
It is certainly about one man's meant being another man's poison. It may not be music to you but it is music to other people. Remember music has different genres and everybody has one or more that they feel comfortable with. There are millions of inspirational songs that you can listen to. Every musician cannot make music that suits your own taste.

Hahaha! And what genre is this? Lunatism?

great music appeals to all not just a select few.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ghettodreamz(m): 2:23am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

I beg to differ! Great music may not appeal to all in some cases, depending on the type, I mean the kinda of genre it was. And what did you mean by select few? For instance, on this particular thread; How many posters liked the song? And how many don't? I think on the basis of your comment above, it means majority carries the vote here. So what's your point?
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by airmark(m): 2:28am On Nov 02, 2012
ghettodreamz:

I beg to differ! Great music may not appeal to all in some cases, depending on the type, I mean the kinda of genre it was. And what did you mean by select few? For instance, on this particular thread; How many posters liked the song? And how many don't? I think on the basis of your comment above, it means majority carries the vote here. So what's your point?
Dont argue with him. He needs to be lectured.
50calibre, what Olamide did in this song is described below and most rappers do it:

Braggadocio is a type of rapping where the MC is "bragging and boasting"[1] and can include subjects such as physicality, fighting ability, financial wealth, sexual prowess, or coolness[2]. It is often heavily used in battle rapping[3], and braggadocio lyrics can range from simply stating how skillful one is to employing complex literary techniques[4].

The book How to Rap shows an example of complex braggadocio through Eric B. & Rakim's track 'No Omega' from their Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em album[5]. MCs such as Murs, Guerilla Black, and Esoteric also suggest reasons in How to Rap for why braggadocio is so common in rapping, ranging from competitiveness in the old school hip-hop ethic, to the struggles of "young, black males in America"[6]. MCs also feel that braggadocio is an important aspect of hip-hop and rapping and that it can also be mixed with other topics to good effect[7].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braggadocio_(rap)

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

Well the music obviously appeals to more than a select few because you are one of the very few people who actually has a problem with it. With that, it is safe to say that the song is a good one after all.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 02, 2012
airmark:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You dont really know about rap music genre. No need argueing with you. This type of song is what rappers in the states did and still doing. It's called braggadocio. You see the likes of 50cents, Birdman, Lil-wayne doing this. Are you saying they were never taken serious in the world stage? Because Olamide used majorly yoruba to do same, it means he is wack. Go and check top rappers lyrics you will understand better. If you want Gospel songs , i have them on my Laptop. grin grin grin
Airmark, I agree with you. The guy apparently knows nada, absolutely nothing about hip-hop. I mean somebody who refers to it as lunatism...no hope jare.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ghettodreamz(m): 2:38am On Nov 02, 2012
airmark:
50calibre, what Olamide did in this song is described below and most rappers do it:

Braggadocio is a type of rapping where the MC is "bragging and boasting"[1] and can include subjects such as physicality, fighting ability, financial wealth, sexual prowess, or coolness[2]. It is often heavily used in battle rapping[3], and braggadocio lyrics can range from simply stating how skillful one is to employing complex literary techniques[4].

The book How to Rap shows an example of complex braggadocio through Eric B. & Rakim's track 'No Omega' from their Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em album[5]. MCs such as Murs, Guerilla Black, and Esoteric also suggest reasons in How to Rap for why braggadocio is so common in rapping, ranging from competitiveness in the old school hip-hop ethic, to the struggles of "young, black males in America"[6]. MCs also feel that braggadocio is an important aspect of hip-hop and rapping and that it can also be mixed with other topics to good effect[7].

My 2cents

Thank you for going that extra mile to lecture him about it. U'r mouthed!
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by 50calibre(m): 2:45am On Nov 02, 2012
airmark:

The book How to Rap shows an example of complex braggadocio through Eric B. & Rakim's track 'No Omega' from their Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em album[5]. MCs such as Murs, Guerilla Black, and Esoteric also suggest reasons in How to Rap for why braggadocio is so common in rapping, ranging from competitiveness in
the old school hip-hop ethic, to the struggles of "young, black males in America"[6]. MCs also feel that braggadocio is an important aspect of hip-hop and rapping and that it can also be mixed with other topics to good effect[7].

My 2cents

I am just amused at those saying I don't know anything about rap or hip pop, it is just funny.

Well you mentioned braggadocio, yes rappers do that but they are just rappers who have nothing better to rap about. You cited 50 cent and birdman, but what you dont realize is that was the 50 cent of 2003/2004 he has since been trying hard to emancipate himself from his violent raps about guns, wonen and drugs. Have 50 cent won any Grammys?

You mentioned the likes of guerilla black, guys with little or no media recognition, can you compare the quality of jay z or nas rap with guerilla black?

Besides this is not the first time I have heard this olumide rap. A friend of mine gave me one of his tracks - ILLUMINATI and it was still the same sh*t.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by fabian62: 3:08am On Nov 02, 2012
Nice instrumental but can't understand de rapp.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by dammytosh: 3:59am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

No (normal) human being with thinking faculties will like this. This is not music, it is madness and feel free to laugh in mandarin if you wish afterall we have been laughing since 1960.

This isn't about one man's meat being another man's poison, it is about quality of music that makes sense and inspires the young generation. Quality of goods and services is vital for our development if we want to be taken seriously on the world stage.

It is about ur choice of music or understanding of the lyrics , the rhyme and the flow.

i hate harry porter series and managed to finish ONLY one half way. I hate prison break and refuse to watch it even uptil now. It is not yet a problem until I say d 2 movies are nonsense or rubbish and d people who watched them don't have a job. (Dts fallacy)

I made sure i listened to the single more than 4 times without the fear of data loss in KB before typing this.

My conclusion. Tight beat, tight flow, nice lyrics, perfect ryhme, nice and Olamide like chorus.

- My Opinion.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ghettodreamz(m): 4:32am On Nov 02, 2012
dammytosh:

It is about ur choice of music or understanding of the lyrics , the rhyme and the flow.

i hate harry porter series and managed to finish ONLY one half way. I hate prison break and refuse to watch it even uptil now. It is not yet a problem until I say d 2 movies are nonsense or rubbish and d people who watched them don't have a job. (Dts fallacy)

I made sure i listened to the single more than 4 times without the fear of data loss in KB before typing this.

My conclusion. Tight beat, tight flow, nice lyrics, perfect ryhme, nice and Olamide like chorus.

- My Opinion.

You're mouthed. grin grin grin
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by redcliff: 5:45am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

Oga one word, SHUTUP!!! Psy's gangnam style is rubbish. Its not even music if YOU want to classify it. But its the most played video on youtube and has a record spot in Guinness book of record. Mind you, he did not use english. I bet you are one of the 400million people that watched the video on youtube.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by twicenoni(m): 6:05am On Nov 02, 2012
ItsModella: I actually like it...badoo.
happy birthday modella.may God increase your gain and decrease your pain,amen
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ORAFA(m): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2012
cdamsel: Nairaland don turn where dem dey promote music?na by force 2 listen 2 music?
Dem force you hear am? Abi person tie headphones to your ears? Go summersult inside gutter.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:19am On Nov 02, 2012
Can't wait to listen to it.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Excelboi(m): 6:27am On Nov 02, 2012
The beat is wicked! And the lyrics na fire... Best of Olamide so far... #LovinIt
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by killuminati(m): 6:27am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

No (normal) human being with thinking faculties will like this. This is not music, it is madness and feel free to laugh in mandarin if you wish afterall we have been laughing since 1960.

This isn't about one man's meat being another man's poison, it is about quality of music that makes sense and inspires the young generation. Quality of goods and services is vital for our development if we want to be taken seriously on the world stage.
I support you on this one thou I'm still a weed blazer and I knw you hate Mary J lovers. I also don't like any of dis dude music (noise). These dude is straight local, thou he can make noise and have some dunderheads feel like he's reppin hip hop. His lyrical content are wack...yeah WACK, but you naija na, they anytin goes!
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Whizkeey(m): 6:37am On Nov 02, 2012
DØPE lyrics...
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by masterpiecer(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2012
This kid is DOoooooope
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ncpat(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2012
New release; Condom by ten-ten ft NOOB

Listen HERE

Download HERE

Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by horlajide: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2012
50calibre:

^^ WTF!!!! Can you hear that! oga you have no in-depth knowledge bout rap, you're just trying to act like you know something. IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HIS DIALECT YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID SO RATHER THAN COME HERE AND SAY THRASH.
Get an interpreter and play the song then come back and thank me later.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by baslone: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2012
killuminati: I support you on this one thou I'm still a weed blazer and I knw you hate Mary J lovers. I also don't like any of dis dude music (noise). These dude is straight local, thou he can make noise and have some dunderheads feel like he's reppin hip hop. His lyrical content are wack...yeah WACK, but you naija na, they anytin goes!

Oga ADE, puff your joint, lean back and listen to his last album.

Lyrically, this dude is on 80percent!!!!!!
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Captain2012(m): 8:01am On Nov 02, 2012
Nice song
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by yahooman: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2012
Tutone22: This guy is talented, *Can wait to buy another album*

Post Modify
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by jfad: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2012
Best Olamide so far........ Badt jam
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Dygeasy(m): 9:42am On Nov 02, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Pls anybody dat knw any active dating site should pls quote me and post them or inbox me pls
Yahoo boy on the loose!!!
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Dygeasy(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2012
airmark:
It will not make sense to you if you either dont understand yoruba or you dont understand what is meant by street. Moreso the rap is hardcore, so it might not sink to ears used to pop, blues and raggae only.
and she has said she now understands it...eh!
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by Madawaki01(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2012
I love it,the usage of simile add xcitement to the song
THUMBS UP OLAMIDE
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by OBALORLA(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2012
*with a headphone* my 56th tym of playing this track....cant just stop cos d lyrics is freeeeking on point....i beg anyone who doesnt understand d dialect to pleeeeeeease back off![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by phemi01(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2012
The funny thing bout music is that no matter how stupid or wack a song sounds, u'll find people who like it.

If u are exposed, matured and are used to listening to good music, it's possible u won't like olamide's music.

Though ppl sing 4 various reasons, that doesn't mean u a musician shouldn't sing @ least one meaningful song throughout his lifetime.

What separates a good musician from a mediocre one is the ability to be able to entertain and also teach ppl with ur music. U don't have to do gbam gbam dim dim all d time. Do entertaining songs jst for fun n also do inspirational songs.

That's Y d yankee musicians are way ahead. They understand music. (Though not all).

Our naija Old skul musicians made a lot good music. Very few of d new skul these days jump into music for money n cheap fame.

Good music is not all about noise making.
Re: Olamide - Voice Of The Street by ajasa4link: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
phemi01: The funny thing bout music is that no matter how stupid or wack a song sounds, u'll find people who like it.

If u are exposed, matured and are used to listening to good music, it's possible u won't like olamide's music.

Though ppl sing 4 various reasons, that doesn't mean u a musician shouldn't sing @ least one meaningful song throughout his lifetime.

What separates a good musician from a mediocre one is the ability to be able to entertain and also teach ppl with ur music. U don't have to do gbam gbam dim dim all d time. Do entertaining songs jst for fun n also do inspirational songs.

That's Y d yankee musicians are way ahead. They understand music. (Though not all).

Our naija Old skul musicians made a lot good music. Very few of d new skul these days jump into music for money n cheap fame.

Good music is not all about noise making.
If this ur write-up is referring to olamide's music, then i guess u have only listened to few of his songs. Go and listen to woman by olamide ft jumoke in his first album,then maybe u will be satisfied that he has made a meaningful song in his life and the song also teach moral values which u complained of in ur post above.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Olamide – Voice Of The Street / Recommend Rap Songs / Yonda - Las Vegas (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.