Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition (9694 Views)

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Chibok Girls: FG Yet To Accept Boko Haram’s Dialogue Offer- The Nation / FG - Boko Haram Dialogue: NOA Asks For Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Igweka(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2012
Nuzo':
They wan gbab the Shekau guy. grin
He is a dead man already even their former spoke man Abu. JTF killed them last month,
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Demdem(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Am never in support of talking with criminals or killers but i wont be surprise if the Govt toll this line. They are basically following a pattern here.
As it was done for Evil MEND, so will it be done for Evil BOKO.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by tomzman: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2012
It is not advisable to dialogue with terrorists.Well, my fingers are still crossed for now.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by getukudo(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2012
Nuzo':
They wan gbab the Shekau guy. grin

Lwkmd! Exactly my point! The shekau guy no go fit accept that kind gesture from the FG. If him try am, be rest assured he don enter one chance. Lmao..
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by VonNestor: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2012
This country is a mess!!. If I may ask, how can we ensure that justice is been done for the families and friends of those who were victims of the barbaric attack by this hoodlums?. How do u thinks the families and friends of the victims will receive the news that the group of people who killed and maimed their love ones are now crowned kings and move about freely on street swimming in riches. How do you tell the citizens of this country to be law abiding, and not to take law into their hands. How do we tell our children tomorrow that their was once a group of people who rose up and killed thousands of people, destroy properties worth of billions and were later made rich by the authority. This news is as bitter as anything u can think of. Don't we watch the families of 9/11 rejoicing for justice been done after Bin Ladden was killed.

And for those comparing them with MEND let me ask, do MEND went killing Innocent Civilians? do the commit any crime against humanity?
Mr. president should be bold enough to tell those bushing foe Dialogue/Amnesty for this terror group NO!!. He should tell them that if the past president has made a mistake by given Amnesty to militia that he will not tow the same line of mistake.

Let me say this "If the government should yield to this call for Dialogue and Amnesty, then there will be no moral ground for the government to prosecute an body or group of person"
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by cjrane: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Negotiating with terrorists is a waste of time. They simply want to buy time and regroup to continue blowing things up.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
My earlier Post on another thread: Boko haram is at dia wits end, a sustained crack down will smoke she-cow and d other leaders out. Weapons supplies has been cut off by Isreali attacks on dia weapons factory in Sudan. The financiers (Senators) are being narrowed down one after d other. The others are lying low. Funding is not forth coming again. Suicide bombers are depleted(most are in jail) are they going out like that? Hell No. They want to remain relevant in Politics.

So, this is the way out? After killing and maiming innocent people in d name of Politics? God Come and fight the cause of your children their deaths and blood on all those who who are linked to BH in anyway.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Donawoite(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
hikmoj: I pray no 1 fuk up o
Amen
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by grandfada(m): 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
Youngzedd: Dialogue with terror for what.
Let the Fmr Governor and the two senators be tortured to list the people involved and how to find dis idiots Boko Haram.

Well, FG knows the best but let them not fúckup this time.
*walk in* hand over letter bomb to boko leadrs* walk out & detonate d bomb!
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by goodysavvy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
This is just like 24,who'll be our Jack Bauer?! Lol
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by BodyKiss(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
adonisyung: is it d pride of the presidency or d lives of the innocents that counts?

How do you think the affected families will feel about this? Negotiating with people that have claimed so many innocent lives. The only reason they'll be negotiating with Boko Haram is because they (governement) have no value for human lives.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by playcharles(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
president jona....go watch 24 and giv me feed back
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by grandfada(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
Honestly it beats my imagnation 2 hear dt aftr al d atrocities pepetratd by boko-haram d gov is thinkn abt dialoguing wt dm! Dis is d gravst polical blundr GJA wl commit in hs lif time. Tel me, what wl deter Opc, Massob or egbesu etc. frm starting theirs tmoro? To me insurgency hs bcom a BIG bisnes in naija b/c we politik wt even human lives! It is obvious dt d jtf hs been able 2 supres dm & som of deir sponsors covr has blown so, d only wayout is negotiatñ. On kno acount shuld any one equat ds wt militncy in nijadelta, b/c niger/delta agitatñists were clear,& somwat necessary givn lack of option, but Dey atackd no church, or shouthener/notherners or market places or scols or midia houses etc. Wat i ce is dt boko haram is negociatn cease fire 2 buy tim 4 recruitmnt, training, regroupn & buyn arms/bombs. So even if dey stop tday, allah's jihad must continue com 2014 quot me. I sugstd dt gov force dm 2 lay down deir arms & arest both boko boys & deir sponsers & den we are good 2 go, otherwise al d livs of d scurity agnts & inocnt nigerian wastd wuld amount 2 nothing! Instead of compaseting evil (boko haram) gov shuld identify families of al there victims both security agnts & civilians and compasat dem properly, my take though.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by grandfada(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Demdem: Am never in support of talking with criminals or killers but i wont be surprise if the Govt toll this line. They are basically following a pattern here.
As it was done for Evil MEND, so will it be done for Evil BOKO.
you are curect, this is fastly bcoming a recurnt decimal but i wnt 2 state one clear fact, no one shuld equat what happend in niger/delta wt wat boko haram is doing. If u are gud studnt of history u wl totaly agree wt me dt both cases are incomparable. Mind u am nt from south south. So 4me negotiating wt boko terorist shuld be d last thing on gov mind now.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Toluk1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Me i tink FG shud careful. I hope dis is not a trap.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by adonisyung(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
BodyKiss:

How do you think the affected families will feel about this? Negotiating with people that have claimed so many innocent lives. The only reason they'll be negotiating with Boko Haram is because they (governement) have no value for human lives.
and what if they don't negotiate and more innocent ppl die? Would the families previously affected ß happier? Do U̶̲̥̅̊ think ur govt has the tatics to curtail boko harram? If so why haven't they...ma guy na logical tinking U go apply here o
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by chreldb(m): 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2012
]Are Boko rams now going back on their religious beileves? I thought they don't interact with "infidels" now they are proposing negotiations after receiving a collosal a.ss whooping from JTF. They should continue with their Jihad and what they believe in instead of looking for amnesty and renumerations. Stu.pid goats!! angry angry
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by nitlad: 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
Why can't the FG do a [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-2009_SLA_Northern_offensive]Sri Lanka[/url] and roast these fawking roaches to the last pudsucker! Or can't you see you have the zombies on the ropes already?!
Abi shey dem wan bad reach the [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velupillai_Prabhakaran]Velupillai Prabhakaran[/url] and his notoriously brutal [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Tigers_of_Tamil_Eelam]Tamil Tiger Rebels[/url] ni?

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Demdem(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
grandfada: you are curect, this is fastly bcoming a recurnt decimal but i wnt 2 state one clear fact, no one shuld equat what happend in niger/delta wt wat boko haram is doing. If u are gud studnt of history u wl totaly agree wt me dt both cases are incomparable. Mind u am nt from south south. So 4me negotiating wt boko terorist shuld be d last thing on gov mind now.

I am based here in the south south for over a decade now and i know what i am talking about. The major difference which to me is the most important is the number of innocent deaths. Evil MEND killed in tens, Evil Boko is killing in hundreds. Both are criminal organisations whose leaders deserves to be stoned.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by teskyg: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
This is the Joke of the week.Good work JTF.Don't stop untill all Boko Haram members and sympathisers are buried in Mass Graves.Demons.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by manny4life(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Time to start my own criminal outfit ...

Looks like crime and evil pays in Nigeria. At least, I'll bring modernize my own, thx to Bond movies and their like, I'll beat govt to it. grin grin grin

I've NEVER insulted GEJ, but if GEJ EVER negotiates with a terrorist, then he's a disappointment I never thought he was.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by NegroNtns(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think this condition that the leader, Shekau must be present at the meeting was not thought through.

FG should refrain from any moves or approach that narrows down on factors early on. At moment the options are broad....and they should respond broadly to it. Boko should be the one making demands and not the FG.

The presence of Shekau will come later, without the demand he will present himself if FG plays its hand appropriately.

FG should use a third party as mouthpiece to praise the boko's effort and laud their interest in peace. This mouthpiece should then offer to serve as
host or observer in the negotiation.

By all means, FG must refrain from direct demands...particularly on individuals. That will trvialize and turn the negotiation into personal vendatta.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by Wadeoye(m): 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
PEEE DEEE PEEE... See the speed at which they acdepted the offer just to make it look real.

Interesting... Even the security adviser wasnt consultted before accepting offer.

These guys will destroy this country...
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by gerald09(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
youngies: The Federal Government is ready for dialogue with Boko Haram but on one condition that the Spiritual and Political Leader of the sect, Imam Abubakar Shekau, will be at the negotiation table.

It was also learnt that the government may come up with an Amnesty Programme for members of the sect after ceasefire and disarmament if they are sincere.

A government source, who spoke in strict confidence, said the conditions set by the group would be resolved during the dialogue.

The source said: “We were not surprised by the offer of the dialogue because there had been contacts between the sect and National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki in the last few months.

“As a matter of fact, the NSA had some talks with the leaders of the sect last week where it was indicated that Shekau’s deputy might lead Boko Haram delegation to the dialogue.

“The NSA however said the government would want Shekau to head the team from the sect’s side in order to give the proposed talks more weight.

“With Shekau, who is the spiritual and political leader of Boko Haram, there will be a meaningful direction for the discussion by the two parties.

“If it works out and if Boko Haram is sincere with the dialogue option, the government will embrace it.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “Once we can find common grounds, the government will come up with a rehabilitation initiative which is similar to the ongoing Amnesty Programme.

“Even in the case of the affected parts of the North, there might be a joint reconstruction programme between the Federal Government and the ravaged states.”

Concerning the demand of Boko Haram for the arrest of ex-Governor Ali Modu Sheriff, the source added: “That is a political side of their demands which the government will look into.

“From security reports and investigation by agencies, some members of the sect gave Sheriff support during his election based on three demands.

“The demands were a creation of a Ministry for Islamic (Religious Affairs), being part of Sheriff’s government and the implementation of Sharia in Borno State.

“They parted ways with Sheriff when he refused to implement the Sharia policy. The situation worsened following the brutal killing of the leader of the sect, Mohammed Yusuf and a former Commissioner for Islamic (Religious) Affairs in Sheriff’s cabinet.

“The dialogue will shape discussions on the fate of Sheriff.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/govt-may-accept-dialogue-offer-with-condition/
More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2908-fgt-may-accept-boko-harams-dialogue-offer-with-condition

Let the FG demand the names of all boko haram major sponsors publicly then they can discuss amnesty and any other conditions they want.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by modicum: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
The more I think about the Boko Haram menace, the more I am convinced that we need a multi-dimensional approach to end the catastrophe. Some actions may hurt our pride, but if that would bring the carnage to closure without compromising the nation’s sovereignty, we should not shy away from such actions.

For sure, it hurts to even consider anything less than military action against Boko Haram. The security chiefs would argue that you have no reason to negotiate with terrorists—just fish them out and kill them, simple. If it was that easy to smoke them out, that would be no problem. But we are dealing with a group of fanatics who have proved to be a tough touch. One, they have a brigade of suicide bombers in their ranks. You want to kill someone and he kills himself, taking you along in the process. That is serious. Two, they have a religious message. Religion offers the deepest penetration into believers’ emotions and for as long as they keep convincing their followers they are fighting for God, their ranks will continue to swell.

Three, they are loaded with weapons of destruction. If they carry only guns, you can engage them in gunfire exchange and hope to overpower them. But these folks manufacture explosives in their bedrooms, like retailers. The moment someone has knowledge of how to make basic explosives in the backyard, killing is liberalised. We would need a security operative in every house in town to be able to neutralise these fellows. Four, our security agencies are overwhelmed. This is a new experience for them. Our police force is trained mainly to fight armed robbery. The State Security Service (SSS) does not seem to have enough manpower to tackle the monster. The military is trained in territorial warfare, not terrorism. On top of it all, Boko Haram seems to have sympathy in certain sections, especially in the security agencies, political class and religious establishment. These factors will always make fighting Boko Haram a difficult task.

The security agencies record one or two successes against Boko Haram once in a while but this always pales into insignificance as soon as one successful attack is launched. The most deadly so far are the Kano attacks, which claimed 186 lives, according to official figures—or over 250, going by the more reliable unofficial sources. The most audacious would be the attack on Police Headquarters last year, which THISDAY announced the following day with the headline: “The Suicide Bomber is Finally Here”. The most embarrassing would be the attacks on UN Head Office in Abuja, which firmly put Nigeria on the international map of terrorism with all the stigma that comes with it. The most provocative would be the attack on St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Madalla on Christmas Day.

How do we tackle these guys? Their leader, Imam Abubakar Shekau, has said time and again that his mission is to Islamise Nigeria. But first, they would take out the security forces and overthrow the government. Then they would establish Islamic rule. That is what God told him, he said. They would continue to kill men “like chickens” as directed by his God, he also declared. So what do we do now? Raise the white flag of surrender and begin to queue up to be converted to Boko Haram’s version of Islam? Wait to be eliminated in instalments by their bombs? Continue to talk tough, hoping that Boko Haram would soon fizzle out? Continue the less-than-effective security operations until the next deadly attacks take place? Let’s be honest: we are in trouble. Boko Haram operatives are all over the country. All those okada riders and gatemen around you, most of them from neighbouring countries, would be willing tools in the hands of Boko Haram—that is if they are not planted by the sect in the first place.

A friend who works in Apapa narrated an experience to me three years ago. He said early one morning, a trailer full of motorbikes (okada) and young men parked somewhere in Apapa. As the young men disembarked one after the other, they were each given an okada. Many of them, he swore, did not know how to ride the damn thing nor did they even appear to know the geography of Lagos. But, sure, they would have learnt so much about Lagos as well as riding the motorbikes by now. Let’s hope that these are not Boko Haram operatives sent in advance. These guys plan well ahead and are very patient. When the military killed them in thousands in Maiduguri three years ago, we thought the menace was gone forever. It only retreated. The next time we saw Boko Haram, they were throwing bombs everywhere. They really take their time to achieve their goal. And that is quite scary!

So what now? There is a growing suggestion of dialogue, since the military option is not working very effectively. A parallel is being drawn with the terrorism in the Niger Delta, when militants held the oil industry to ransom. An amnesty programme by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua ended the militancy. But there is a fundamental difference. The Niger Delta militants said they wanted bigger control of oil revenue for their people. That is negotiable. Government could even concede projects and contracts to the region for the sake of peace. But Boko Haram militants say they want to Islamise Nigeria. So what do we negotiate in this instance? What would be the concessions to be granted in the dialogue with Boko Haram? It’s a bit complicated. If they were demanding that more roads should be constructed in the North-east or more hospitals should be built in the North-west, it would be easier to discuss.

In fact, Shekau, while responding to President Goodluck Jonathan’s statement that government could negotiate with Boko Haram if they would come forward, taunted the president, saying Jonathan must first convert to Islam. In effect, therefore, there is a marked difference between Boko Haram and Niger Delta militancy, and I don’t know if the same strategy would work. Any demand that has a religious undertone in a multi-religious society would only complicate matters. Nevertheless, if there are channels through which government could engage with Boko Haram and make them drop their pre-condition, I believe this should be seriously considered. The Borno leaders who are also canvassing dialogue may have access to the Boko Haram hierarchy. It is an option government could exploit.

1 Like

Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by VikkyD1: 4:52am On Nov 03, 2012
[/color]Can this people be pacified? I dont think so, in all the nations where terrorist opetrates, which of them has ever accepted dialogue? These people are satanic agents against Xtianity take or leave it. U dont pacify satan u only need to conquer him and remain vigilant against subsequent attacks. That is what America is doing till date. Our FG should do thesame and stop attempting the imposible. [color=#990000]Can this people be pacified? I dont think so, in all the nations where terrorist opetrates, which of them has ever accepted dialogue? These people are satanic agents against Xtianity take or leave it. U dont pacify satan u only need to conquer him and remain vigilant against subsequent attacks. That is what America is doing till date. Our FG should do thesame and stop attempting the imposible. Can this people be pacified? I dont think so, in all the nations where terrorist opetrates, which of them has ever accepted dialogue? These people are satanic agents against Xtianity take or leave it. U dont pacify satan u only need to conquer him and remain vigilant against subsequent attacks. That is what America is doing till date. Our FG should do thesame and stop attempting the imposible.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by konsand(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2012
The Fed Govt is behind all this. The GEJ-led govt has an alliance with this notorious sect in order to complete the number of souls agreed to be wasted in order to win the 2011 and to consolidate and retain the seat. Now that the number is about complete, the sect and the FG are telling us that they want to dialog for ceasefire. Even GEJ has told us during one of his presidential media talks that "people can be abusing me now till the end of 2012. After 2012, they will praise me." Because he knows that it is only after 2012 that the number of souls to be wasted will complete and the BH will stop their activities. DO NOT FOOL US. Only our prayer is that let the evil stop.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by kinguwem: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2012
Kslib: This is unacceptable.. Boko haram knows their days are numbered and want to cover up many secrets Nigerians dont know in the guise of negotiation... I believe if boko haram is dug to the roots,the facts that will emerge will open our eyes...
After killing thousands of innocent people,you just wake-up one day and demand for negotiation.To add insult to injury,our useless FG wants to give them an amnesty program.. Sometimes,i just suspect this Goodluck jona of a guy... My friends were killed in kano while they were playing a football match,mothers,innocent children were also killed for no reason..
Will this deal change the heartlessness of boko haram?
Will this deal give them a mindset that religion does'nt matter?
Will this deal make them to stop viewing an average christian as an enemy..
Rubbishh... Goodluck,you are a fool and may GOD punish you and all your retarded political friends who derive joy in playing with the lives of innocent Nigerians..
Rubbish
If your President is a fool, mine is not. Perhaps you & your people may be more foolish. The issue at stake is very simple. Boko Haram has demanded for dialogue. What should the FG do? The FG can create a forum for dialogue with the aim of knowing their source of funding & sponsors. On the other hand, the FG may decide to level them since the security agencies have captured a lot of their camps. Personally, I don't support negotiations with terrorists.
Re: FG May Accept Boko-Haram's Dialogue Offer With Condition by goodysavvy(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
konsand: The Fed Govt is behind all this. The GEJ-led govt has an alliance with this notorious sect in order to complete the number of souls agreed to be wasted in order to win the 2011 and to consolidate and retain the seat. Now that the number is about complete, the sect and the FG are telling us that they want to dialog for ceasefire. Even GEJ has told us during one of his presidential media talks that "people can be abusing me now till the end of 2012. After 2012, they will praise me." Because he knows that it is only after 2012 that the number of souls to be wasted will complete and the BH will stop their activities. DO NOT FOOL US. Only our prayer is that let the evil stop.
say what you know oh!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Faces Of Corrupt Political Leaders! / Supreme Court As Graveyard Of Electoral Mandates (By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.