Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community (27178 Views)

Atiku Abubakar: "FG May Collapse" / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times / Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by comos: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2016

Minister of State for Petroleum Resource, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, yesterday warned indigenes of Tarkwa Bay, host to the Atlas Cove Jetty, Nigeria’s biggest petroleum products reception, that the community was at risk of possible acquisition by the Federal Government, if they continued to shield pipeline vandals and oil thieves.

The minister, who issued the warning when he paid an unscheduled visit to the area, said: “We will take over the community if such activities persist,” and also told the community that they were also culpable in the criminal activities going on in the location.

Kachikwu, who expressed concern over the dilapidation of the national asset, noted that the jetty had assumed a prime spot for both local and international bunkering by vandalising the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC’s pipelines bearing refined petroleum products running across the island.

The Minister, who also doubles as the Group Managing Director, GMD, NNPC, took a tour of the community and was taken aback by the level of the illegal activities being perpetuated by vandals for their own personal gains at the expence of majority Nigerians.

During the tour, it was discovered that practically everyone in the community was involved in the illicit trade, as every hut or shanty visited was filled with loads of 50 litre jerry cans, with holes pierced through the pipelines to siphon products meant to be transported to other jetties and depots for onward distribution in the market.

He said: “What I have seen here today is amazing, very frustrating and an eye opener for the problem we are facing. I don’t think Nigerians understand the magnitude of the problems at hand; the more solution you bring in the more problems show up.

“This is a massive operation as you can see, it like a moving train where you can move two to three trucks using jerry cans and transport them through the water to different countries. This is a good discovery but the question is, how many more of this do we have to deal with? It is an eye opener but it’s very frustrating.”

He said the discovery of the hide-outs was made possible by the efforts of the extra security put in place by the government.

Noting that there was no immediate solution at hand, in view of the magnitude of the criminal activities, he however said solutions were a long term.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/vandalism-fg-may-acquire-tarkwa-bay-kachikwu-warns-community/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by OKKO(m): 11:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Let me think first...
Implement confab report...get true federalism...go 100% resource control...and finally get state or community police.

Both power and resources belongs to the people it is their natural endowment from God.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by tpiar: 11:18am On Jan 26, 2016
who currently owns the community?
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by comos: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
tpiar:
The IJAWS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Gozzzy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
the earlier we get our minds off this oil bullcrap, the better... oil issues av done us far more harm than good in this nation., and is still threatening to do more. angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by bokohalal(m): 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
tpiar:
comos:

The IJAWS
My guy ,why you wan start trouble?

3 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by comos: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
bokohalal:

My guy ,why you wan start trouble?
have you been to Takwa bay?

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Tarkwa Bay is the safest beach in Nigeria due to the low ocean current experienced on the
beach making even a non-swimmer to enjoy the water; unlike other beaches.

The resident should be careful and not let the government take-over my vacation spot

35 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Kyase(m): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Keneking:
Where is lalasticlala sef
e dey shit. lipsrsealed
Menh dem go so ban me ehn.
Goodbye in advance cry.
See you after one week.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
If the govt can take it over and resettle the inhabitants if truly they have legal titles to the place then I support. These ilegalities simply can't continue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Jusmudi(m): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
I tink dis man dey assist Buhari
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by pleiades45: 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
smiley
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by MadCow1: 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nice..

Its time we take off the kid gloves when dealing with these host communities. angry

The lands where these pipelines run through are properly acquired by the Government and yet these community folks keep blowing up the Pipelines and hoping to get compensation for the spillage.

Evict those communities and militarise the place with a shoot at sight order. This Economic sabotage has got to stop.

angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Sunnycliff(m): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
But the Confab report is a solution to all these. Why is the North against it and true Federalism

19 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Wizcollifa(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
for waiting na? U want war abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by olafum1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
I blame..........

wait, who I go blame sef

Nija, It shall be well wink
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by GANJAFARMER: 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
OKKO:
Let me think first...
Implement confab report...get true federalism...go 100% resource control...and finally get state or community police.

Both power and resources belongs to the people it is their natural endowment from God.
Some parasitic region can't survive all these you just mentioned.

8 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

The IJAWS

I doubt if the Ijaws own that place. There's NO way the Ijaws can own ANY part of Lagos, since we all moved there for greener pastures. I'm very familiar with that bay and have hundreds of Ijaw brothers and sisters but that's doesn't mean the Ijaws own Tarkwa bay.

At Topic: The FG should do more intelligence in that axis or fish out the vandals. Most of the vandals live either in the community, thereby villages or CMS....its very easy to isolate these guys. Rarely do the vandals come from outside the riverine communities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Oildichotomy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
Implement policies that will better the life of an average Nigerian, Then cutting corners to make money won't be so rampant.
Until that is done, You guys will continue to cry foul and blame people for every action.

There is poverty in the land Oga, Get that into your skull

6 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by GANJAFARMER: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:
But the Confab report is a solution to all these. Why is the North against it and true Federalism
Just like leeches they will prefer to die while sucking their host than carve out a niche for themselves. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by dytbabe: 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
Is there no where they don't acquire
Like my cousin will say
Oya let them use it to build exotic houses and shops
Name it Eko beach side

undecided undecided
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by agbalagba1: 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ok,kontinue
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:

The lazy Northern parasitic leaders have always any arrangement that will balance this lopsided system. ..but they won't do that for too long again.

3 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by M4gunners: 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bros Ibe,no forget say dem be your brothers and sisters oh.No go join Aböki dey kill ur people oh.

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Ussyberry(m): 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:
Nice..

Its time we take off the kid gloves when dealing with these host communities. angry

The lands where these pipelines run through are properly acquired by the Government and yet these community folks keep blowing up the Pipelines and hoping to get compensation for the spillage.

Evict those communities and militarise the place with a shoot at sight order. This Economic sabotage has got to stop.

angry

No mind them

It's my understanding that the place is man made!

So host community doesn't even factor.

I could be mistaken sha.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by afolajohn521(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
OKKO:
Let me think first...

agreed, so vandalism shld continue? think again.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
Take over sambisa first
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by nani212(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Saw this on nta network news last night. It was really an eyesore. After stealing and vandalizing pipelines, they will still demand for amnesty and when the government refuses, they start protesting and bombing.

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by miki70: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:
The IJAWS
for where in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by wink2015(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
[size=16pt]Is oil not gone? Are we suppose to be talking about oil at this time when the price of oil is $28 per barrel at the international market and with a further downslide of the price with the resumption of the republic of Iran into the league of international oil exporter after the lifting of international sanction.

Let President Buhari, the finance minster kemi adeosun, agriculture minister, audu ogbeh start thinking agriculture. our long throat for oil money done do!

If we massively invest in agriculture it will clear our street of the army of unemployed and underemployed graduate that we now have.

Federal government is over dwelling on oil and this is giving politician an opportunity to steal.

Nigerian future lies with agriculture, oil is gone for good.

My remark does not mean we should encourage vandalism of our pipeline in Nigeria. I am of the view that there should be enabling laws to check the trend of destruction of government properties. But the Buhari administration should without wasting time diversify our economy from this monoproduct one we are operating at the moment.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by kachnov(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
okay...is that the solution?

Visit my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos / President Buhari Commissions The New Airport Terminal In Abuja (Photos) / Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.