Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? (1399 Views)

Why Do All Wrist Watch Adverts Always Show The Same Time? / Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by ogzille(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
Since the introduction of Nairaland ads, I have noticed the poor quality ads being showcased on Nairaland! (design wise)

This is amazing as Seun has gone the extra mile to showcase some good advert designers here on Nairaland.

Is it that business owners cannot spare few thousands of naira to get good advert designs? or it does not really matter if the ad is well designed? or can't they reach good advert designers?

What is the problem?
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by suwailad(f): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogzille: Since the introduction of Nairaland ads, I have noticed the poor quality ads being showcased on Nairaland! (design wise)

This is amazing as Seun has gone the extra mile to showcase some good advert designers here on Nairaland.

Is it that business owners cannot spare few thousands of naira to get good advert designs? or it does not really matter if the ad is well designed? or can't they reach good advert designers?

What is the problem?

I was about to start a topic like this but in different sense.
I'm wondering why Seun accepts low quality adverts and low quality content sites like one advertising a free report 100 ways to make money. just check out the end site http://wealthhealthmix.com/free-report. hey whats that? you easily ban topics like this here in a heartbeat.but with money you accept and you dont even consider if it is worthy like that lottery advert.these topics you ban on the forum you advertise with money. but hey money must to enter cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by Seun(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogzille: Since the introduction of Nairaland ads, I have noticed the poor quality ads being showcased on Nairaland! (design wise)
That's an unfair generalization. Some of the ads are great and some of the ads are not so great. Some designs are awesome and some are basic. Such is life!

An astute observation, I must say.

This is annoying generalization because every advertiser is different. Some are willing to pay for good ads, others not. Sometimes designers are inconsistent. Every situation is different so you shouldn't generalize.

What is the problem?
Can you point out the specific ads that are ugly in your opinion? I would really appreciate that. I can't do much with generalized complaints.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by legalwealth(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
suwailad:

I'm wondering why Seun accepts low quality adverts and low quality content sites like one advertising a free report 100 ways to make money
just check out the end site http://wealthhealthmix.com/free-report. hey whats that? you easily ban topics like this here in a heartbeat.but with money you accept and you dont even consider if it is worthy like that lottery advert.these topics you ban on the forum you advertise with money. but hey money must to enter cool

You are right as the advert is somehow out of point and not delivering what is being promised and heck,the email capturing programme used doesn't have any security and who knows if it is a ? whichever way you people call it.

Something like that has to be tested and I think that that advertiser need more orientation about list building as I've been running mine using trafficwave with $17.95 PayPal cash for more than 6 months now and I've learnt alot of lessons about mail list building though "that is where the money is really in".

I taught that I've spoken well nailing on the two parties.
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by sisqology(m): 5:08am On Nov 03, 2012
suwailad:

I'm wondering why Seun accepts low quality adverts and low quality content sites like one advertising a free report 100 ways to make money. just check out the end site http://wealthhealthmix.com/free-report. hey whats that? you easily ban topics like this here in a heartbeat.but with money you accept and you dont even consider if it is worthy like that lottery advert.these topics you ban on the forum you advertise with money. but hey money must to enter cool

I was so surprised when i saw that too
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by ogzille(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2012
Seun:

This is annoying generalization because every advertiser is different. Some are willing to pay for good ads, others not. Sometimes designers are inconsistent. Every situation is different so you shouldn't generalize.

Those are questions which you can decide to provide answers to or skip; and cannot be classified as generalization.
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by mastercee(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2012
I couldn't believe it when I saw the advert myself. I thought this are the kind of adverts that get deleted immediately they are posted online. Well, I don't want to say Seun is After money, because I know he's not.
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2012
suwailad:

no response boss?
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by Seun(m): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2012
suwailad: I'm wondering why Seun accepts low quality adverts and low quality content sites like one advertising a free report 100 ways to make money. just check out the end site http://wealthhealthmix.com/free-report. hey whats that? you easily ban topics like this here in a heartbeat but with money you accept and you dont even consider if it is worthy
We care about quality of the products being advertised on Nairaland. So of course,I visited the site and subscribed to the updates. Most of the information there made sense to me, and that's why I accepted it. I care about the true nature of things and not just what they appear to be.

like that lottery advert.
I have mixed feelings about allowing lotteries and betting sites, but I think they serve as a valid form of entertainment for many people.
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by sisqology(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2012
Seun:
We care about quality of the products being advertised on Nairaland. So of course,I visited the site and subscribed to the updates. Most of the information there made sense to me, and that's why I accepted it. I care about the true nature of things and not just what they appear to be.

I have mixed feelings about allowing lotteries and betting sites, but I think they serve as a valid form of entertainment for many people.

Yeah it is
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by ITbomb(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
That Samsung hero advert link is not working.
It takes me to a blank page on facebook and ' page not found , go back home '
Don't know where to post this
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by Seun(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
ITbomb: That Samsung hero advert link is not working.
It takes me to a blank page on facebook and ' page not found , go back home '
Don't know where to post this
Which browser are you using and on what device? Also, what's your ISP? Thanks (It works on my system, all browsers)
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by ITbomb(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Seun:
Which browser are you using and on what device? Also, what's your ISP? Thanks (It works on my system, all browsers)
It is working on Firefox on pc but when I first checked it on operamini , E71 , airtel it was not and still not working
Re: Why Are Adverts On Nairaland Whack? by mkakan(m): 4:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Firstly..banner ads is not about beauty or a graphic competition.
Its all about clicks .

I will rather have an ugly banner ad that get clicks than a beautiful one that does not.

And by the way..one way to get clicks is to have an ugly banner ad.

So arguing about the aesthetic of banner ads is not very useful.

thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Contact Seun / Brazilian Businessman Buries His £310,000 Bentley So He Can Use It In The Afterl / Things Unhappy People Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.