Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria (13868 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Jamji: 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
Osaze doesn't want to play for Nigeria
by Sammy Wejinya 02 November 2012, 14:50

Head coach of the Nigeria national team, Stephen Keshi has sensationally revealed to supersport.com that West Bromwich Albion star, Osaze Odemwingie wants out of the Super Eagles.

Odemwingie last played for Nigeria in a 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Rwanda on February 29 in Kigali.

[b]Keshi has now revealed that he spoke to the WBA forward a week before Nigeria’s second leg final round 2013 Afcon qualifying game against Liberia on October 13 and that Odemwingie told him that he had decided not to play for Nigeria again.

“I spoke to Osaze before the Liberia game and he told me that he had decided not to play for Nigeria anymore,” Keshi told supersport.com.

The former Togo and Mali national team coach said Odemwingie took the time to explain the reasons for his decision not to play for the Super Eagles again.

“Osaze told me that he has no problems with me as a person and that he took his decision even before I assumed position as national team coach.

“He said he was unhappy at how he was treated in the past in the national team. He explained that prior to Nigeria’s participation at the 2010 Fifa World Cup, he played in all the qualifying games but was dropped at the finals.

“He said he was angry at the treatment meted out to him but did not discuss it with anyone. I told him that was not the best way to handle issues and that if he had already decided not to play for the national team, he should have opened up to me when I invited him to play,” Keshi said.

‘The Big Boss’ went on to reveal that he had an extensive discussion with the striker and tried to explain why things may have gone awry for him at the 2010 mundial.

“I told him that if the (Nigeria) coach (at the 2010 World Cup) benched him, he must have a reason for doing so and that things should have been handled differently.

“I told him that he should have spoken up and let me know. The coach has a reason and you can’t play in every game,” he said.

On Odemwingie’s future at the international stage, Keshi said he was still ready to accommodate the player in his squad while explaining that the final decision would still lie with the 31-year-old.

“I told him that he has to give me the room to work with him; for us to work together and if he does not like the way I work and the atmosphere in the camp, then he can decide to stop playing.

“Deciding that you don’t want to play for Nigeria because of what happened in the past is not the best.

“I understand his feelings. I think he might change his mind but I really don’t know. The ball is in his court,” Keshi concluded.[/b]

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/121102/Osaze_doesnt_want_to_play_for_Nigeria_Keshi
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
Jhezuz!

So Osaze is still bearing grudges and bitter about what happened 2 years ago? shocked He's even a bigger baby than I thought

Make hin go jare. . .we won't miss him at all as our team is brimming in the attack department.

I mean, who needs Osaze when there's an Ike Uche, Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye, Ejike Uzoenyi, Emmanuel Emmenike, Ekhigo Ehiosun, Obafemi Martins etc?

If no be hin wife and unborn baby, I for talk sey make hin go drink Hydrochloric Acid. tongue

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
Much as one is tempted to say his actions are unpatriotic, I don't see why any Nigerian should blame anyone else for not giving their best to a country that doesn't give much to its citizens.

18 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by iamswizz(m): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
So how does this satify my se.xual urge? grin

1 Like

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
Wetin be my own there ? how much i dey gain from them?
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ori boy yen ti daru. when Yakubu still want to play despite his..........at south Africa. eni taa to maa gbagba danu.
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by deluckiest(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
1supremo: ...

o boy u dey vex o! grin
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
So wetin make we do now? Shey make we follow beg am abi make we dey cry ni? embarassed
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by seedord247(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
iamswizz: So how does this satify my se.xual urge? grin

Use lotion if the soap is not letting it come out quick.

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by highlandre(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
I used to like the Osaze guy until he started putting up errant attitude. I actually support his decision to stop playing for Nigeria because what he has to offer may set us back.

Truth is good riddance ....

1 Like

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by fuckme: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
Na for him pocket.
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by iamswizz(m): 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
seedord247:

Use lotion if the soap is not letting it come out quick.

grin
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by oojjaayy(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
Osaze I think u should go and kiss hotplate. All this boys sef dnt v respect. Pride caused by supposed 2much money. We lack discipline here
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by gistme24(m): 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
He is likely afraid of being benched again.
He is one guy that Nigerians like, but why must these guys feel that the national team is their Father's property? Can he do the same if he is benched at WBA ?
He just wants an excuse to bail out IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Ocutegan(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
Wetin con consign me now. Osaze abeg do as you like jare
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by redcliff: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
let him getat na.. he has served his time a nd he is gradually becoming irrelevant to us already//
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Adabar: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
Osaze ke. He was even responsible for the draw that cost us the qualification : throwing up begging chances. The only player I ever begged was j j okocha.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by redcliff: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
gistme24: He is likely afraid of being benched again.
He is one guy that Nigerians like, but why must these guys feel that the national team is their Father's property? Can he do the same if he is benched at WBA ?
He just wants an excuse to bail out IMHO.

pls whats this IMHO thing u guys keep typing?
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by acidtalk: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
Who will like to play for this DEVILISH country?

A country filled with wicked and demonic people who even when you want to put smiles on their faces will always want to run you down.

I had to call Osaze to confirm this news.

Acidtalk - Osaze, how far?

Osaze - Acidtalk, I dey bam oh! How hustle?

Acidtalk - My brother, I dey oh! Na true say you wan fashie Super Eagles?

Osaze - My brother, no be lie oh! I don even try say I never bone them tehteh.

Acidtalk - But why take such decision?

Osaze - That country is filled of very evil people. See as them tarnish the career of Finidi and Oliseh even as much sacrifice those duo put into that team. Nigerians will only hail you when you are performing, once you get injured my brother you are on your own.

Acidtalk - What do you mean?

Osaze - See as they forgot about Dosu Joseph, Fashied Kanu when he heard that heart disease before God brought him back, Fashied Rashidi Yekini. That country doesn't deserve one puTting in extra effort, they never appreciate anything. Acidtalk, I need to get back to training. I will hail you later.

Acidtalk - hmmmm!!! Okay bro! Takecare.

11 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by tpapi: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
Thank God he is nt playin 4 SE,there is hope we r liftin d trophy next year,osaze is a distaction n traitor 2 d national team
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Smooyis(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
Biko, no vex. Listen to ya master keshi. We naijarians love u. No luk wetin den do you. D woeful perfomance in dat world cup has vindicated u. I expect dat u even tank God say den no use u.Biko, no vex. Listen to ya master keshi. We naijarians love u. No luk wetin den do you. D woeful perfomance in dat world cup has vindicated u. I expect dat u even tank God say den no use u.Biko, no vex. Listen to ya master keshi. We naijarians love u. No luk wetin den do you. D woeful perfomance in dat world cup has vindicated u. I expect dat u even tank God say den no use u.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by slimming: 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
invite. other. players who are ready.
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by simdam500(m): 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
Life is all bout choices o
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by sarutobie(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Typical ungrateful nigerians..playing for someone's country is a big honor to every footballer..for osaze to say he doesn't want to play means there must have been grave unfairness meted on him..and being the quiet type,bottled it up..which is what keshi is saying..the guy has put in his best for the national team for almost a decade and una dey here dey yan dust..

6 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by yuzedo: 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
redcliff: let him getat na.. he has served his time a nd he is gradually becoming irrelevant to us already//

So it is ok to use and dump?
See why nobody wants to give his all for super eagles again? Cos we don't give a f(u)ck about these guys, as if say dem be our slaves. As if say dem no get family.. Sad! Osaze did very well for us. I respect him till 2moro.. Himself and Enyeama held the team down when we were almost near-zero. They inspired the country and the team with their selflessness, dedication and quality.

The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain....... Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mtchew. He didn't deliver for Nigeria and Nigeria didn't treat him well.
Its 1:1.
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by acidtalk: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
Johnnoah1st: u are so stupid 4 dat comment, foolish baboon dude

Na mumu go kill you.
The truth is bitter so deal with it.
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by sambos994(m): 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
Why am I not surprised? Well, it was him that cost us that match against Guinea and AFCON qualifications. Good riddance, and enjoy your stay at WBA. Meanwhile, we have more than enough players that can win us AFCON. cool
Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Ibime(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Who wants to play for a team that keeps picking a hundred players.

Different players every match. You cannot even tell if some of dem paid egunje to be in the squad. NFF dey pick different players, coach dey pick different players, dem dey change coach every year. Nobody is actually building a team, just freestyling every game as it comes.

Why Osaze no go vex when pregnant 40-year old Yakubu was huffing and puffing on the pitch when he is on the bench, all because say Yakubu get connection. If na you, you no go demoralise?

Make Super Chickens carry go abeg.

See the Emenike that is burning down Russian league. As it stands, he has only ever played 5 matches for Naija despite being head and shoulders, no questions asked, the best Nigerian striker in the last decade.

Mscheeew!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Does Not Want To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
if i can remember nasri, evra, and some big players in france squad were sanctioned once.and they even payed fined to their country and they still remain loyal to their country.messi dat earn more than him have never given his country headache david Beckham will never fade away like dat in our mind. his still loyal to England no matter the money he has.ronaldo of brazil, carlos, ronaldinho, i mean many players that have made money in football and also face challenges in their countries. osaze as a striker has he scored goals more than ronaldo messi roney van persie in a season before? why is it that Nigerian players always want to be pampered like a baby.i understand we have problems in dis country politics and fraudsters, but you have enough money for your self, what is 2,000 dollars bonus to you osaze.naija no dey beg anybody o,150 million people no be 150 naira.goodluck with your club career.ordinary westbrom you dey do shakara,if you come join barca nko,that means you will even want jonathan to also beg you.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Were Robbed - Enyeama Fumes / I Hope To Go Back To Chelsea With Olympics Gold - Mikel. / Wike Splashes Cash Gift On Rivers United FC Players And Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.