Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? (16657 Views)

Lady 21-24 Required For Personal Assistant To Female / Vacancy For Personal Assistant/driver In Lekki-ajah Axis Of Lagos / Vacancy For Personal Assistant To A High-profile CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Having mine on wed and uh mm by God's Grace and His infinite mercy I am gonna do my best with confidence and straight to the point! Boldness and confidence will be my watch word!
You guys are definitely doing great job here that's what defines a true NL
Btw., as you step into the interview room what precisely would I do,am I suppose to open the door,and stand infront of them and sit when asked to,and what are we suppose to answer with precision if they ask us to introduce ourselves?
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by tpapi: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
aweleokolo: I am a PA and I enjoy my job.

First, you should be prepared to work longer hours than other employees especially when your boss requires it.

Discretion in paramont in this role. You will be privileged to classified information by virtue of your position.

During your interview be calm, polite and straight to the point. In my experience, MD's like people who can communicate clearly and quickly. Make your point, give relevant examples and stop.

Emphasise that your ethicaland moral standards and integrity when you are asked about your strengths and weaknesses.

Be sure you are competent with Microsoft Office tools and outlook. (Excel and Word are about to be your new best friends)

Make it clear that you are willing to work flexible hours and travel when required.

To show that you are interested in the job and your career, ask them what your typical day as an assistant will be like? Ask your scope of work and find out about your career progression withing the organisation. (Unless you want to be a PA forever)

Don't bring up salary talk until they do. When they do? Ask them what the previous person in that role was earning. They will play on your lack of experience so highlight your strengths and negotiate careful. But act like it isn't all about the money. Act like you are more interested in the oppourtunity to support and contribute to the success of the management team.

Finally, remember to pray for Guidance and Favour. That His Will be done.
Goodluck.
pls can u xplain ow moral ethics n integrity r both strength n weakness

1 Like

Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by mu2sa2: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
Relax and answer d questions intelligently. If u ar successful, fine. If u ar not, keep on searching. Chikena.
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by tpapi: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
sconsults: [size=18pt]you really do not need to prepare for anything. just trust in the holy spirit and pray to saint Gregory of Nyssa and saint ignatius of loyola and i promise you everything would work out fine. recite our father 100 times and do not eat meat for one week, then make sure your sins was confessed to a reverend father and if possible give all your money to charity trusting in the holy spirit to provide for you[/size]
too much weed

1 Like

Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by Boo1: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
ok. So pple on NL av forgotten that d venue for the interview is a Fastfood, and they r not asking questns?
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
Boo!!!!!:
ok. So pple on NL av forgotten that d venue for the interview is a Fastfood, and they r not asking questns?
Where you from
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by mkoabiola: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Na gr8 ppu plenty 4 NL ooooo
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by netawuf: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Boo!!!!!:

who is this aboki?
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by Beync(f): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
sconsults: [size=18pt]you really do not need to prepare for anything. just trust in the holy spirit and pray to saint Gregory of Nyssa and saint ignatius of loyola and i promise you everything would work out fine. recite our father 100 times and do not eat meat for one week, then make sure your sins was confessed to a reverend father and if possible give all your money to charity trusting in the holy spirit to provide for you[/size]
my friend, heaven help those who help themselves. Don't prepare for interview u expecte God to work miracle?. Abeggi
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by aweleokolo: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2012
DonalĂ° Genes: Having mine on wed and uh mm by God's Grace and His infinite mercy I am gonna do my best with confidence and straight to the point! Boldness and confidence will be my watch word!
You guys are definitely doing great job here that's what defines a true NL
Btw., as you step into the interview room what precisely would I do,am I suppose to open the door,and stand infront of them and sit when asked to,and what are we suppose to answer with precision if they ask us to introduce ourselves?

When you walk in, you smile, give a polite and general Good morning by making quick eye contact as many interviewers as you can. After they respond, ask if you can take a seat.
Goodluck.
Re: Tips For Personal Assistant Interview?? by aweleokolo: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2012
tpapi: pls can u xplain ow moral ethics n integrity r both strength n weakness

(In my opinion)
High Moral/Ethical standards as a strength: You don't steal, cheat, take bribes etc.

As a weakness: Given our very corrupt Nigerian enviroment, you may be percieved by some as being strict, unprogressive, and "unwilling to do what it takes" to keep the job.

Hope my explanation helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Company Is A Scam! / How To Download Npower PPA Letter On Npower Dashboard / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.