Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,805 members, 7,862,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (110720 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2010
The Madrid Machine is ticking along quite nicely. Real Madrid are currently trashing Deportivo 4 nil @ the Bernabeu. Those Goals were scored by Ronaldo,Oezil, Di Maria and Higuain
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Kx: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2010
morinho for life.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by mamagee3(f): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2010
Real Madrid thrashed Deportivo with a 6-1 smack down. . .

It didn't look like a football match, it looked like a mere child's play.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2010
our team so endowed, o se
our new pitch so endowed, o se
our coach so endowed, o se
we just so endowed, o se
REAL MADRID SO ENDOWED
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 8:41am On Oct 04, 2010
Congrats!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by DrKitaun(m): 2:12am On Oct 06, 2010
FBS:

Congrats!!!

wink wink wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 8:17am On Oct 06, 2010
Dr Kit, eyan mi. How now?
I guess Barca fans dey pee for their pants now? grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by DrKitaun(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2010
u dey mind dem ?

they were becoming louder than the newbie chavs u know ? grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

u dey mind dem ?

they were becoming louder than the newbie chavs u know ? grin

wonder if villa will be criticised as much as ibra while he was with them.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by DrKitaun(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
Abeg leave Villa jor . . .very soon he will realize he made a mistake joining them grin

I would have preferred he joined Mdrid or even AC Milan.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2010
Another three points in the bag, now top of the table and good to see the teams blending well now. cool
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2010
Next on the line is Milan which of course will be a tough game(hopefully not) but I still bliv we gonna beat 'em.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by v3: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2010
Now thats how we do!!

Viva Mou, Viva Madrid cool cool
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyoniggar(m): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2010
Yall can bask in the glory of initial_gragra/luck for the main time,

The tough phase of the season will soon start and we sha
see where you guys can get past. grin wink cheesy
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
eyoniggar:

Yall can bask in the glory of initial_gragra/luck for the main time,

The tough phase of the season will soon start and we sha
see where you guys can get past. grin wink cheesy

na you sabi
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by BlackRevo: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
We are 2 goals up already . . . good to see oezil and ronaldo clicking together. cool
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
and the special one prevailed again.

where them haters now

CR7 is hawt like fire
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2010
Two goals up already and good to see the team working together now . . . benzema need to pick himself up because higuian is really shining now.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2010
Was the third goal off-side?  embarassed

I guess it is time for ronaldo to win the pichichi.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by scantee(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
6-1 crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

forza barca
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2010
La Liga is turning out to be a big joke. . . . Barca win, then Real win next week they do it all over again - why don't they just let Barca & Real play each other NBA play-off style for the championship while the rest just go ahead and play for European places!?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by mystikal(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2010
Forza Madrid
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2010
RuuDie:

La Liga is turning out to be a big joke. . . . Barca win, then Real win next week they do it all over again - why don't they just let Barca & Real play each other NBA play-off style for the championship while the rest just go ahead and play for European places!?
Said exactly the same thing last season.
The league is not competitive at all.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2010
StarBoard:

and the epl that is competitive has won the UCL how many times within the last ten years?
ANS: 2
for the la liga ,how many times?
ANS: 4
for the serie A?
ANS: 3

hence the less competitive league has been more competitve than the epl, even the serie A clubs have a better comp[etitive standing.
Tell me the EPL has better market value I will sooooo agree to that but competitive the lal liga is also competitive in its own right.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
BTW
CR7-----------------10/10
we're so endowed
HALA MADRID
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by SeanT21(f): 1:07am On Oct 24, 2010
Cris scored 4 goals. You are the best!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 2:08am On Oct 24, 2010
SeanT21:

Cris scored 4 goals. You are the best!!

Yeah and he is the highest goal scorer in the league now.

RuuDie:

The end result is the most important factor for me . . . looking back six years from today who has been winning the local leagues in europe?.

Seria - Inter
La liga - Real - Barca
Epl - Manu - Chelsea
Ligue 1 - Lyon*
Bundesliiga - Bayern*

So which league is now competitive?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 2:10am On Oct 24, 2010
StarBoard:

At least more competitive than EPL.

since the begining of epl only 4 teams have won. Less than the La Liga in the same period. The bundesliga is still the most competitive
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2010
@dayokanu,usbcable,
I only have to look at last season's la Liga to draw that conclusion.
The gap between Real Madrid and Valencia in 2nd and third place respectively was an astonishing 24 points at the end of the season.
Truth is, La Liga can only be won by Real or Barca.Most games involving the two sides are routine processions.You already know who wins before the games are played.I'm not touting for the EPL,but definitely La Liga isn't the most competitive league out there.
I know the money isn't quite there,but on the field,Seville,Valencia and who ever else that makes it into the CL don't go far in recent times.
I wouldn't measure the competitiveness of a league on factors like how many sides have won the title in a given period.I only look at the UEFA co-efficients to tell me the answer,and as of now,Spain is below England as regards CL places.That tells me all I need to know.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2010
^^ Just 2 seasons ago Barcelona was 3rd, While EPL in recent times have been Chelsea Man Utd affair.

How does UEFA co-efficient translate to competitiveness?

2006/2007 gap between 2nd Chelsea and Liverpool 3rd was 15 points.

05/06 Gap between 3rd Liverpool and Arsenal 4th was 15 points

2004/2005 gap between 3rd and 4th was 16points.

2003/2004 gap between 3rd and 4th was 15 oints

The mid table La Liga teams still managed to do well in Europa cup e.g Athletico, Valencia and Sevilla The last EPL side to win the UEFA cup/Europa cup was Liverpool right?

La Liga is definitely more competitive
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2010
The UEFA co-efficient is used as a ranking system for leagues across Europe,and consequently a guide for filling up slots in their competitions (Champions League and Europa League combined).It only makes sense that the stronger leagues have more teams in their competitions.That's where I'm looking.
Besides,I view the Champions League as UEFA's biggest competition. Why should a league that is temred competitive not have its contestants in the competition progress further
Presently,England is ranked No. 1 in Europe followed by Spain on that co-efficient.I think that's enough for me.
Yes the gaps you mentioned happened,but since then the gap has reduced.
2007-08:Chelsea in 2nd were only 2 points ahead of Arsenal in 3rd
2008-09:Liverpool in 2nd were only 3 points ahead of Chelsea in 3rd
2009-10:Man United in 2nd over Arsenal-10 points.
This is a reduction from the numbers you posted.
Also two seasons ago,Chelsea were 3rd.In recent times in La Liga,it's been only Real and Barca rotating the title in 2 year shifts.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2010
^^

Like dayo has explained to you and asked you . . . uefa's coefficient is not so important when judging the competitiveness of a league. Bayern Munich success in europe alone is threatening the slots for Italian teams in the champions league and same with lyon for france. We are talking about domestic league and not europe so lets restrict it to that level. Only two teams has been winning the league in most domestic league so where is the competitiveness, Hercules defeated barca at home and went to draw at Villarreal, during the kings cup small teams always disgrace real madrid and deportivo has always defeated madrid in their stadium for almost 20 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.