Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model (24314 Views)

My Toyota Camry Engine Excessive Fuel Consumption / Toyota Camry Engine With Stripped Head Bolt Issue: '03 (big 4 Nothing) / Freelander On Camry Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by romityl: 5:52am On May 17, 2015
Who said am broke am stil rocking my freelander stdy .

1 Like

Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Nobody: 10:12am On May 17, 2015
romityl:

Pictures of this hybrid conversion will be nice, that way we all get educated.
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by olabukola: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
I need any mechanic in Lagos that can do this conversion for me. I am coming to Nigeria next month and need it done urgently. I don't like flying at all especially.
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by FabulousAutos(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2016
romityl:

Quite interesting. I spent over 200k just to keep the useless Landrover engine alone and after much frustrations, the mechanic sold that idea of conversion to me. I met a friend who converter with 2000 2.2ltr Camry engine and has been using it for over 2 years without any issue so I was encouraged to give it a try. Its almost a year that I did the conversion and my Landrover has not given me a single issue. It has now become my everyday workhorse. I don't even have plans of changing it anytime soon. The fuel economy is so amazing. I travelled to PH with it recently and the performance was quite impressive on the expressway. The only issue is the power drop when compared to the original V6 engine but l don't mind as long as I can comfortably do 130km on the expressway without any issue as regards to stability. My regret is that l was reluctant to do the swap at the beginning. Freelander is built very strong safe for the engine and transmission which are so unreliable. If l had listened to the mechanic much earlier, l would have saved myself from sleepless nights and money that it took me to keep the engine alive.
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2016
What is the attraction with this horrible, poorly-built British SUV?

Why not simply buy an SUV with proven mechanicals, rather than buy a bad one, and have to carry out an alien transplant, just to get rid of the inadequate Rover K-Series motor? The Freelander had over 120 faults from the factory, the engine was just 1 of them. It will NEVER be a good buy.

The only reason Nigerians choose to buy these British Junkers is the ease with which they can be converted from RHD to LHD. No other reason that I can see, as it's not even the best-looking SUV out there.

Just my take on things.

1 Like

Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Marpol: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
Siena:
What is the attraction with this horrible, poorly-built British SUV?

Why not simply buy an SUV with proven mechanicals, rather than buy a bad one, and have to carry out an alien transplant, just to get rid of the inadequate Rover K-Series motor? The Freelander had over 120 faults from the factory, the engine was just 1 of them. It will NEVER be a good buy.

The only reason Nigerians choose to buy these British Junkers is the ease with which they can be converted from RHD to LHD. No other reason that I can see, as it's not even the best-looking SUV out there.

Just my take on things.

It is cheap!
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Marpol:

It is cheap!

And there's a reason for that - you pay the ultimate price later.

Even the Brits don't want these nasties.
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by nissparts(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Siena:

And there's a reason for that - you pay the ultimate price later.
Even the Brits don't want these nasties.

Haba!! Isnt that death??

grin I keed.

1 Like

Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 04, 2016
the people dat did it should come and give us there mechanics number na alot of people wanna do it too
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by ASL33: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
the people dat did it should come and give us there mechanics number na alot of people wanna do it too
I need a mechanic asap
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by bakang: 7:32am On Sep 26, 2017
I would like to change swap my freelander engine with camry engine. what type of engine to use
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by bodnel: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Gurus in the house i drive an suv renault duster 2011 manual , can it be converted to an automatic toyota camry engine ? if yes what is the costing please ?
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by hentech911: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
I won't doubt the op, because I've seen same car with Camry engine in bayelsa, and the owner is enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by Dozieson(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
I have seen a Hyundai Santa Fe with 2zr engine and gear box in zuba spare parts market. The owner said he is enjoying it
Re: Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model by frprof(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
Happy New year my people. This thread has lasted but very relevant. I want to swap my 2004 Ford Freestar with any working Toyota engine. Need expert help for contact please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council / Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? / Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.