Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl (5942 Views)

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) / Relaxer For Soft Hair, Ur Recommendations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by wilsonjay: 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
Pls I need the candid advice of doctors in the house if it is proper to use hair relaxer for a two year old girl.this issue has been a source of disagreement between me and my wife .
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2012
This is beyond health isssue my brother..
Please if you do not want your little girl to start asking you for brazillian hair at age 10, suspend such action!
things like Relaxer, make-up accessories, earrings, complex hair-do etc.. shouldn't be given to a 2yr old girl
All she needs now lies in the classroom & kitchen..
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by dominique(f): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
Its wrong wrong wrong. Don't expose the young hair to chemicals. It could cause permanent damage to her hair/scalp. Wait till she's atleast 8.

1 Like

Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by tjskii(f): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2012
Don't really know bout this cos I don't ave a daughter yet,but I see those early beginning relaxers in d market and thyr suposd to be milder than the normal relaxers,they kinda blow out d hair so that its not painful for the kid wen she's weavin/combing her hair

Or better stil use a straightening comb on her hair
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
wilsonjay: Pls I need the candid advice of doctors in the house if it is proper to use hair relaxer for a two year old girl.this issue has been a source of disagreement between me and my wife .

Nooooooooo!!! I prob know why... Cos her hair is too thick and she cries everytime? Just tell her to put conditioner when she washes her hair and fix it right away OR use Detangler on her hair...works great on dry hair , any hair ..... Abeg pls no no to relaxer!!!

2 Likes

Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by VICKYCHI6(f): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
But i have been using adult relaxer for my baby ever since she is 1year and three months, now she is 2yrs and no harm on her scalp

1 Like

Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 03, 2016
It is not recommended
The harsh chemical cocktail such as the ones used in relaxers can seriously mess up your child’s health.Rather than pick a fight with your wife talk to her .leave in conditioner works wonders on children's hair. Most children who have relaxed hair in infancy end up with unhealthy hair as adults.
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by K9blunt(f): 1:59am On Nov 03, 2016
This is so wrong, have you and your wife ever thought how our ancestors coped without relaxers before the colonial people came and brainwashed us?

This is how it begins, the stigma of relaxed hair is better than nappy hair..... Relaxer is not good for either adult or kids....

Rather tell your wife to make research Google is always a friend and doesn't discriminate.... She should find out things she can do to make her daughters hair less painful to combs.. ..

Shea Butter is very good for softning hairs, conditioners are very good for softening hairs.....

I just wonder when we will all learn! Smh!
Re: Using Hair Relaxer For A Two Year Old Girl by Onegai(f): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
VICKYCHI6:
But i have been using adult relaxer for my baby ever since she is 1year and three months, now she is 2yrs and no harm on her scalp

Oh. My. God.

Ha!

Don't worry, in some years, you will start seeing the effects. Relaxers can melt plastic and no doctor will allow a child of theirs under the age of 12 use it and our dermatologist insists that if we as adults are to use relaxers, not more than 4 times a year, he will yell at me if I dare use it on my LO...and you have been using it since a year plus. Oh my God...

Anyhoo, all the best, you're her mum. Final decision lies with you. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nine West’s “amrit” Boots Are In Vogue This Fall / Trending Ghana Weaving Styles 2019 That Is So Cute / Check Out Kids With Mind Blowing Long Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.