Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Movie Stories: Entertainment Versus Self-Expression - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Stories: Entertainment Versus Self-Expression (966 Views)

Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Naruto Shippuden Versus New Bleach: Which Is The Better Anime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie Stories: Entertainment Versus Self-Expression by Seun(m): 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
Do you make a movie to entertain people, to say something to society, or both?

Hollywood movies seem to be all about entertainment, but in my experience it's beginning to seem as if the process of coming up with a movie script is so thankless and painful that one may as well write the script for one's personal enjoyment and hope that others will equally enjoy the story. It's unlike other businesses in which you can just ask your customers what they want. People are vague and unhelpful when it comes to movies.

How does one balance these two priorities when choosing a concept for one's movie?
Re: Movie Stories: Entertainment Versus Self-Expression by Seun(m): 10:06am On Feb 25, 2008
Thanks for that. "A little bit of both" is a good answer, but how does that work in practice? I'm still trying to figure that out, but I'm beginning to notice elements in my story pitches that are related to certain personal experiences. Maybe that's what gives one the stamina to follow through with a story.

(1) (Reply)

Royco Advert! / Please Help On To Draft A Detailed Budget For Sponsors For A Reality Tv Show / Favorite 5 Tv-shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.