Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,235 members, 7,853,212 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

What Does It Cost To Forgive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Cost To Forgive? (480 Views)

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Cost To Forgive? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
TRUE LIFE STORY

as little teenager, an evangelist's daughter was sitting at the parlour with her loving dad, she said, 'dad, I wanna tell u something, long ago when I'as quite younger, that our next door neigbour, who is now a priest, raped me!'. As the dad heard this, he immediately felt like killing the neigbour.

But on reaching his flat, he said, 'I know what u did to my daughter, and I forgive you, can we be friends?', the man admitting what he did with tears dripping down from his eyes, accepted the man's friendship, up till today, they're still good friends and neigbours.

I don't know who has wronged u, I don't know the gravity and magnitude of the offence, but I just wanna let u know that u can forgive, even though he/she doesn't deserve it. I don't deserve to be forgiven by God, you don't deserve it neither, I dont deserve, for Jesus who is God, Who sees my sins to come to die for me, to continue longing for me even in my straying moments, neither do you, you can equally act same way, unforgiveness will only kill you,
even though the mother of the child in Santiago was hurt from the killing of her only son by a lady that was sitting with him, she announced during his burial that she's forgiven him. You can do the same, I can do the same. After been dragged for several miles on the road, as a result of her coat being cut-up by the side of a reckless driver, she forgave the taxi driver on her dying bed, and pleaded that his licence shouldn't be seized. On attending the woman's burial, the man publicly accepted Christ, for he felt so guilty, and saw himself as undeserving of the woman forgivin him. U can let go, u can be free of the bitterness and allow GOD's work in ur life..remember the story of the man who was cleared of millions of dollar dept but refused to clear just a little despite all pleadings in the bible?, read down from Matt 18:21 to the 35th verse,. Think on what Christ has done for you, He didn't repay you for ur wrongs,..

Right now you can choose to forgive that person, u can pick up the phone and call him/her rightaway, or is it ur dad?, mum?, or the merciless killers of your relative?, just take that step, and have rest and peace, and secure ursef a glorious eternity. May God bless u as u forgive today.

(1) (Reply)

Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain / The Question That Every Man Needs To Answer. / Bishop David Oyedepo Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.