Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,522 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain (481 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by fijiano202(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
I understand its bondly written in the bible,quran and the book of moses that '' thou shall not kill'' its a great sin if u do that but theres a big question have been pondering abt and i havent found a suitable answer to quench my Urge and sense of reasoning.
I understand we have different interpretation and understanding of the holy books but i would like a straightforward and honest answer to this.

In an instance Where armed robbers payed u a visit and u were later tortured due to the fact that they couldnt get enough from u and due to their lapses you saw an opening and ran for the door but on ur way out u forcefully pushed 1 of them just for u to escape.
After some hours u came back to ur house to meet a large crowd sorrounding a dead body and u recognize him as the guy u pushed,he died cos he broke his neck after the push

Pls does that count as u killing Someone and committing a great sin?
Re: Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by member16: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Watching from the sidelines
Re: Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by k2039: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Self defence is not anywhere close to killing in my book.

Infact if you had shot any of them as a form of self defence I see nothing wrong.

Beside OP,your case is straight forward,your's was not even intentional,it was an accident(to me no sin committed).

2 Likes

Re: Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by Callotti: 4:59am On Nov 05, 2012
I don't think so.
Considering that the Christian God THE KILLER OF ALL KILLERS!
It would be hypocritical to judge others on that note! kiss
Re: Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by Mynd44: 12:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Self defence is not a crime or a sin. If during the robbery, you had a chance to grab a weapon and fight them back and in the process, you were able to kill one of them, you committed no sin as you were only trying to defend yourself and preserve your life
Re: Thou Shall Not KILL!!! A Question For Muslim And Christain by fijiano202(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks for all ur response but is there any record of self defence in any of the holy books

(1) (Reply)

The Question That Every Man Needs To Answer. / Your Last Chance To Get It Right Or Be Forever Damned. (A Must Read!!!) / Special Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.