Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? (2317 Views)

As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? / Can This Be True Wit A Pass Degree? / I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by kunlenki(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2008
CAN SOMEONE WITH GOOD GRADE FROM THE UNIVERSITY BUT WITH PASS IN MATHEMATICS WORK IN A BANK.pLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by sw: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2008
My Guy which University did u finished from, because reputable Universities like U.I, OAU, UNILAG, even ABU will never accept a pass in mathematics for any discipline.

Well on the subject matter most of the Banks now make emphasis on at least 5 credit with at least C6 in English & Maths

1 Like

Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by sw: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2008
My Guy which University did u finished from, because reputable Universities like  U.I, OAU, UNILAG, even ABU will never accept a pass in mathematics for any discipline.

Well on the subject matter most of the Banks now make emphasis on at least 5 credit with at least C6 in English & Maths
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by flakus: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hi Kunlenki, dont ever limit your self by your degree. I had a 3rd class from OSU in Microbiology (of all courses) undecided in 2001. I then proceed to serve in Reliance bank, PH. then moved to MTN. the job in MTN was great with great pay and God was faithful, i was able to save up money and go to the UK for a diploma in Business admin and then a Masters in international PR (all this sponsored by God through my own hard work). Eventually P&G nigeria recriuted me from London and flew me Back to Nigeria. I worked for them for a year before i was offered a job as an accounts director in an Adveritsment agency. grin
ALL FROM SOMEONE WHO GRADUATED WITH A THIRD CLASS! Let God stand for you and your intelligence, hardwork and perceverance speak for you. Be encouraged! wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by soapdish(f): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2008
sw:

My Guy which University did u finished from, because reputable Universities like You.I, OAU, UNILAG, even ABU will never accept a pass in mathematics for any discipline.

[/quote
UNILAG stopped accepting a pass in Mathematics after 1998 session so the question of which school he graduated from does not arise. It is possible that he was admitted before the compulsory cedit in maths started.
@ poster

YES, you can work in a Bank if you have a good grade without a credit in maths.

Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by ishmael(m): 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
Stop all those noise. So many people with pass in O'level Maths work in the Banks too. I know them and i have seen a lot of them and they've not even bothered to remedy it. Most of them went into the university through Pre-Degree or Remedials.

Yes you can get a Bank job with that. Bank job in Nigeria na God or through connection.
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by tipsydude(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ kunlenki

guy please do not bother urself about ur O'level maths grade cos it aint gonna tie u down unless u tie urself down. But make sure that the course u studied in school accepted a P in maths as at the time of ur admission and it was so stated in the jamb brochure of that time. once u r sure abt dis, go 4 any apt test or job interview with confidence.

don't let anybody tell u otherwise.
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by kunlenkirol(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
tipsydude:
@ kunlenki

guy please do not bother urself about ur O'level maths grade cos it aint gonna tie u down unless u tie urself down. But make sure that the course u studied in school accepted a P in maths as at the time of ur admission and it was so stated in the jamb brochure of that time. once u r sure abt dis, go 4 any apt test or job interview with confidence.

don't let anybody tell u otherwise.
cool Thanks friends, I want to appreciate you guys for a wonderful work. With your moral boosting advice, I am coming back to say thank you cos today, after about 8yrs of posting dis, God has been kind to me. He showed me that He is the Big Man that answers prayers. I am not doing bad at all. Thanks. Love you. P is not a barrier.

2 Likes

Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by ycomics: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by XtraSmooth404: 12:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Yes you can. If you can scale through the aptitude tests comprising numerical reasoning, then you're good to go. For interview, I will advise you to point out your strength that revolves round marketing or customer service, etc. That can get you posted to marketing section. If you find yourself in operations, you might end up making some mathematical errors @ your own detriment. Finally, I believe you'll still undergo a sorta coaching @ bank training schools to understand the nitty-gritty of what you'll be doing. Goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by Pweetymoi1: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
I think most multinational coys , banks and sometimes even one man coys lay emphasis on credit passes in English and Maths.
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by benzion72(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Funny guy. For the past four or five years spent in the university you did not deemed it fit to retake and do your Math. For your information you O level does not count in some banks, the deposit you can bring will sustain you.
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
kunlenkirol:
cool Thanks friends, I want to appreciate you guys for a wonderful work. With your moral boosting advice, I am coming back to say thank you cos today, after about 8yrs of posting dis, God has been kind to me. He showed me that He is the Big Man that answers prayers. I am not doing bad at all. Thanks. Love you. P is not a barrier.
cool
Re: Can Some1 With A Pass In Maths But Good Degree Work In A Bank? by Bianda24: 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Truly a P is not a barrier. Infact nothing is a barrier except you. There is God factor in all we do. Without Him, we are nothing. I am a living witness.

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Is Recruiting! / lets laff / Crown Oil, Notification Of Appointment...if U Got The Mail, Its Fraud Ooooo!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.