Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted (11438 Views)

Amaechi & Wife, Judith, Loved Up In New Photos / Exclusive: Rotimi Amaechi's wife In A Multi-billion Naira Corruption Scandal / Photo: Compare Wike Vs Amaechi's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by mjay(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
Rivers: Amaechi’s wife’s driver electrocuted

The Rivers State Government House was thrown into a mourning mood on Saturday following the shocking death of one of the security drivers to Dame Judith Amaechi, wife of Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

The deceased, Ibiba Jack, in his early forties, was electrocuted while trying to rescue another staff of the Government House who was trapped in a naked wire while mowing the grass on sanitation day.

Witnesses said Ibiba used his leg to disentangle the man who was already struggling with a current from a naked wire which entrapped the mower blade that he was using to cut the grass, but unknown to him, he was already standing on a live wire which got him electrocuted instantly.

Confirming the sad incident, the Chief of Staff, Rivers State Government House, Chief Tony Okocha who described the death of the convoy driver as “unfortunate” attributed the cause to “carelessness”.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=55971
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
That's very sad. He was brave. RIP.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Would he have rescued the staff if he had known there was an "unclad" wire nearby?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by hoodboy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
So who are they calling careless, the deceased? If so I'ld say it is a rather insensitive statement

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Chanchit: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Would he have rescued the staff if he had known there was an "unclad" wire nearby?

So that is all you can say about the issue...? Anyway me I'm not a superman in nature, so I could just stand like 5yrds back and shout for the supermen like the driver to come.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Callotti: 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hope nor be 'ritual' o? wink
R.I.P
The will of GOD again!
Praise his HOLY NAME! kiss
What a MARCIFOO GOD!!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by musajohn80: 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
RIP
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by PapaBrowne(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
hoodboy: So who are they calling careless, the deceased? If so I'ld say it is a rather insensitive statement

Sadly it appears like an insensitive fact.

However instaed of looking at it from the angle of carelessness, I'd rather look at it as selflessness. He literally sacrificed his own life to save someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by gramci: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
Callotti: Hope nor be 'ritual' o? wink
R.I.P
The will of GOD again!
What a MARCIFOO GOD!!!! cry

Must you comment?
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by bigx(m): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
"Unclad" wires are evil.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Callotti: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
gramci:

Must you comment?

Yes! cool
You need some roach-poison? kiss
The question should be:MUST YOU READ/COMMENT ON MY POSTS?
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by ubong560(m): 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
I sense political rituals in dis against 2015. Abi no b so?
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Callotti: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abi oooooooh!!! "OGWU EGO IN PROGRESS"! cheesy
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Kslib(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
r..I..P.. All my own be say make dem take care of him family...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Gwazah(m): 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
"Carelesness"? @chief of staff, A man of ur position shuldn't hav drop dis careless statement, is "unfortunate" he is not ur broda dats y u speak dis official blondas nd abuse of office. A dead man is always right cos nobody is wise when his time come.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by stolenstone: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
nairaland and all these unclad things, LWTMB with them censorship on words! Seun abeg free some unclad words frm your censorship prison

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by ogahope(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=ubong560]I sense political rituals in dis against 2015. Abi no b so?[/quot
Say sometin reasonable b4 u walk ur self into rituality.

D best option would've been, disconnectin d wires or cal on d engrs to do so. I believ som Electrical engrs must b within. Al dsame RIP. A man dt lay down his life 4 a friend...... Adieu
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by mallorca(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
RIP
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Bright2(m): 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Some times i wonder wat will unclad wire be doing in government house,so even in government house safety is a secondary issue? The works department should be held responsible for poor installation!so if it were to be the Governor's relative will the chief of staff attribute it to carelesness? Safety first!
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by u3fine(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
He was my former neighbour

Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by miqos02(m): 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Bright2: Some times i wonder wat will unclad wire be doing in government house,so even in government house safety is a secondary issue? The works department should be held responsible for poor installation!so if it were to be the Governor's relative will the chief of staff attribute it to carelesness? Safety first!
True talk
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by saintneo(m): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
May his brave soul rest in peace.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Nickydrake(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
A SHOCKING tale indeed.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by legalwealth(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
Too sad but RIP...
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by lumeneng22: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Pls ma pple, stay away from anything unclad in the SE it is dangerous to ur health.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by lumeneng22: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Bright2: Some times i wonder wat will unclad wire be doing in government house,so even in government house safety is a secondary issue? The works department should be held responsible for poor installation!so if it were to be the Governor's relative will the chief of staff attribute it to carelesness? Safety first!
.When work becomes a family and friends issue, you find square pegs in round holes. Competencies is thrown to the dustbin. Anyway RIP oga driver.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
UNCLAD wire?!! shocked
That makes d innocent wire sound so dirty!! undecided
RIP to the dead sha.....
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Seun no go kill person with him dictionary. What will happen if you leave the word NAKKED to express itself freely on this forum?
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by begwong: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=Callotti]Hope nor be 'ritual' o? wink
R.I.P
The will of GOD again!
What a MARCIFOO GOD!!!! cry[/quote
Ehen!?
we 've already known u are an atheist already.
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by Bryan12(m): 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
RIP brother,,,,but would an unclad wire be doing in a whole govt.??Rivers state for that matter?....
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by 50calibre(m): 11:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Live wire in government house?

Health and Safety = None
Re: Amaechi’s Wife’s Driver Electrocuted by chucky234(m): 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sad you have to die from the carelessness of those goons running govt,what was life wire doing in a govt quarters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premium Times: EFCC Recovers $9.75 Million, N1.25 Billion In 2 Weeks — Magu / The Return Of SAP By Chris Adetayo / Pilots Survive As Air Force Suffers Mishap In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.