Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili (9630 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her Husband On His Birthday Today / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by yokiti: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2012

A former minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and immediate past World Bank’s Vice President for Africa, Mrs. Obiageli Ezekwesili, has said that she belongs to the school of thought which would like that the country’s oil reserves should dry up, if possible.

Ezekwesili, who was speaking as a guest speaker at the 16th Success Digest Enterprises Awards Presentation Dinner in Lagos, over the weekend, said “I am one of those Nigerians who are praying for Nigeria oil to dry up so that our government can quickly take immediate actions towards diversifying the nation’s source of revenue… Alternative to oil should emerge immediately to cure the oil politics in our nation.”

The recently appointed member to the Board of Directors of Bharti Airtel in Africa continues: “Nigeria ruins its opportunities to grow economically with the likes of Singapore, Malaysia etc that had their independence almost the same period with our country, simply because Nigeria lacked the instrumentality of entrepreneurship of the public sector which had helped its contemporaries to grow tremendously.”

She then advised the Federal Government to quickly tackle the rising rate of unemployment in the country, the rate of which, it has been estimated, is around 40 per cent of the entire population.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/i-pray-for-nigerias-oil-to-dry-up-oby-ezekwesili.html

3 Likes

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Until oil dries up we're going to remain a slave to oil.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by nxanadu: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
when e reach my turn, i chop and chop..... when i chop and chop, i chop and leave.
Fela don talk am b4.
what is my biz if it get dry. nonsense!
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by anintia(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
why would you pray for such

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
Who tells you 'oyel' is Nigeria's problem? If it dries up today, there'll be concerted efforts aimed at harnessing other forms of natural resources, after which the REAL PROBLEM would re-emerge!
Mrs Ezekwesili, WOMAN UP and be the Jerry Rawlins of Nigeria, and you'll be highly decorated by the country Nigeria!!!
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by adekennis(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sugarcoated mouth............ like say she no go chop money if she be madueke...mtchew

2 Likes

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by scopusng(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Na today abeg, make i hear word jare.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'll take the offering after your prayer meeting ma!!!
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by killuminati(m): 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Yaaaaaaaaay cheesy 4th to comment

Ameeen $ɪ̣̝̇я̩̥̊
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Chuks16(m): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
Why will it dry up, if that happen fuel price will be 1k per litter.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
I Beg make e never dry up yet oooo....I never chop my own full yet ooooooh.

There is nothing as sweet as govt money...trust me! tongue wink

2 Likes

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
correct woman..

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nairastake: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ka m nukwa...
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by killuminati(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oh damn sad Oh well all join, next time
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Youngzedd(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
God doesn't answer this kind of prayer.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by megxo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
amen
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Kemy11(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
I wont pray for oil to dry up but i ll pray that it would be sold at 5 dollars per barrel so that palm oil in the east, cocoa in the west and groundnut pyramid in the north will ressurrect.

6 Likes

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by megxo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kemy11: I wont pray for oil to dry up but i ll pray that it would be sold at 5 dollars per barrel so that palm oil in the east, cocoa in the west and groundnut pyramid in the north will ressurrect.
amen

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Inasmuch as her reason 4 making such a prayer is justified,i wouldn't pray 4 such.Her prayer should have been for Corruption and Embezzlement to 'dry up'...I mean God gave us a gift. That we are abusing it does not make it a mistake and therefore start praying that the gift(oil) be taken back.Instead,Nigeria should stop abusing it for maximum positive returns.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Smartjeezy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'm a spaniard,but my mom is from here.i spent almost 25years in madrid spain.
I came here purposely because of my own share from national cake...it wont dry up in jesus name till i get there.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Gbawe: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
anintia: why would you pray for such

because, ironically, it may hasten our development.

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by ignis: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Sure
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by 1forall: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wow being Nigerian is looking more like a sickness now oh cry
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Exactly, but ppl are so myopic to see it that way, in other words she is saying if we can leave oil and look into other resources we will be better for it cool
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by BlackBaron: 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
Yep, pray it does. It's made Nigerians 'O so lazy'

BUT

Before the oil dries up, just make sure the whole ND looks like better than Dubai.

The people under whose feet lies our oil wells yet live in one of the poorest communities and endure some of the worst environmental disasters.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by niddamugu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
My prayer for you is that you succeed Allison Madueke as petroleum minister..... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by caesaraba(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Make e dry na. Who send? The only thing that can result from such an occurrence is positive change in the lives of the ordinary Nigerian. Simple!
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Siga: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
See this woman....u sef chop out of the oil money now...u no be Minister before? After u don chop clean mouth...u con talk say make the thing dry...hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by ayee001: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Millions of people are praying against that Madam.
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
She don chop her own finish abi she fee swear say she no chop oyel money when she was in govt. If the oil dries up common man will suffer most because the oil is the driver of every facet of Nigerian economy
Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
No need for stupid prayers God will not answer. A solution is to adopt true federalism. That way the Oil will dry up for about 28 of the 36 states. Then these will need to diversify their state's economy rather than rely on Oil money. The Oil producing states will also have no more excuse for non-performance.

1 Like

Re: I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili by mbulela: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Why did she not say this prayer when she was a minister during OBJ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kwara / Breaking News:- India Offers Nigeria $5bn Line Of Credit / Appeal court affirms Okorocha’s electoral victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.