Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH (597 Views)

Shiites Demand Zakzaky’s Release Before Panel Appearance / The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH by bilms(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
THE STATE OF LAWLESSNESS IN NIGERIA,THE WRONG STEP,YAR'ADUA LAID THE FOUNDATION,GEJ HAVE NO CHOICE AND MEND WAS PARTIALLY RIGHT.

Some years ago,when president Yaradua announced the amnesty PARDON for the militants that are responsible for causing so much destruction to lives and properties in the N/D region in the name of agitation,i insisted at that time that the decision of the president signifies the beginning and end of lawlessness in Nigeria. Many hailed the decision and commended the president,but i know that it was the worst decision ever taken by any leader. I stated at that time that It means that any group could come up anytime,cause havoc and still get juicy amnesty. Few years later,Boko Haram came up,destroyed lives and properties and we have no choice than grant them amnesty just like the militants. Some people have argued that,the militant have a legitimate demand considering the negative effect of oil spill in the region and i agree,but when a legitimate demand is agitated for illegitimately,the demand becomes illegitimate. The center point is,both boko haram and the militant are illegitimate when they employed violence and they should be treated as equal,and since they,the militant got amnesty,the FG has no choice than grant amnesty to the boko haram if we want peace. Though,this is regrettable,painful and hateful that we have to compensate those who kill thousands of innocent Nigerians,but it's a very hard choice we must take to restore peace. After the boko haram and Fg accept to dialogue,here come the militant with a demand,the release of its leader,Henry Okah and others who were held for the October 1st bomb blast. In my opinion,the demand was partially right. If the fg want to grant amnesty to boko haram which has bombed countless places like the Un house,police hq and many more places,why prosecute okah who bombed just once or twice? Their other demand of resource control is foolish and useless. Though,the manner of their demand was a pity to the Nigerian state. The fg have been reduced to nothing. The bad and wrong decision of late president Yar'adua would hunt Nigeria for a long time,i pray that we overcome it. My advice to the Nigerian youths is simple,learn to condemn a wrong step even if you are alone doing so. Never celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH by bilms(m): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:12am On Nov 06, 2012
Mend should have insisted on Henry Okah release before they accepted the amnesty.

I guess it was a betrayer by mend leaders for abandoning Okah at that crucial time.

The selfishness and greediness of mend leaders played major role.

Okah should have known better that betrayer is part of the game.

Since Asari Dokubo started getting billions from FG and others getting juicy contracts I guess their bank account is too fat now to fight their once recognised leader.
Re: Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:14am On Nov 06, 2012
Okah made big mistake by moving to south africa.......he forgot only in Nigeria you can do anything you like and get away.
Re: Mend Were Partially Right To Demand For Okah's Release Before Dialogu With BH by bilms(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
he lives there

(1) (Reply)

Cases Of sexual molestation Rise To 84% In Nigeria!! / Buy Gotv For Just N9,500 And Get 3 Months Free Subscription / Breaking News: Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting leaves 28 Dead, mostly Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.